Challenge - Bringing Da Bears back!!! (Video)

Witch Doctor
Oh yea, it's on!!!

Current Progress - GR 35

http://youtu.be/JFvznwGQlAI

I challenge all other WDs to beat my progress using some form of a Zombie Charger build.

Screenshot / Video or it never happened!!!

Lets bring the attention back to our spenders.

DA BEARS :)

Character here - http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/rockon87-1616/hero/57075637

http://www.twitch.tv/rockon8729

Note: Even though this was possible I hope that the future of Zombie Charger does not look like this. To get to GR 35 it took my Zombie Bears supporting my Fetish. Since we already have multiple ways to play a Fetish focused build we now need a spender focused build.

See: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/13244034442
Are you sure your bears deal damage? IMO fetishes give more.

Now spenders are not even for t6, sad but true. Anyway it looks great.

It would be nice to change helltooth set for a spenders bonus. Smth like Akkan+Roland combo
Neat!

Prepare your notes now about spenders for our class, as you are next up in interview. I had picked you due to your ideas to help spenders be viable in new content.

I think the synergy you have shown is great. If we expand this to potential changes in spenders, what else can be done?

Look forward to see your ideas.
02/03/2015 12:20 AMPosted by LordOfHatred

Criticizing without even watching the video...

Clearly the bears are doing way more per hit than each fetish.

Rockon,
So you think zuni set is required? I was thinking you could fit homunculus and sac provoke the pack into it, with zombie dogs final gift.
I did that some time ago...
I personally love doing that w/ lumbering bear and CoB firebats.
02/03/2015 11:41 AMPosted by MCP
Rockon,
So you think zuni set is required? I was thinking you could fit homunculus and sac provoke the pack into it, with zombie dogs final gift.

That is something I am going to look into tonight. I have a few concerns though:

1. Dogs provide a nice amount of LoH. Since ZC does not proc LoH very well you need healing from somewhere. Maybe Final Gift would be enough...further testing needed.

2. Not using Zuni means that you could be hosed if you die with FA on CD....could just not die haha

3. Sacrifice may feel a bit awkward since I need to continuously be casting ZC to keep the gem stacks and FA to keep mobs locked down.

I will try tonight.
Oh man...my phone made that look terrible...will fix later.
Awesome! Now i just need to level Taeguk :-)
Also noted:
You'd have to get rid of spirit walk to have both final gift and sacrifice.
02/03/2015 12:51 PMPosted by MCP
Also noted:You'd have to get rid of spirit walk to have both final gift and sacrifice.

replace PTV w/ circle of life, and replace dog summon with dog sacrifice, get a dog hom mojo, then u can keep SW and get higher dmg per mana spend (I think)
02/03/2015 01:56 PMPosted by Luffy
02/03/2015 12:51 PMPosted by MCP
Also noted:You'd have to get rid of spirit walk to have both final gift and sacrifice.

replace PTV w/ circle of life, and replace dog summon with dog sacrifice, get a dog hom mojo, then u can keep SW and get higher dmg per mana spend (I think)

He'd have to replace his Unity with a Zuni to keep the set then :(
Yea, one of those necessary evils that Unity.
Rockon,

So I just tried it out and like I thought it was kinda clunky. If you remember old school VQ (Keep four CDs on CD to get mana regen)...that is what it feels like.

You have 4 skills you need to keep on CD at almost all times:

Sacrifice (Not a CD but you should keep it up)
Zombie Dogs
Fetish Army (Since no 4 piece Zuni)
Horrify

Not to mention you also need to keep Taeguk up to max stats.

It is alot to manage but it could be done.

See the updated profile: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/rockon87-1616/hero/57075637

I added on Fetish Sycophants in place of PtV. Zombie Bears don't proc the max amount of fetish but I did have 9 up at one point.

I don't think this has ever been said...but I need more Attack Speed for my Bears build haha.

Edit: Don't worry about the Poison Dart on my Homunculus....just rerolled for ZC %
BEARS!
RAKI!!!
02/03/2015 12:20 AMPosted by LordOfHatred

Criticizing without even watching the video...

Clearly the bears are doing way more per hit than each fetish.

Rockon,

Ok. Bears crits - 15kk, fetishes - 22kk.
You're right. 3 bears do more damage than 1 fetish. Oh, they pierce, but still

There's no point to argue about that. I would play spenders, if they could do something more than t1 (I did it in start of ROS). Pure bears/bats build (no smk and fetishes to do damage, only 2h) like it was in 1.0.8 is just a dream and nostalgia.

If blizzard would make some changes to helltooth set for spenders it would be nice, but now spenders are only awesomely looking, without any damage.

I'm not telling you that your idea is bad or smth about your video, but now spenders are too weak to be considered as dps skills
02/03/2015 10:36 PMPosted by LordOfHatred

There's no point to argue about that. I would play spenders, if they could do something more than t1

All of this....makes no sense.

T6 = ~GR 30ish and the video is GR 35.

The build uses Fetishes in a support role to bring down the CD of BBV for mana regen and also provide a meat shield. They just so happen to get buffed by Taeguk as you spam bears....1 hand washes the other.

If you actually like the WD class then come up with some ideas for our spenders instead of bringing all this negativity.

I'm not telling you that your idea is bad or smth about your video, but now spenders are too weak to be considered as dps skills

Yea you're absolutely right. I got the numbers backwards. And yes, spenders need a huge buff.

Taeguk with bears makes fetishes hit harder, so the build has that going for it...

I dunno how high in GRs a standard 2hander bears will make it.
02/03/2015 11:29 PMPosted by rockon87
02/03/2015 10:36 PMPosted by LordOfHatred

There's no point to argue about that. I would play spenders, if they could do something more than t1

All of this....makes no sense.

T6 = ~GR 30ish and the video is GR 35.

The build uses Fetishes in a support role to bring down the CD of BBV for mana regen and also provide a meat shield. They just so happen to get buffed by Taeguk as you spam bears....1 hand washes the other.

If you actually like the WD class then come up with some ideas for our spenders instead of bringing all this negativity.

There is only one idea, that can make spenders worthy and comparative to dots/summons. This idea - rework helltooth set. It should give bonuses to spenders damage (like Roland or marauder) and give bonus to spenders cost (like Akkan).
If there's no damage and high mana cost - there's no sense in spenders
Also there must be something like mask or mojo to boost spenders.
No charger skill dmg on mask, not doing it right. :P

Nice challenge also, think I'll have a crack at it. Still got pieces in stash for when I play around with bears. Already have a 40+ rank Taeguk set to go as well. :)