Red Beams!

Items and Crafting
Please make ancient drops be red beams from the sky! Or some other color! It would be very epic to see a new beam every once and a while :)

Thanks.
I kinda like not knowing if a leg is ancient or not. However, it'd be nice if they had more flair when IDed so you didn't miss the fact that you had an ancient. The gold border when hovering over the item isn't enough, imo. The icon needs a border also. Making the chat name red would work as well.
Disagree -- better to let it be a surprise.
in this moment i need crafting materials... can u guys make them shiny so i can see them ?
mbe make them very shiny to pull my eyes out when they drop.
01/21/2015 06:49 AMPosted by SilverFox
Disagree -- better to let it be a surprise.
i like the surprise factor, but after IDing there should be a cool sound and particle effect on screen like a 'boom! its ancient!' kinda of graphics
The icon itself needs an Ancient label, right now you have to mouse over every item one by one.
It's tedious.
I'm surprised every time I find an ancient item. Surprised it's useless... so far anyway.
You know a game is lacking content when the only thing people have to look forward to is the element of surprise that comes from an ancient weapon...
Too much eye candy as it is.

This week has been a pain with gobkin rifts especially if character wears gemmed broken crown. Carpal tunnel x 10. Drops need to be condensed or stacked - not singles. Actually auto pickup for mats and gems would be a plus -- gems, veiled crystals, arcane dust, reusable parts.
A different icon would be nice so I do t have to ID all the trash I picked up before salvaging it.
Consume a pint of Jim Beam and you might be able to see red beams on your screen.
Last night I got my first ancient item (console) and didn't even realize it was ancient until I scrolled down to look below the flavor text.

Now, that was from Kadala not from random loot but I still think there should be something more that happens when you get an ancient, either a lightning bolt arcs from the sky (maybe only while identifying it) or some effect on your screen like when you get a plvl) - anything to make it noticeable and more interesting!
01/21/2015 06:39 AMPosted by Fizzmopper
Please make ancient drops be red beams from the sky! Or some other color! It would be very epic to see a new beam every once and a while :)

Thanks.

Also, I'd like to see gems with a beam of the same color, but only about 2 yards high!

Steve Austin
considering ive already salvaged many ancient items i dont really see them any differently from a regular legendary aside from them having higher mainstat.