Hexing pants with WoL?

Monk
Why is no one using Hexing Pants with WoL builds? Am I missing something? The free damage and spirit from stutter-stepping with bells seems way too good to pass up for something like Inna's set bonus or whatever else people are using in the pants slot.

"Crie" on my builds: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Cry-1638/hero/48478744

I'm nearly certain that stutter-step casting of WoL does benefit from the Hexing Pants bonus...am I wrong? I've done the testing myself.

...Am I alone here? Do I think this myself?
Inna's allows you to keep casting sweeping wind, which allows you to keep Taeguk at 60-70 stacks or so. Those stacks on Taeguk not only provide damage comparable or better than Hexing pants without having to stutter step, but they also provide a real nice buff to armor than makes you indestructible against much of the damage received in high level grifts. That sweeping wind also allow you to maintain a much higher spirit regeneration which allows the casting of more bells. More bells equals more damage overall. So no, Hexing pants are not a good decision over the Inna's set bonus.
01/28/2015 07:56 PMPosted by Lycinia
Inna's allows you to keep casting sweeping wind, which allows you to keep Taeguk at 60-70 stacks or so. Those stacks on Taeguk not only provide damage comparable or better than Hexing pants without having to stutter step, but they also provide a real nice buff to armor than makes you indestructible against much of the damage received in high level grifts. That sweeping wind also allow you to maintain a much higher spirit regeneration which allows the casting of more bells. More bells equals more damage overall. So no, Hexing pants are not a good decision over the Inna's set bonus.

Yup, basically this. 70 stacks give you perma increase damage of 35% which is difficult to give up for 25% dmg boost of Hexing, couple with free mantras and armor.
stutter step play is retarded play for me with any char. for instance i tried with pet doctor and its retarded
Taeguk doesn't refresh with a sweeping wind cast.
01/29/2015 04:25 AMPosted by Fierce1
Taeguk doesn't refresh with a sweeping wind cast.

For the upteenth time it does. But if you have RCR with innas it wont stack. The more you know....
01/28/2015 07:56 PMPosted by Lycinia
Inna's allows you to keep casting sweeping wind, which allows you to keep Taeguk at 60-70 stacks or so. Those stacks on Taeguk not only provide damage comparable or better than Hexing pants without having to stutter step, but they also provide a real nice buff to armor than makes you indestructible against much of the damage received in high level grifts.

Ah thanks, that seems to be what I was missing.
Additionally, full Inna's gives you 20% bonus dmg from the unity passive if you use crudest boots, which are BiS for no-gen builds.

3 pieces of armor for:

- benefit of 4 mantras, without taking a skill slot (thoughness, damage and regen)
- easy 100% taeguk uptime
- 20% damage from unity passive
- minor bonus stats (2.0 regen, 200 lpss, 250 dex)

That seems like a good deal to me!
^True dat. I love 4-pc Inna's. Every time I try to use Blackthorne's or Crimson's I realize how amazing it is.
About this

01/29/2015 05:37 AMPosted by suddenZenith
Inna's gives you 20% bonus dmg from the unity passive if you use crudest boots

the sheet panel, with crudest boots on, states a 15% bonus increase from skills. I tried to verify it with some basic math and it seems unity adds 5% bonus damage for every ally, not including myself; this means that in solo you get 5% for every mystic ally plus 5% for the follower, totalling indeed 15%.
Can anyone verify, just for the sake of truth?
01/30/2015 10:34 AMPosted by Nisciunu
Can anyone verify, just for the sake of truth?

Just checked it in game and it does give 20% bonus damage, even without the templar. That is because each ally is affected by 3 mantras, so you exceed the cap of 20% by quite a lot.
01/30/2015 01:28 PMPosted by suddenZenith
Just checked it in game and it does give 20% bonus damage, even without the templar. That is because each ally is affected by 3 mantras, so you exceed the cap of 20% by quite a lot.

I see, so in solo you can get 20% bonus from unity only using inna's four pieces.
Nice to know, thanks.
Do hexing pants work with raiments 6 piece bonus? I wonder if the damage modifier is still in effect
When the lightning bolts are released