Latest hotfix: Grift gearswap fixed

General Discussion
There was no discussion about latest hot fixes so I just wanted to highlight that one.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/15698856044#4

Doesn't affect me at all, but just wanted to highlight that. Some of you might be happy and some get angry. Well, that fix might be a bit late, because gearswapping isn't that popular anymore, maybe? If I'm right. 0dog is the new trend.

And before people says to me that why I care, I have hardly played the game etc...please, check other regions.
Good catch. Like it or lump it, been a long time coming.
Exploit fixed. no problem here. if it was not an exploit they would not have needed to hotfix it
It's nice though if you get disconnected from private GR with friends or public -- just ask for invite. Nothing modified of course.
This season was such a joke.. So for rank 1 witch doctors rank 1 is propaply locked in permanently.

Gz for those who found ancient furnace and cleared highest possible GR and killed boss with optimized bosskiller kukri-pet (old kukri works just fine there). Now there is propaply no chance to compete even if u find ancient furnace or ancient kukri since jade is by far superior vs elites/trash and kukri superior vs RG.

This exploit was working on previous patch too and it was streamed.. Why it wasnt fixed before on recent patch or after season ends..!? I thought i still had a week time left to find good ancient wpn for jade and try it..
01/29/2015 07:00 AMPosted by Havgin
Exploit fixed. no problem here. if it was not an exploit they would not have needed to hotfix it

01/29/2015 07:30 AMPosted by Arirmind
This season was such a joke.. So for rank 1 witch doctors rank 1 is propaply locked in permanently.

ya, i remember seeing a collection of the hate threads describing how you could simply clear things in the manner the hotfix described.

season 1 was bound to have tons of problems though since it was a first attempt. season 2 hopefully will be better (and shorter), though the damage from season 1 has already been done. a lot of ppl see seasons for what they are now which is nothing more then the same as non-season. a few gear pieces does not change anything.

when i look at, as example, PoE seasonal leagues in themselves have unique affixes added to them that make them different. they also have seasonal races for in game prizes. im just pointing that out because seasonal here is nothing short of bland since its the same as playing non-season.
On one hand, I find it pretty sad that leaderboards weren't frozen when 2.1.2 was introduced. On the other hand, I think it's good some of these exploits are being rooted out now before the new leaderboards are introduced.
I'm going to LMAO if season 2 goes live with no alternative to 0dogs available.
About time!
My problem with the hotfix is the time-frame. This bug has been around for all of season 1. It's been reported a bunch of times, including during the PTR for patch 2.12. Then they rolled the patch out a month late and still didn't have it fixed.

Blizzard and the developers have no integrity when it comes to things like this.
01/29/2015 08:24 AMPosted by smokeypoo
On one hand, I find it pretty sad that leaderboards weren't frozen when 2.1.2 was introduced. On the other hand, I think it's good some of these exploits are being rooted out now before the new leaderboards are introduced.

15 seasons from now we'll be all about "can't wait till new season with no exploits"
01/29/2015 08:27 AMPosted by Shadow

the dumb is strong with you. it wont effect season 2 at all really. you need legacy gear to pull it off so its a non season issue
01/29/2015 02:43 AMPosted by Miranna
There was no discussion about latest hot fixes so I just wanted to highlight that one.

Thanks for the call-out. :) There were indeed some players who were manipulating game mechanics in order to swap gear during a Greater Rift. This was clearly against the intended design of Greater Rifts, and something we wanted to address—hence the hotfix.

Just in case the current hotfix description isn’t clear, how it works is as follows: If you’re in game A doing a Greater Rift and you leave the game and go into game B and swap your gear, it will remove you from the Greater Rift in game A. When you return to game A, you will no longer be eligible to rejoin the Greater Rift until you re-equip your original gear and switch back to your original set of skills.
So, if they put their original gear on, can they reenter or no?

Confirmed with both dev and QA: Players can reenter if their loadout is reverted. In this case, "loadout" refers to your gear and skills (we snapshot both).

Good catch, and thanks! Updated previous post.
01/29/2015 07:30 PMPosted by Lylirra
Good catch, and thanks! Updated previous post.

Good deal. :-)
01/29/2015 07:01 PMPosted by Lylirra
01/29/2015 02:43 AMPosted by Miranna

Thanks for the call-out. :) There were indeed some players who were manipulating game mechanics in order to swap gear during a Greater Rift. This was clearly against the intended design of Greater Rifts, and something we wanted to address—hence the hotfix.

Just in case the current hotfix description isn’t clear, how it works is as follows: If you’re in game A doing a Greater Rift and you leave the game and go into game B and swap your gear, it will remove you from the Greater Rift in game A. When you return to game A, you will no longer be eligible to rejoin the Greater Rift until you re-equip your original gear and switch back to your original set of skills.

Nice, now please don't forget to fix this newly leaked out bug before seasons starts.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/15700177444
01/29/2015 03:09 PMPosted by timnor
01/29/2015 08:27 AMPosted by Shadow

the dumb is strong with you. it wont effect season 2 at all really. you need legacy gear to pull it off so its a non season issue

Some of us play Era. But thanks for the semantic quibble.
01/29/2015 07:30 PMPosted by Lylirra
Confirmed with both dev and QA: Players can reenter if their loadout is reverted. In this case, "loadout" refers to your gear and skills (we snapshot both).

For gear, I hope it's not just item IDs you snapshot. Please make sure gems, both normal or legendary, are indeed snapshot as well.

As a side note, you can store a character loadout in resident memory, but you can't store another stash tab in permanent memory at 1/250th the cost? Come on :)