Top Tip for Haunt of Vaxo Users -

Demon Hunter
01/22/2015 06:01 PMPosted by RobertsMac
Haunt of Vaxo was the BiS for a while before HF ammies, just needed a reliable way to Proc it (which was done with Zei's or Cluckeye in 2.1.)

I did find a GG A.Vaxo recently that I've been dumping mats to try to get a better CHD roll:

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Kaosss-1780/hero/49602413

sheesh, your gear is almost all ancient already. I'm surprised you haven't crafted an ancient reaper's wraps yet. That's probably the easist one to get. can't believe you have an ancient bombsack too, they are pretty rare, let alone getting an ancient with 20% AS.
01/22/2015 05:02 PMPosted by JackLondon
Do the clones cast all skills that I have equiped?

No it seems random what skills they cast, but the MfD Valley of death is very noticeable and appears quite often, I find.

01/22/2015 04:16 PMPosted by Nevermind
I used it all day today and it was constantly up as soon as the CD went down... very good uptime and the little clones are fearless. They serve as good distractions and do some pretty helpful stuff.

Indeed. I also see them proc as soon as the icon CD has worn off. I didn't actually realise they lasted for only 15 seconds and assumed they were there for the entire duration that the buff was on screen - which is why I thought they had almost full uptime. They are great though and as you say utterly fearless in running into battle!
The Clones all cast the same set of skills per class IIRC, there was a list/posting of them back when RoS came out.
Vaxo is a ridiculously good amulet for what it does, and has almost no downside.

I absolutely love it.
My DH amulet options are as follows:

a) Hellfire Amulet
741 dex
10% cc
81% cd
socket
+ Custom Engineering passive

b) Haunt of Vaxo
20% cold damage
680 'ish dex
9.5% cc
94% cd
+ Clones casting MfD/etc

Obviously I was stoked to finally make a decent Hellfire Ammy, but to me, the clones running around 50% of the time casting useful skills and distracting the enemy is WORTH a passive.

Secondly, and a little harder to come to grips with, would be sacrificing a leg gem (I run with BoT/Zei's/BoP) for 20% cold damage. Hmmm.

So, tell me what you'd use if you were me using a CA/maelstrom M6 build!?

(ps Don't judge on my current DH setup, as I'm experimenting with MS/arsenal atm :)
I might use my ghetto vaxo tomorrow.:)
Dang this whole time I could of been using mine, never thought they were worth it!
01/24/2015 03:05 AMPosted by Lotus
Obviously I was stoked to finally make a decent Hellfire Ammy, but to me, the clones running around 50% of the time casting useful skills and distracting the enemy is WORTH a passive.

Indeed. Lots of good feedback in this thread, and I hope a few more players that didn't try their Vaxo's for some time might enjoy what those sexy clones bring to the game.

Thanks for the comments guys.
I actually started plating with this amulet in GRs. I have to admit, it is a viable option. I have a bunch of nice amulets that all serve a purpose, including a Ancient Hellfire with nice rolls and a socket. But there is something about Vaxo and the way they cast MFD (VoD). Now the shadow clones themselves are nothing more then a decoy since they don't do a whole lot of damage, but when there is 2 Valley of Deaths simultaneously cast on the ground, that is extremely useful against elites in GRs. The other thing is MFD that was cast lasts a lot longer then the proc time for clones. It is not always 100% uptime, but there are fair amount where it is always on the screen until they cast another when they spawn again.

One down side is that you cannot control "where" they cast MFD. In things like trials it seems only semi-useful, whereas in GRs where engagements are longer they usually put it where the elite is at.

For T6, not really needed since damage for most is not a issue there...
01/28/2015 06:51 AMPosted by Mimir
The other thing is MFD that was cast lasts a lot longer then the proc time for clones.

I noticed this too! The MfD was lingering even after the clones disappeared! It really does add some much needed damage to G rifts.
Do they cast any other rune if you have MfD skill on the bar? Or they only cast MfD (VoD rune) if you have it on the bar?

NM saw it proc randomly, pretty cool.
VAXO almost works every time is ready to proc, versus white mobs and elite, but with Rift Guardian solo sometimes don't proc. Why is the reason?
Why Vaxo doesn't always proc with Rift Guardian?
02/06/2015 08:15 AMPosted by Juno
with Rift Guardian solo sometimes don't proc. Why is the reason?

02/16/2015 01:44 AMPosted by Juno
Why Vaxo doesn't always proc with Rift Guardian?

If your clones are down before the RG and it happens to be stun-resistant as some are, then Zeis effect is perhaps not proccing the Vaxo.

Best is to hope for adds to stun I guess, though for sure I see cones and the Vaxo icon on some RGs - just not all.
Thanks @Wired and everyone, nice post.