Any feedback for my Electric Wizard build?

Hardcore
Hi, I'd appreciate any comments on how to optimize my wizard, see my profile -> Starmover.
http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Rezon-1939/hero/52221252
Even though I've been here since the original beta I'm not that experienced in the alchemy of the perfect build.

Right now she goes through Torment III like a teenager through tissue, but she is very fragile, if not for her life-saving gear and passives, she'd be dead five times by now, so I don't dare take her to IV or higher.

Comments on what to reroll on my items would be nice as well.

Her flow basically goes like:

0) Energy shield - for extra mana.

- Encountering a group of enemies

1) Slow time with paralyze rune
2) Stream Arcane Torrent with discharge, for massive damage

- Group reaches bubble and paralyze

3) Continue Arcane Torrent

- Group escapes paralysis

4) Collect them with Black Hole
5) Continue Torrent

- If enemy still mobile

6) Teleport to a distance
7) Recharge mana with Electrocute
8) Repeat from point 1.

Sincerly yours..
You're not quite at this level
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=97OtsR8L1NY

Electric builds are a hard build to make work at higher T levels unless you have the perfect gear.

Give this build a shot:
http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/wizard#eNSjQO!XVbh!YabYZc

Get a Ring of Royal Grandeur
Craft 2 pieces of Asheara's
Craft 2 pieces of Aughilds
Craft 2 pieces of Captains

Get your move speed from paragon points. The move speed on boots is better as Armor, Life Regen, or Life%. Same with the Pants if you keep them.

Some items that would make your life much easier.
Stormcrow with Arcane Power on Crit
Source with Arcane Power on Crit
Shard of Hate sword
Wyrdward Ring
Dovu Energy Trap or Haunt of Vaxo amulet
Thundergod Vigor belt

Remember. It's electric boogie woogie woogie woogie
Thanks for the feedback :)

I'll try out some of your suggestions, though . arcanot and magic weapon seems unnecessary for mana regeneration purposes, as that isn't a problem right now. Most of my paragon points is in mana reduction and cap - and it does the trick sufficiently.
Also I'll feel vulnerabel without my crowd-control spells.
The problem with Electro builds is, that Stun doesn't really work well (on T6) due to thresholds. Bosses have a resistance of 70% against Stun with a threshold if 0.5 sec. So 1.5 sec get reduced to 0.45 sec and therefore ignored entirely. So you'd want to have a Dovu as EO already stated.

Also for more damage output I would replace Evocation with Arcane Dynamo and Astral Presence with Unwavering Will. After all, you're playing a channel build :) For the lost Arcane Regen I would replace Slow Time with Familiar - Arcanot giving you even more Arcane Regen.
Making non fire channeled builds work is about staying at low levels permanently and never letting go of the channel button. It also requires Krelm's, so the constant Knockback spam doesn't break channel anyways.

I don't remember if BH breaks channel but if it does ditch it immediately. Magic Weapon Conduit alone should handle all your resource needs, especially if you minimize attack speed. Get crit chance or crit damage instead of attack speed.

High level topazes can stay, anything less than 220 should be replaced with a diamond. Likewise pinpoint should be prismatic, you must facetank (almost) everything. Don't just stand in Molten for no reason, but don't be scared about enemies in your face.

Replace the move speed on pants with armor at the earliest available chance.

As others have mentioned, a RoRG combined with various crafted sets is not terrible. You also want a third piece of Firebird's even if not fire for the third life.

Instead of Wormhole, you should have either Safe Passage + Illusionist + Blur or Reversal + Blur + Illusionist/Audacity. The former is generally used offensively, enter combat range and channel at your feet while taking less damage and resetting via Illusionist. The latter is more for dodging ground spam then going right back where you were once the laser passes/bombs explode/whatever. Those passives replace Astral Presence and Evocation because they're just better. You should also replace Paralysis with Arcane Dynamo. Electrocute attacks very quickly and builds charges, and since you're just holding down the channel button why not do 60% more damage?
01/19/2015 02:40 AMPosted by Alast
The problem with Electro builds is, that Stun doesn't really work well (on T6) due to thresholds. Bosses have a resistance of 70% against Stun with a threshold if 0.5 sec. So 1.5 sec get reduced to 0.45 sec and therefore ignored entirely. So you'd want to have a Dovu as EO already stated.

This.

And why bother with a stun wiz when you can make a zDPS WD that not only got perm CC but also gives a huge DPS boost to your party?

I played around with a lightning wizard many moons ago when Torment 2 and 3 was still hard. It was fun but useless in higher torment levels because low dps and there's no good lightning spender (I don't know if they fixed this)

Anyway since I'm in a good mood today I'll tell you what you need:

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/item/shard-of-hate
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/item/mykens-ball-of-hate
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/item/velvet-camaral

You want to use the Forked Lightning rune and not the Chain Lightning rune for more DPS.

Signed,
The Great BoBaFeTT
I play around with lighting wizards quite a bit (see this wizard (profile here http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/TinneOnnMuin-1187/hero/52371630 ) . Because let's face it, they're just awesome! Maybe not as awesome as firebird DPS, but awesome in every other way.

So as others have said, if you're using a channeling skill your goal should be to get your AP regen high enough so that you can perma-channel (or near enough to). This will let you drop your primary skill entirely.

