people still play?

General Discussion
haven't play in months, are you guys still just endless running rifts or something, how is it still interesting by this point considering the impossibility of reaching rift level 100 with current gear, it's like a carrot on the stick type game
We are hoping for a better tomorrow.
The real question is, why do roses have thorns?
Of course they do, new patch hit.

2.1.2 brought in ancient carrots. All pre 2.1.2 gear is more or less obsolete, especially weapons.

2.2 can brign in demonic carrots with 10% more stats and so on.

People love higher numbers as long as their number of days last as living creature. Then when they run out of days will realize how pointless is grinding in an infinite system for the sake of grinding :D

But seriously some real content should be put in the game which needs that gear actually.

All Act bosses at once on T20 pwr lvl for example - call the zone > Hellforge

Make 10000 hellforge drops craft a special Red uber weapon. At least there would be some remotely useful content to use the gear for.

Current players are nothing but hamsters in a wheel spinning in the same place.
01/21/2015 08:07 PMPosted by shadey
haven't play in months, are you guys still just endless running rifts or something, how is it still interesting by this point considering the impossibility of reaching rift level 100 with current gear, it's like a carrot on the stick type game

What game are you currently playing that isn't Diablo so that I can break it down to its most basic level and ask you why you're playing such an uninteresting game?
personally, i'm looking to replace all my gear with ancients, running keywardens to make amulets, hunting down goblin packs, running act 1 bounties to replace my rorg with an ancient one, and switching it up to keep myself on my toes. mostly have played 2.1.2 on xb1, but installed the patch yesterday and am still enjoying pc thoroughly. console got a little stagnant as my gear is ok, although no ancient gear yet. to each their own. if you don't like the item hunt or the monster slaying, diablo is obviously not for you
01/21/2015 08:07 PMPosted by shadey

People still post about meaningless things after quitting the game? How does it interest you if you have quitted the game? Want a feel why not jump on to the game and decide yourself? Its like fried asparagus type post.
Lost interest after getting my main into Torrent. Returned briefly to see the end of season..

Yup, very casual player by d3 standards
I will admit the continued lag does make it difficult to continue playing. It was better for a while, but I just got kicked out of a solo game on account of high latency once again.
I have a Diablo 3 meter that needs to be filled every couple days. I get the Diablo 3 itch, and the only way to scratch it is to play the game for a while.