Top Tip for Haunt of Vaxo Users -

Demon Hunter
No, because DH already has a ton of Passives that give you a flat damage boost which are all better than Vaxo.
Didn't realize "haunt of vaxo users" is a thing
I don't know what skills you are using to procc Zei's but the stun effect never proccs for me. Bug perhaps.
01/21/2015 04:31 PMPosted by Kolonel
Thanks.

That makes this better than a Hellfire now then I guess?

Not MY hellfire... 50% uptime = useless/unrelaible
Vaxo is very good for trials due to the delay between waves you have them 75% of when you are fighting. Treat Vaxo as 10% DIBS on average so about half a passive.
Vault - rattling roll also proc clone
But do you need to have MfD between your skills or not?
You don't need Mfd on your bar to proc clone's casting.
01/21/2015 05:50 AMPosted by Harns
crap I cary an ancient calamity.

You may *carry an ancient Calamity, but I believe you'll find the MfDs stack.

01/21/2015 08:11 AMPosted by JorL
you are saying that with zei's stone and calamity sentries will proc MfD?

That's precisely what I'm saying, bud.

01/21/2015 06:22 AMPosted by fatpanda
I'm not sure if MfD will be a certain choice for DHs.

You don't need it on your toolbar - the clones cast it themselves, thus buffing your damage for FREE.

01/21/2015 01:47 PMPosted by Iria
They are out for 15 seconds and have a 30 second cooldown

I stand corrected, further inspection shows that they are indeed up for only half of the 30 second cooldown period. Thanks for that - I've updated the OP.

01/21/2015 11:33 AMPosted by Sniggles
Been using Vaxo this way since Nov. =)

I'm late to the party then! Better late than never!

01/21/2015 04:38 PMPosted by flyin9monkie
Didn't realize "haunt of vaxo users" is a thing

I suspect there is much that escapes you, Mr. Monkie, however those DH players that possess a 'Haunt of Vaxo' amulet (link provided in the OP) and wish to avail themselves of an occasional free MfD that also works on elites and RGs would do well to USE said amulet, combined with a rank 25+ Zeis gem. I hope this clarifies things for you.

01/21/2015 04:45 PMPosted by Jsachun
I don't know what skills you are using to procc Zei's but the stun effect never proccs for me. Bug perhaps.

Odd. I noticed the many MfD procs from the Vaxo clones when using multishot. I guess the AOE nature of this skill might be responsible in part, for the high uptime I was seeing? Make sure your Zeis gem is a rank 25+ to enable the stun feature.
I tried this last night and it hardly ever procs. I wonder why that is?
Zei's stun proc chance is 20%, so it will take a few hits typically to proc. Also I believe only your own shot can proc stun, but not the sentries firing, would like to confirm if anyone knows.
^yes, only your hits proc the stun. which should be where most of your dps is coming from with this new patch.
I have a perfect version of the ammy that summons 6 skeletons (which name I forgot). Will skeletons proc stun as well ?

That would be really nice, considering there are 6 of them :)

I still need to find a fire SoJ though :(
01/22/2015 12:49 PMPosted by ECOLA
Zei's stun proc chance is 20%, so it will take a few hits typically to proc. Also I believe only your own shot can proc stun, but not the sentries firing, would like to confirm if anyone knows.

Yup, was doing the shooting most of the time and it still hardly ever procs. Gonna try the rattle rune from vault.
I was a Vaxo user with my lightning wiz, but his clones didn't cast nice spells such as MfD.
Remembering that most lightning skills procs Vaxo as well in case someone running that build.

Good threat!
I used it all day today and it was constantly up as soon as the CD went down... very good uptime and the little clones are fearless. They serve as good distractions and do some pretty helpful stuff.

I'd say this is a nice alternative for someone who doesnt have a good hellfire (like myself) or another of the defensive amulets.
Right when loot 2.0 came out I was lucky to get a lvl 60 vaxo with 20% physical, 85chd, 9.5cc and mainstat. Now that sockets are used on ammys it's a perfect amulet for physical builds.

It's been great for my DH. Fun stuff!
I have lightning toon for low Torment play that uses vaxo together with danettas. danettas proc vaxo and make addidional clones every time you vault so it gets a lot of decoys. Though danettas clones don't use any skills i think.
Do the clones cast all skills that I have equiped? I have Evasive Fire and CA skills. I need to double check the two Vaxos amulets I have stored away. It sounds fun to use but I'm not quite sure how much stronger they would be to my ancient HF amulet.
Haunt of Vaxo was the BiS for a while before HF ammies, just needed a reliable way to Proc it (which was done with Zei's or Cluckeye in 2.1.)

I did find a GG A.Vaxo recently that I've been dumping mats to try to get a better CHD roll:

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Kaosss-1780/hero/49602413