2.1.2 Update for PS3!?

Console Discussion
I read that the 360 and PS3 won't be getting anymore ongoing patches and updates?? Please tell me I read wrong because I dont wanna regret buying this game...
Well sorry to burst your bubble but blizzard has no intentions right now to do anything as far as patches go on last gen consoles
If you look at the news from around August 12th of last year, you'll see where they stated "No plans" for patch support for old systems. It hasn't been changed since then and I'm assuming that 2.1.2 didn't drop today for those 2 systems.
Essentially, no. They released RoS on last gen. And that is the best we're getting. To get up to date patch support, we're going to have to drop nearly half a grand on a console and a game to get it.
Are we going to get this for every future patch? When 2.2 gets released are we again going to get inundated with "When is PS3 getting 2.2?"

It's tiring...do some research before you buy a game and in 1 minute you can see what the latest patch is for whatever system you have and you can also find out the intended patch support for it too...Blizzard have stated repeatedly..no more patches for lastgen.
01/13/2015 04:19 PMPosted by Jakk
If you look at the news from around August 12th of last year, you'll see where they stated "No plans" for patch support for old systems. It hasn't been changed since then and I'm assuming that 2.1.2 didn't drop today for those 2 systems.

Jakk, I love your forum input, but sometimes man you waste your time answering stupid questions that just take people 4 seconds to google and find, use that energy for deeper post input.
01/13/2015 04:26 PMPosted by Eidolon
Essentially, no. They released RoS on last gen. And that is the best we're getting. To get up to date patch support, we're going to have to drop nearly half a grand on a console and a game to get it.

Wah wah wah
I just read an article from blizzard, it basically said that they're strongly considering patching ps3&xbox360! They said all they need are 5 more threads titled "update for last gen console please".
01/13/2015 05:25 PMPosted by Tybudd
01/13/2015 04:19 PMPosted by Jakk

Jakk, I love your forum input, but sometimes man you waste your time answering stupid questions that just take people 4 seconds to google and find, use that energy for deeper post input.

Lol, i am drawn to terrible threads. I try to be helpful when I can but it's these gems that keep me from getting bored.
Why do these topics keep popping up? Dude you should of read before you bought the game. They announced before it came out they were only supporting next gen consoles with patches.
https://www.change.org/p/blizzard-entertainment-upgrade-reaper-of-souls-xbox-360-and-ps3-to-2-1-0
from waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay before UEE came out they said no support so no support!
Sign the Petition!!!

https://www.change.org/p/blizzard-entertainment-upgrade-reaper-of-souls-xbox-360-and-ps3-to-2-1-0
01/15/2015 04:43 PMPosted by DukeDeViouS
Sign the Petition!!!

If you want to sign a petition, why not try signing one that may actually get somewhere and is attempting to provide real-world change?

Nah, instead, let's get angry because we couldn't use our powers of perception to find out that Blizzard said they wouldn't provide patch support for last-generation consoles BEFORE the game came out, and let's make a petition that'll go absolutely nowhere!

Man, first-world problems are so horrible.
01/14/2015 07:31 PMPosted by Sticky69
from waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay before UEE came out they said no support so no support!

Agree. Blizzard hid nothing!
Are you !@#$ing kidding me? they didn't mention we weren't gonna get patches until they had d3 running on next gen they hid %^-*ing everything it's a cashgrab for us to buy the game yet again (for those of you who don't know those who already owned the basic D3 edition on ps3/360 we're forced to buy the combined version of the game over again with RoS on it just to get the expansion we've already paid enough !@#$ing money).
01/15/2015 08:27 PMPosted by Tornlegacy
Are you !@#$ing kidding me? they didn't mention we weren't gonna get patches until they had d3 running on next gen they hid %^-*ing everything it's a cashgrab for us to buy the game yet again (for those of you who don't know those who already owned the basic D3 edition on ps3/360 we're forced to buy the combined version of the game over again with RoS on it just to get the expansion we've already paid enough !@#$ing money).
I ahd ROS for the Xbox 360 and I was just as frustrated. After playing the new patch version and with the density of the Mobs in Greater Rifts and everywhere else, I am a true believer that the old consoles just can;t handle the technical requirements. Sorry.
Posted by DukeDeViouS
Sign the Petition!!!

If you want to sign a petition, why not try signing one that may actually get somewhere and is attempting to provide real-world change?

Nah, instead, let's get angry because we couldn't use our powers of perception to find out that Blizzard said they wouldn't provide patch support for last-generation consoles BEFORE the game came out, and let's make a petition that'll go absolutely nowhere!

Man, first-world problems are so horrible.

I have signed other petitions on change.org. And I know it might not help as with most petitions but I still going to try. :)
01/15/2015 08:27 PMPosted by Tornlegacy

You paid the price of an expansion. They were kind enough to include the full version in with it. Would you be less upset if they had charged you $40 for just ROS and required you have a $60 copy of Vanilla to go along with it? If you look, PC requires Vanilla + ROS and they charge the same or more for ROS than what you paid for ROS that includes Vanilla.

They announced prior to the release of the game that had decided they would patch current gen consoles. It wasn't AFTER like you claim. It was before you could play ROS on console. It sucks but it is what it is. The information was out there for you to find and if you failed to find it, you cannot blame Blizzard. It's on their actual website.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/search?f=article&k=Console

This 3RD item down is

"Patch Support Confirmed For PS4™ and Xbox One™"

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/15157764

8/11/2014
Thanks to the powerful new architecture of next-gen console platforms, we're happy to confirm that we will be able to provide ongoing patch support for Ultimate Evil Edition on the PS4 and Xbox One versions of the game. As we continue to patch Reaper of Souls on Windows and Mac, we will also be working to bring game updates to the PS4 and Xbox One.

Also, in the comments

Lylirra 8/11/2014
Ultimate Evil Edition on last-gen console platforms will ship with 2.0.5 content on the disc, and will be receiving a day 1 patch to introduce 2.0.6 content. There are no plans, however, to provide ongoing patch support for PS3 and Xbox 360 post-launch.

While we'd like to regularly deliver updates to the Xbox 360 and PS3 versions as well, there are enough differences between console generations that it's not feasible to do so without impacting our ability to deliver high-quality updates in a timely fashion.
@ Jakk: They stated that they wouldn't provide support in the COMMENTS of another article a whopping 8 days before release. If you didn't do your 'research' during that small window and you pre-ordered the product, you were screwed. People have lives and that tidbit of information could have been EASILY missed by many. Customer's aren't to blame because they didn't visit Blizzard's Battle.net website between 8-11 and 8/19, and then read through the COMMENTS to learn this information, Blizzard is. The fact is,Blizzard released that info at the last minute to prevent pre-order cancellations. Don't blame the people here who feel that got screwed, why you shouldn't you ask?? Because they did get screwed. Plan and simple.

Come on Next-Genners!!! Join the cause: