So with the Marauder rebalancing...

Demon Hunter
1 2 3 5 Next
before, turrets casted any of our hatred spenders without limit. This would have been incredibly imbalanced if, say, rapid fire was included as one of our hatred spenders. But now, the turrets are limited to only casting when we do. So, is there any reason turrets still can not cast rapid fire?
Because crappy computers can't handle it.

You'd be surprised how many cool things they can't do because their hands are tied by the 'minimum system requirements' listed on the box.
You answered your own question OP. In case u didn't notice it, the answer is RF is not classified as hatred spender
02/05/2015 11:27 AMPosted by ZaPLaS
You answered your own question OP. In case u didn't notice it, the answer is RF is not classified as hatred spender
that's interesting considering it does, in fact, spend hatred...

anyway, I said before the change it would have been OP. But now it is after the change, so would it still be? I dunno.
It is a hatred spender, but it is additionally a channeled skill. It the only one the DH has and I haven't been able to find any documentation that states channeled skills aren't considered spenders. All other skills from the DH's Secondary category work with M6. It makes sense why previously Rapid Fire wouldn't have worked, but given the change to the playstyle I can see where the OP is coming from. A Wohjanni Assaulter with 5 turrets out? That sounds like fun to me.
02/05/2015 11:35 AMPosted by Lupo
It is a hatred spender, but it is additionally a channeled skill. It the only one the DH has and I haven't been able to find any documentation that states channeled skills aren't considered spenders. All other skills from the DH's Secondary category work with M6. It makes sense why previously Rapid Fire wouldn't have worked, but given the change to the playstyle I can see where the OP is coming from. A Wohjanni Assaulter with 5 turrets out? That sounds like fun to me.
yeah, having a Wohjanni, admittedly this post is completely out of self-interest...
Rather than adding spenders like Rapid Fire or Strafe to an existing set, we'd like to take the opportunity to introduce new items that complement those skills. We want to give you more options outside of the Embodiment of the Marauder set.

While we don't have plans to share regarding those particular skills at this time, we do look at data for skills that are less used and feedback on which skills players would like to use more frequently. That information often impacts the design of future items.
02/05/2015 11:55 AMPosted by Nevalistis
Rather than adding spenders like Rapid Fire or Strafe to an existing set, we'd like to take the opportunity to introduce new items that complement those skills. We want to give you more options outside of the Embodiment of the Marauder set.

While we don't have plans to share regarding those particular skills at this time, we do look at data for skills that are less used and feedback on which skills players would like to use more frequently. That information often impacts the design of future items.

Awesome! More build options are totally welcome!

aww, that's not fair. I only 'just' started playing with the Marauder's set. Don't let it go out of fashion quite yet :-(

but if you are looking for un-used skills, can I recommend Ray of Frost: Sleet storm get first look? That or Arcane Torrent: Death Blossom.

Galvanizing Ward isn't so great either, though...

can anyone tell I'm biased towards wizards?

Also, do people actually use strafe? Why?

Before 2016?

Thanks for hopping in and giving feedback. It would be awesome to see strafe and rapid fire get a boost outside of M6. I always liked Rapid Fire as a skill, just couldn't ever seem to be effective while using it.

You should make a set that gives you a bonus when you have more than one resource spender in your skill bar.
Currently I'm playing a DH with Cluster Arrow, Fan of Knives & Rapid Fire.
Since we are talking about the M6 rebuild, why do the sentries I put down on the same screen as the mob with no LoS issues not fire at times, but the sentries 4 screens back fire just fine? It would be really nice if the sentries fired what you fire no matter if there is a target or not. Heck, if there isn't a target, have them fire the ability due north or whatever. With maelstrom rockets and ballistics rockets flying around everywhere, I lose a lot of damage when my sentries don't feel like actually casting the spender I spent. Too bad you can see the mob, but it is just off the screen. Thanks for using 20 hatred to put down the sentry and another 40 hatred on cluster arrow all to have it not fire from the sentry.
We want to give you more options outside of the Embodiment of the Marauder set.

Haha... oh the irony.

- You nerfed FoK even though it was never an issue.
- You nerfed the speed (and hence usability) of spike traps
- You nerfed Helltrapper, effectively capping DW damage at about 70% of 2H/Rucksack.
- Chains of Torment is like the step-step child you chose to leave in the basement.
- You buffed monk TR but forgot about strafe/RF
- Impale remains one of the least usable spenders in the game from all perspectives.
- You gave us a long CD cooldown that does poop in terms of both survival and dps.
- You balanced spenders to cap out around T6 to GR35 even with supporting gear
- Ballistics craps on all our passives and Smoke Screen craps on every other defensive.

But hey, we have M6, so we win.So I guess we just... wait?

You could have just given us a band-aid by making M6 compatible with all spenders first, and think long-term philosophy later with sweeping changes. But no. Somewhere, somehow, you believe waiting 3months-6months should be acceptable to the end-user.
future items.

Future items? As in.. 6months from now when the next big patch hits?

That's a bit slow tbh. I know we're not paying for the post-content development, but we've paid twice now for a game that got gradually worse as time moves on.

Will you release 100 000 different sets to allow as much build diversity as "balancing all the skills but not selecting a few skills to be buffed by sets" would achieve?
02/05/2015 12:15 PMPosted by Frostraven

Will you release 100 000 different sets to allow as much build diversity as "balancing all the skills but not selecting a few skills to be buffed by sets" would achieve?

You forgot the catch - No stash space.
Wohjanni Assaulter was a decent legendary item to help rapid fire. Unfortunately, one single item does not make a build, so rapid fire is still absolute garbage, capable of only clearing T4 and below.

Rapid Fire could use a lot more love. It's weakness is really AoE, so why not make a quiver that forks the stream, while maintaining the same damage per stream? Perhaps also add a helm that then allows Rapid Fire to piece through all enemies?

At least in that case I could see rapid fire able to deal with T6.

So, is this going to happen before 2016?

Will there be anything for sens...chains of torment?
This for me is the best DH skill, along with its tactics play style.

Monk-innas set
2-sets 500 dex 2.5 spirit regen.
3-sets reduce the cost of sw 70
4-sets all 4 mantras
5-sets all 4 clones

Innas belt-10-15%holy dam
Innas pants-7-9% atk plus 1-2%crit chance
Innas weapon- add 1clone.
Thx