Why no non-season 45 clear yet?

Wizard
40-42 are definitely easier. I've personally gotten closer than I have before on 43-44 attempts, and there's a few more 44 clears. I've dropped from ~40 to ~62 with my 42 since the patch. But the top end hasn't gone up as much as I would have thought yet.

Is it...

Because we haven't figured out how to fix our trial DH's, or farmed enough keys in group?

Because everyone's just farming T6 for Ancient gear?

Because even with reduced incoming damage, we're still at a DPS wall around 43-44?

Because 44+ still f'ing hurts, even with reduced incoming damage?

Because you're all a bunch of slackers? (Especially you, Pallis, Lord of the GG Furnace)

WHY??
It's still heavily RNG reliant, just different RNG flavors. I find some levels boost me to 40% before I go past 3 screens, others I can clear a whole level and see maybe a single elite pack.

And there's pylon RNG. Pylons are very common now, but which pylons... Getting a bunch of Power/Shield pylons is great, Channeled pylon is ok, Speed/Conduit don't really do anything to speed the killing up.
01/15/2015 11:37 AMPosted by grippgoat
Because even with reduced incoming damage, we're still at a DPS wall around 43-44?

Mostly this, need really good high-value mobs to leave a TON of time for RG kill.
I feel like I am not getting the same amount of progression per kill, or at least for certain mob types.

Specifically, did they reduce the progression gained from Dust Eaters? I had quite a few rifts with them and wasn't building a huge lead like I used too.

I also feel like my DOT falls off from being too far away, sooner now.

My sample size is still pretty small, about 12 rifts from 42-44, and these are just gut observations not backed by any testing. Just curious if anyone else noticed like issues.
01/15/2015 11:54 AMPosted by BDP
Specifically, did they reduce the progression gained from Dust Eaters? I had quite a few rifts with them and wasn't building a huge lead like I used too.

Yes.
Whoa...BDF your competitive alter-ego BDP is here.
after 1 try I did 42-43 and after 2 other try i'm stuck on 43. I tried with hydra% +atk speed but I die too much...

I think this is the biggest factor right now honestly.

Plus people know that the leaderboards are going to get wiped soon so there's less incentive to push for high GR clears. And with the way the community is, even if you get a high GR clear right now it's just going to be dismissed because you didn't do it before the patch so it means less.

Apocalypse FB was already pretty squishy, and on higher GRs it relied on Force Armor anyhow to mitigate, so the damage reduction from mobs doesn't really do a whole helluvalot for the build. And while density is better and thus you're able to trigger the RG faster, Apocalypse FB's DPS is still the same as it was pre-patch, so the RG isn't dying any faster unless you've managed to get Ancient gear (mainly weapon). In other words, the amount of time saved during the GR clear now may or may not be enough extra time to kill a 45+ RG before the timer expires (if that makes sense).

Also, Ancient Furnace being as rare as it is means that most of those people who are concerned about pushing high GR clears probably just haven't found one yet so they haven't bothered.
I have no keys (I have a 36), dislike solo and am suck at GR. At 40 right now, working on it slowly and sporadically.
I have tried 3 GR42s. I failed each one due to LAG spikes. I had the RG spawned with 7 min left on one of them, and still failed due to 5 deaths one right after the other.

That being said, DPS is still an issue going further. I need to give up conduit and toss on a WH (at least I have finally found 3 WH belts since patch) to push through 43 I think. I have like 15 GR41 keys and a couple GR42 left, so I just need the time.
No conduits for those that normally couldn't do it and Adjusted exp gain from dust eaters seems to have made a big difference. I like the changes myself. I feel like the extra damage I get from my hellfire is less of a double edged sword with the reduced damage. Once the top competitive players are decked out in ancient gear things will change. At least nobody will wonder if it was done because of a conduit.
01/15/2015 03:03 PMPosted by roxy
I like the changes myself.

Yeah, me too. Bad rifts are so much less terrible than they used to be.
A few people are doing them, I cleared a 41 on wednesday morning, and since then dropped from rank 68 to 98. Also notice some unknown names at the top doing 43/44s.

Because we haven't figured out how to fix our trial DH's, or farmed enough keys in group?

This.

I only had keys up to 41 when 2.1.2 dropped and I have not figured out how to get my DH back up and running yet because I have been hammering T6 rifts and banging Kadala for upgrades.
Because the people who are crazy enough to really really try. Meaning countless hours of frustration and extremely thick skin do not have an ancient furnace yet. I'm looking at sin777 Jeatch and snickerers. Once they get one I see 45,46 maybe even 47.
01/15/2015 12:41 PMPosted by Pallis
I have no keys (I have a 36), dislike solo and am suck at GR. At 40 right now, working on it slowly and sporadically.

With that Furnace you should be #1 already. With great power comes great expectations.
01/15/2015 06:30 PMPosted by LuckyDog
01/15/2015 12:41 PMPosted by Pallis

With that Furnace you should be #1 already. With great power comes great expectations.

meh, not really my thing. I get enough crap already. If someone wants to farm 44/45 keys for me I'll give it a go, but I am not really that good at them tbh. I'd rather do t6 and drop another to give away.
01/15/2015 07:25 PMPosted by Pallis
meh, not really my thing. I get enough crap already. If someone wants to farm 44/45 keys for me I'll give it a go, but I am not really that good at them tbh. I'd rather do t6 and drop another to give away.

Just do what you've always been doing, don't force yourself doing something you don't like just to conform to expectations. :)

To me, just play for love of the game. If an ancient drops, great. If not, we're still as good as before.