Ways to do this:
Resource cost reduction - paragon, shoulders
AP regen - Arcanot, Conduit, arcane power on crit (on source only, not worth it on helm IMO), Tal's 3-piece bonus. I generally don't use Astral Presence as there are better passives.

Your second goal should be to get your toughess high enough that you can take hits from most things without having to move. With channel skills, the damage ramps up over the first 3 seconds of channeling, so the longer you can channel continuously without moving the more damage you will do. You'll probably want Prismatic Armor for this.

After you meet these first two goals, you'll just add as much DPS as possible to your gear. Piece of cake, right?

Here's a video of me running a T6 rift with a tatic Discharge build on my seasonal HC wizard: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p033w6m8cD0

I'm now using the new-and-improved Shard of Hate, which has improved my clear times considerably. I'm pretty consistently under 7 minutes for T6 rifts now. Good luck!
Thanks for the good advice :)
Question: None of you think slow time is worth it? Also thanks for correcting me on Arcane Dynamo, that one is awesome - with my current gear I can run T4 now.
I feel quite a lot more powerful now :) Thanks to you suggestions, and a few Ancient Legendaries.
http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Rezon-1939/hero/52221252

Oh yeah, a question more: I'm not really sure about my choice of legendary gems - any tips?
The thing is, with the Slow Time rune you want to use you have to go pretty much melee. Usually a Wizard doesn't want that. Plus you have to place it really well for it to stun things. And range attackers just don't care. So too much trouble for too little benefit I think.

Regarding your choice of gems:

Wreath of Lightning doesn't stun. So it only does you any good if you already have a ton of +Lightning % gear and feel happy in half range distance. But even then I think Bane of the Trapped would do so much more for you. Especially if you really want to keep Slow Time ;)

Mirinae is a bad pick. Especially as you don't do any Holy damage otherwise. You're a Wizard, not a Crusader ;) You should go with Bane of the Powerful instead. Once at Level 25 most of the time you run around with +20% damage plus the extra + against Elites. That's a No. 1 pick.

Toxin gem is fine on level 25, especially when playing in groups.

Overall the 2 Bane gems should definitely be your first 2 choices when going for a Crowd Control build.
01/20/2015 04:48 AMPosted by Alast
The thing is, with the Slow Time rune you want to use you have to go pretty much melee. Usually a Wizard doesn't want that. Plus you have to place it really well for it to stun things. And range attackers just don't care. So too much trouble for too little benefit I think.

Regarding your choice of gems:

Wreath of Lightning doesn't stun. So it only does you any good if you already have a ton of +Lightning % gear and feel happy in half range distance. But even then I think Bane of the Trapped would do so much more for you. Especially if you really want to keep Slow Time ;)

Mirinae is a bad pick. Especially as you don't do any Holy damage otherwise. You're a Wizard, not a Crusader ;) You should go with Bane of the Powerful instead. Once at Level 25 most of the time you run around with +20% damage plus the extra + against Elites. That's a No. 1 pick.

Toxin gem is fine on level 25, especially when playing in groups.

Overall the 2 Bane gems should definitely be your first 2 choices when going for a Crowd Control build.

Pain enhancer isn't a bad choice either. It's 700% + weapon dmg per second on crit, plus an attack speed boost. Depending on elite kill speed I would recommend this over bane of the powerful.
Keep in mind that Zei's gem stuns at level 25, plus a light wiz attacks at range, so it's another great choice.
Not really against elites as explained earlier. Elites have 65% Stun resistance with a threshold of 0.5 sec. Not even a Dovu can get you over that threshold for Zei's 1sec Stun = 0.35sec Stun vs Elites.
Alast - you're right, by itself, the stun time isn't great, but add a Haunt of Vaxo ammy. I only wish I could add a socket to mine for Bane of the Trapped.

The Vaxo avatars cast slow time a lot!
If the stun doesn't reach the threshold it simply is getting ignored thus not triggering Vaxo.
Vaxo triggers on the trash, so useful against the elites.

Or we can agree to disagree. :)
True that. But I think the gain is very little. Especially as you need trash around. Not given against Grift Guardian ;)
Damn, I have to start bottom up again, my StarMover was just crushed by a level 14 Greater Rift Guardian, with the all too common Disconnect Internet affix.
that's a bummer dude. g luck on the re roll. I would help out but im not on till weekends normally. wiz is pretty sweet ut I gave up on light and went fire bird...soon to have both fire and tals set..gonna be sick!
01/20/2015 02:31 AMPosted by Rezon
Thanks for the good advice :)
Question: None of you think slow time is worth it? Also thanks for correcting me on Arcane Dynamo, that one is awesome - with my current gear I can run T4 now.

Any difficulty you'd actually need it on you can't kill enemies on.

As for legendary gems no gem is actually worth the opportunity cost until level 25. If you can't beat GR 24s at minimum just take more crit instead of a socket. Because lightning doesn't do well even at those low levels assuming you have another character that will level your gems use Bane of the Powerful, Bane of the Trapped, and a third gem only if you have a crit chance crit damage elemental damage socket amulet. If not don't worry about the gems, normal affixes are better than low level gems.