Barb and Sader 2 man trial key farming 45+

Barbarian
Thought this may help some, bc solo, trials still suck for barb, and some of you may not have a DH or many people to help out with.

Yesterday I used my sader to help a barb buddy who came back, we did about 6 trials, got 42-45 keys as a duo. I used regular zdps sader build I use for trials with DH.

Sader stands kind of even with the crack you see, and barb stands below between sader and healing well. The sader can group mobs and blind like normal and the barb charges the group. The main thing here is timing, the barb should wait about 3 secs for the sader to pull the mobs together, then do the charge. When the round ends, barb needs to walk down again, dont charge, and let sader regroup. It gets harder as waves go higher, but if you give the sader time to group them, they tend to die at the same time. If the barb charges right way, you'll end up with a straggler and the DOT damage still sucks so by wave 43+ you probably wont kill it. Hope this helps some at least if you are going for mid 40's keys.
Solo 47+: HS phys with compass rose set. When mobs spawn, you charge towards the entrance of the middle from outside but do not enter. You use only the cone to freeze them at the bottleneck. Once the mobs have all come close enough, you charge in, stomp them, and then charge them down.
Good info, thanks Liakos

Page, do you have a video, all Im reading is cone and freeze which makes me want Ice cream now.
01/14/2015 12:14 PMPosted by page
Solo 47+: HS phys with compass rose set. When mobs spawn, you charge towards the entrance of the middle from outside but do not enter. You use only the cone to freeze them at the bottleneck. Once the mobs have all come close enough, you charge in, stomp them, and then charge them down.

Very good job there, I'll try that out too, so you use ground stomp after you freeze the initial group to group them up? I think we could've done higher too, but just didn't get it all perfect or timed up, barb charged too early at times. I did find a nice Ancient Heart Slaughter yesterday, 30% phys 3800 DPS, and INT! instead of strength lol.
01/14/2015 12:21 PMPosted by CC123
Page, do you have a video, all Im reading is cone and freeze which makes me want Ice cream now.

nope, but maybe I'll make one later, just for you :p

/edit: great, lag and I got no more keys :( had a few tries and it is been a while since ptr, shot some 42-47, but it was all bad trials not really showcasing what I meant by using the cone to first freeze mobs at the exit of the middle (like where the sader usually is positioned in group trials). :(

I got one that is halfway decent, I can upload that one.
+1 on video ...

I always love to watch you play (no !@#$)
lol, no wonder it was lagging, I had stream running muted in the background.

Regular offensive phys dot setup with fire cota: wh, hs, compass rose set (ring+amu), trangouls, bott, pe, toxin.
passives: ruthless, brawler, berserker, rampage

Possible variations/optimizations: drop soj instead of unity (since elite dmg is useless), get better amu (like + phys), use rorg+compass rose for crown for better cooldowns (using stomp twice per wave), get chc on bracers (^^ my personal favorite) etc...

Good example of cone usage at exit of centre at 2:02, otherwise many fails to see folks ^^ (as I said it has been a while since ptr for me).

In general: stay outside the center, let cota aggro the mobs, stay as far away as you need to have cota fight at the corner, use fc/cone to freeze, keep mini map in view, how the mobs are grouping up, when close enough charge in and stomp --> max bloodshed effect

so: possible to shoot decent keys solo with this, but it needs a lot pf practice, knowing how to aggro the mobs while not getting killed by ranged mobs. Better: do it in group. But either way, key is always grouping at the "bottleneck".

Haven't tried it yet with sader + 2dhs + baba ...

vid:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iAeOPA4b1Dk
Thanks page nerdman... good video.
What is a high key for barbs in 2.1.2 solo
01/15/2015 09:51 PMPosted by KAMBO
What is a high key for barbs in 2.1.2 solo

Page got a 47, see video above, but I don't think most barbs can do it like he did and have the gear he had; my guess is low 40's
Thanks page for posting the video. I actually found my first WH 2 hours after watching it.

Since that was my last missing piece I tried it. Pretty impressive stats: http://imgur.com/yRTv3ND
I'm using an Band of Untold Secrets with godly rolls as second ring. (str, 5% cc, 49% chd, 7%cdr, socket)

Trials are easy as !@#$ with it. Thanks for sharing.
np :)

oh I forgot, instead of WC, Overpower Killing Spree should add a few levels too.
Roll a DH and you'll get 46/47 solo pretty consistently.
Switched in Overpower and using Unity now instead of Band of Untold Secrets.

http://imgur.com/frz0WK4

Made getting higher keys way more consistent. Those damn one-shot moments are gone.

Stats with Bloodshed and Overpower: http://imgur.com/2Xp4Vku
very nice!