D3 would have been better as a phone app

General Discussion
I might have actually enjoyed its simplicity, linear skill design, and itemization while sitting in line at the DMV or at the doctor. But as a full fledged PC game, it just doesn't even begin to compare to its predecessor.
And yet... you will continue to play.
Probably purchase the next expansion, too.
I loved D2 I still play it. I love D3 I still play it. While I can agree that the title of "Diablo" maybe wasn't warranted for the game at first, Blizz is continuing to make it better. Blizz doesn't require you to pay for updates or anything like that, if you don't like it or where it is going, don't play.

But also keep in mind that the course this game has taken has largely been because of the player base and Blizz taking their suggestions and feedback. Your thread adds nothing and I just wanted to pop in and tell you that the forums as a whole would have been better off without this thread that you made.

Have a nice day.
lol, then quit.

Let me guess, 1202 posts you have are all complaints.
01/18/2015 06:22 PMPosted by Heretic666
I loved D2 I still play it. I love D3 I still play it. While I can agree that the title of "Diablo" maybe wasn't warranted for the game at first

With all due respect, without PvP and trading, this is not worthy of the "Diablo" name at all. However, realizing it is not a true Diablo, and no longer having expectations of it from the previous games, I can say that it is not a bad game.

It is worth the money, it is fun, and the only real problem I have with it is the lag they seem to refuse to fix. If you don't like it, maybe you need to move on then, OP.
I would play D3 if it were a mobile app
This game was designed from the ground up to play like a "free-to-play" game with microtransactions.

That's why the game was so dumbed down and streamlined in the first place. They just wanted everyone to need gear so that people would trade for gear so that Activision would make money off of it.

Now that that feature is removed the game is left to fend for itself and the fail design decisions have nothing to hide behind any longer.

No amount of patches or expansions will ever fix this.
01/18/2015 05:34 PMPosted by Sungrey
I might have actually enjoyed its simplicity, linear skill design, and itemization while sitting in line at the DMV or at the doctor. But as a full fledged PC game, it just doesn't even begin to compare to its predecessor.

he is right D3 has eclipsed D2. You can't compare them. There is much more to a game than trade and pvp. I always viewed the pvp in D2 as flawed. The trade it was a joke because of the dupes. and the 3rd party sites. It stripped the actual gear finding out of the game. You could buy any item.

Max 2 skills then max the two skills that synergized them.(listed in the skills tooltip) Str to equip, even if your class never used the stat, dex to block rest in Vit. People loved it because it was easy.

After years of play I never even bothered to fill in the skill tree until around lvl 24-26 when you could pick your main skill. Why, because they did not matter. The bulk were useless filler. lets say limbs you had to climb to get to the piece of fruit you actually wanted or needed. I did this without any problems.

I would ignore the trade and dupes, instead I'd run Mephisto in sets of 50 solo. I played only ladder after it was introduced and would have about 4-6 ladder accounts per ladder. At the end I dropped it all in the bit bucket. I'd delete some just to reuse the names.

Stats were a joke, you could go to The Arreat Summit see how much strength you needed for the build, Then which gear you needed to farm to get it. The only actual gate in the game was the treasure class's. We knew that you could not get Tal's armor from meph even if you killed him 1000 times. We knew which mobs dropped what gear it was all mapped out for us. As I said easy.

I laugh when I see people say D3 is only gear, while in D2 I did not even have to go for skills until past 20. It was the gear that got me there. Yes later in D3 the weapon is the focus but the skills drive it. Many do well and progress without that much desired weapon. Others can have the weapon and fail. In D2 I never saw a Hammerdin bot Baal without his enigma. I never saw others that were not chasing after the runewords and + 2 skills. Once you filled that magic formula max two skills and their synergies it was all about gear.

In D3 you get the skills as you level. Then you get the gear. In D2 we actually got the gear to level so we could get our next skill points. Compare the Skill Calculator's for each game some time.

After a while the game was simply rinse and repeat.

So praise D2 all you want at the end of the day it could not justify an xpac past lod.
01/18/2015 06:39 PMPosted by Shanikins
lol, then quit.

Let me guess, 1202 posts you have are all complaints.

You are aware that the post count is shared across all Blizzard forums, right?
01/18/2015 07:39 PMPosted by DeadRu
So praise D2 all you want at the end of the day it could not justify an xpac past lod.

D2 did not need more than one expansion to actually add items and character development and item building systems that are interesting.....

In fact D2 had more of everything than D1......D3 is still trying to catch up to D2.........lol.........
D3 = Clicker heroes 2
01/18/2015 08:50 PMPosted by Shurgosa
01/18/2015 07:39 PMPosted by DeadRu

D2 did not need more than one expansion to actually add items and character development and item building systems that are interesting.....

In fact D2 had more of everything than D1......D3 is still trying to catch up to D2.........lol.........

Yeah can't wait for the next expansion when they announce charms/runes like it is a great new feature. Lol @ adventure mode.
01/18/2015 05:36 PMPosted by Shivera
And yet... you will continue to play.
Probably purchase the next expansion, too.

I would actually buy (hell, probably preorder) if I could play it on my phone or iPad. I'd put it right next to Candy Crush, where it belongs.
given the current dmv lines in cali

wouldnt be enough content