Is 4-P MF bonus THAT important? Experiences

Wizard
As you may know, staying close enough to our teammates when playing in group is always something to look at when playing with fast characters (whether it's you or a teammate the fastest one). The main reason is arguably the MF bonus, since a huge drop is usually the most wanted thing when farming (fun aside).

The bonus are these:
2-player game: 10% Bonus to Gold Find, Magic Find, and Experience
3-player game: 20% Bonus to Gold Find, Magic Find, and Experience
4-player game: 30% Bonus to Gold Find, Magic Find, and Experience

This specific issue has been touched lately while discussing about Fb Wizard T6 farming, since it's a DoT build and not a burst damage one like DH, Monk and Barb most popular builds. Some people complains that the playstyle of "running forward" while DoT applies can make you separate from the group quite often that you don't benefit of group playing at all, and so your teammates, who would lose a 10% bonus.

Leaving aside if your Wizard is loosing the 4-player bonus too often, like some people report, or not (it will depend of your group, playstyle, etc.), what I wanted is your opinion about the drops you have got when playing solo versus when playing in group (MF bonus on): have your best items dropped when playing solo, or while playing with teammates? Have you noted that MF bonus?

RNG is RNG, but do you think that 30% can be relevant when chasing items like Furnace, Witching Hour, SoJ, etc.? Share your opinion and experiences please, thanks!
It's not relevant AT ALL. 30% Increased Magic Find means that you have a 3% better chance of getting legendaries. Why not just teleport away from the group and finish the Rift 20% faster?
I don't think it's relevant at all, but it's so much more fun to play with other players. Also, you may get into some groups that just stomp through all mobs together, which is faster than alone.
It's not important at all.

What you do is make a MF Wizard like mine, and go around pub games pretending you're killing stuff and pick up all the legendaries.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Junger-1623/hero/44395895
I think similar. However, when I solo and I'm not getting many drops I usually ask myself if it wouldn't be better to join a pub game xD

01/18/2015 02:49 PMPosted by Junger
It's not important at all.

What you do is make a MF Wizard like mine, and go around pub games pretending you're killing stuff and pick up all the legendaries.

Haha, that's a interesting option when I am bored. Did you noticed the difference with leg drops using all that MF?

Lol it's literally a farmer... :P
There is a difference between the number of leg/set drops while in a group vs playing solo. I have played a lot of solo as well as group, and while it may be hard to differentiate between more drops due to group speed vs solo speed, there is no doubt in my mind I get more drops per hour in group. Then there is the advantage of the so called "sixth sense" some people use and if one person in the group has it then the difference is even more.
01/18/2015 02:03 PMPosted by Spektr
Why not just teleport away from the group and finish the Rift 20% faster?

or just use diff prof n finish the rift even faster..

lol viz = full of leechers... cache it forward isn't enough for ya? :)
no wonder tang wanted to join viz..