Screw Lightning Build ;)

Monk
Exploding Palm + Impending Doom

Explodes for 6,300% weapon dmg if the monster dies under its affect.
Not to mention, Exploding Palm is affected by set affect.
Not to mention, I was using armor that buffed lightning stats while testing it...

I crit champs and elites with the explosion from the skill for over 1 BILLION damage.
Normal mobs get crit for 850 - 980 million dmg.

FOR EACH monster affected in the area.
Just ate threw grift 30 like a fat !@# and taco bell.
Crit the girft guardian for over 2 bil off his summoned minions. Huge damage.

All this with no +cold dmg%.

I wanna see some stats for what it would be with cold % + :P
Mix that with Flurry and a Furnace and you're looking at 8 Bil crits. Madstone + furnace + impending doom = clearing some space
Yeah, I'll say. I think impending doom / cold monk might over take lightning.

I actually have furnace on, I just need cold dmg+ on my gear, I was doing lightning before.
My highest GR is with Flurry/Impending Doom.
02/01/2015 02:44 PMPosted by onix

To be honest, sunwuko-anything will beat GR30.
02/01/2015 04:12 PMPosted by kozikuru
02/01/2015 02:44 PMPosted by onix

Yeap, it's true. I just tried CDR build (Not yet Perma-Serenity) and weapons without gift yet, and still managed to GR 35 easily. If i can make perma serenity, I wouldnt get one-shotted by Blighter in GR36 last night.
02/01/2015 07:45 PMPosted by sever
02/01/2015 04:12 PMPosted by kozikuru

Yeap, it's true. I just tried CDR build (Not yet Perma-Serenity) and weapons without gift yet, and still managed to GR 35 easily. If i can make perma serenity, I wouldnt get one-shotted by Blighter in GR36 last night.

That guy is mfer for melee monk of any type. He's pretty easy with firebells but he hits hard for lightning in upper 30s lower 40s grifts.
Lightning is better since Pillar of the Ancients for WoL is much better and the lightning EP applies 2 EP so it's 2400% bleed and 5540% explosion so 7940% total weapon damage per cast.
Unless something changes, Cold is 3 GR levels BELOW Lightning at the Top of the GR charts, while at the low end (T6) Lightning EP is much much better than Cold EP gungdo gear or not. Perma Epiphany is the fastest way to go in T6!