Characters removed from leader boards?

General Discussion
I was just looking at the Grift leader boards for DH and yesterday I was #4 and now I am #3? I was also #9 when they reset and now I am #5. I haven't played so there is no way I could have improved my position.

Did Blizzard remove banned players (did they actually ban people?) from the leader boards?
the homie bro do you know how to yolo at rank 1 though
I just checked the leaderboards. That actually looks like the case.
People are saying that there was a bot ban last night and the cheaters (and their cheated high scores) were removed.
im surprised they removed some people
02/06/2015 02:42 PMPosted by timnor

If they botted then its means that they cheated. Its only fair for them to be removed from the leaderboards. Why should someone who cheated be allowed to stay on top even after they get banned? It wouldnt make any sense.

This game is all about RNG and by botting your removing the RNG aspect to reach high in the leaderboards. This means that your cheating. What blizzard did was fair for everyone.
02/06/2015 02:42 PMPosted by timnor

What do you mean by "Some" people. Do you mean everyone or did you think some would be spared for some reason?
Some of the shifts you may be seeing on leaderboards are a direct result of a recent ban wave issued for cheating.

Players that were found to be in violation were removed from the leaderboards and other rankings have been adjusted appropriately as a result. This means your ranking may have increased if someone ranked above you was removed from the leaderboard. As we move forward to future seasons and eras, we'll be continuing to monitor for such behavior and take appropriate action, though we may not always message when such ban waves occur.
02/09/2015 01:56 PMPosted by Nevalistis
Some of the shifts you may be seeing on leaderboards are a direct result of a recent ban wave issued for cheating.

Players that were found to be in violation were removed from the leaderboards and other rankings have been adjusted appropriately as a result. This means your ranking may have increased if someone ranked above you was removed from the leaderboard. As we move forward to future seasons and eras, we'll be continuing to monitor for such behavior and take appropriate action, though we may not always message when such ban waves occur.

Sometimes, I wish we could +1 community manager posts..
Side-note, I'm happy to see that cheaters are being punished appropriately for their ill-gotten gains.
Especially multiplayer got hit hard, funny though, that only the team members banned got removed, those achieving the results with them are still listed ^^

anyhow, good job Blizz!
Good news.

FYI, there are survivors (those who botted and dodged the wave).

Still, it's progress. Need to ride the momentum.
02/09/2015 02:06 PMPosted by Jaetch
Good news.

FYI, there are survivors (those who botted and dodged the wave).

Great news indeed...you are correct though, some were missed, especially THUD users.
Woo-hoo! :D
hopefully it continues as there are still lots of botters out there. after this last wave I checked a cpl forums for the botting guys and one was fairly active with ban reports, the other not so much. hopefully blizz gets the detection of the other bot down.
then give every one a hart attack and start banning for THUD
I guess this means Blizzard either can't detect T-Hud, or they don't care about it.
if they don't care they should say so. it is against the sprit of fair play same as botting .
02/09/2015 02:34 PMPosted by Havgin
hopefully it continues as there are still lots of botters out there. after this last wave I checked a cpl forums for the botting guys and one was fairly active with ban reports, the other not so much. hopefully blizz gets the detection of the other bot down.
then give every one a hart attack and start banning for THUD

is thud the map hack? I have to say that i'm glad botters are being banned. It's totally unfair to use a cheat and be listed on the leaderboards. I wish there was a way to ban them all.
+1 for banning botters. I only wish they were more aggressive.
yes TH is the map hack among other things. cheaters gonna cheat I guess