Tavern talk recap

General Discussion
Prev 1 9 10 11 15 Next
are you insinuating playing diablo 3 is masochistic?

you may be right
02/11/2015 10:00 AMPosted by Syncronized
to Staff of Diablo pls do something to the Grift is too over no Fair and unbalance to player went Grift in key 38++ once we go in immediately RIP damn it 4 or 5 group of the fxxking elite with the bloody fxxking amry strike to you , u have 0% to hit back even 1 skill also can't apply with the narrow Space areas 500++ paragon 3 DH and 1 wizard immendiately RIP how to Grift like this wasting player time come to the end only got 3 time of chance to upgrading GEM yet still depend on how many % u have , staff of diablo is this the way you all ( Maltreatment ) your's player??

Woah, dude o_O

Translation:
Dear devs,
I feel the way Grifts are currently designed leaves room for improvement.
When I am pushing high level rifts with my friends we find that packs spawning too close to the entrance starts you off on an unfair footing. Additionally, unavoidable damage leaves us, I feel, with no chance of victory, even being relatively experienced in the game at over 500 Paragon levels. We all play casters, you see, and without the ability to use skill to evade we a doomed from the get go. We also feel forced to play at this level of difficulty due to my current desire to level up my legendary gems.
I feel you have not treated me fairly with this current design, as well as others.
Hugs and Kisses,
Synchronized
02/10/2015 05:28 PMPosted by Tyvalir
Hey guys, I don't want to put a damper on the discussion here (since I like hearing ideas for how we can improve our livestreams). I do want to point out some info we shared prior to the event, though, so folks can better plan their questions for next time.

The purpose of this Tavern Talk was to highlight a single topic, and answer questions around that topic. This time, our topic was Seasons with an emphasis on Season 2 (as mentioned in our [url="http://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/17635814"]blog post[/url]). While a lot of other good questions were asked, many of these fell outside the scope of this livestream.

That said, maybe there's a case for other types of livestreams where the focus is less narrow. I'd be interested to hear your ideas of what types of livestreams you all would like to see, and what other topics you'd like us to focus on in future Tavern Talks. :)

Or, when you post a blue post a few days before a tavern talk and EVERYONE is telling you they don't care much about seasons, your guys should have dropped that almost entirely from the discussion. Oh, that's right, the dev's media handlers didn't have enough time to craft the new talking points for a more open and honest discussion.

What they have also done is refused to implement COMMON SENSE fixes that have overwhelming support and no technological limitation preventing them, namely the blood shard cap. More stash space and a UI and auto pickup for mats is also a common sense fix that is widely supported and should ALREADY be implemented. So get on it already and dispense with the laughable justifications for not giving players what they want.
Tavern Talk - i ,as a player, expected some cool announcements that actually benefit players, not a "well maybe ...lets see ...not on topic ...wrong question ...in OUR point of view" stream that actually helped no one, sorted zero major problems out, but more felt like a big "Hi players, we know we have nothing good for you at all, so lets stretch the time with some pointless topics" debate.

This company did much better, not so many years ago - bring back the quality and fascination, this game actually lacks both of them.
Here's the link to their Tavern Talk: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z6Jc5la3f1U

@1:55 Travis whatever (a game designer) admits to playing the monk for season 1 AND I QUOTE, "I started a monk, which I never played before."

ROFL GG this game.
well they said they fixed stacks of mats into bigger stacks so wouldn't take 1 hours to pick up, sorry but that is total rubbish just found 2 green goblins and everything was all singles apart from the odd stack which was around 4-5 in each stack, in total i ended up picking up 109 blue and 224 yellow so in all i still had to click around 100+ times just to pick everything up, yet according to them this is FUN. hum, no it isn't its flat out boring.
02/11/2015 10:15 AMPosted by ApacheMaster
02/11/2015 10:00 AMPosted by Syncronized
to Staff of Diablo pls do something to the Grift is too over no Fair and unbalance to player went Grift in key 38++ once we go in immediately RIP damn it 4 or 5 group of the fxxking elite with the bloody fxxking amry strike to you , u have 0% to hit back even 1 skill also can't apply with the narrow Space areas 500++ paragon 3 DH and 1 wizard immendiately RIP how to Grift like this wasting player time come to the end only got 3 time of chance to upgrading GEM yet still depend on how many % u have , staff of diablo is this the way you all ( Maltreatment ) your's player??

Woah, dude o_O

Translation:
Dear devs,
I feel the way Grifts are currently designed leaves room for improvement.
When I am pushing high level rifts with my friends we find that packs spawning too close to the entrance starts you off on an unfair footing. Additionally, unavoidable damage leaves us, I feel, with no chance of victory, even being relatively experienced in the game at over 500 Paragon levels. We all play casters, you see, and without the ability to use skill to evade we a doomed from the get go. We also feel forced to play at this level of difficulty due to my current desire to level up my legendary gems.
I feel you have not treated me fairly with this current design, as well as others.
Hugs and Kisses,
Synchronized

this wins all of the things in my heart. For so many reasons.
02/10/2015 07:06 PMPosted by Selkies
do you know how rude it is to come to the forum and pretend like you dont know what the community wants to discuss with the developers.

They more than know how they treat the D3 community.
Our "community managers" blissfully continue to post with their animated diablo 3 avatars while the players continue on with beta placeholders. Popping into threads for nothing more than to see if the discussion has gotten heated enough for them to flimsily justify locking it or offer-up a response that dose nothing but highlight their ignorance/incompetence/arrogance over the actual issues players post about on a daily basis.

They know.
Why were no serious issues discussed? Like most of us don't even have seasons as top priority of all the things thats wrong with this game. You guys were supposed to be hired to listen and implement strategies to make the game fun, enjoyable, and meaningful, not waste our time by giving us excuse after excuse of why something cannot be done.

Get on with doing what the playerbase wants Blizz.

If the fundamental basis of this game were fixed, then we won't complain as much:

Blood shard cap
Auto Pickup of materials
Increased stash space
more itemization (Let's play a legendary game 1 and 2)
More build diversity
More meaning to adventure mode
Grift trials, new items, the CUBE!
exploits in seasons cuz Adventure Mode is not locked until you defeat Malthael
Kadala's loot
the RNG factor which is totally random and ruins player build diversity on higher paragon levels

It is very simple logic. Oh wait - Blizz avoids serious discussion because we have no idea what Blizz is planning to do about Diablo.
02/10/2015 05:43 PMPosted by HolyDiver
02/10/2015 05:28 PMPosted by Tyvalir
Hey guys, I don't want to put a damper on the discussion here (since I like hearing ideas for how we can improve our livestreams). I do want to point out some info we shared prior to the event, though, so folks can better plan their questions for next time.

The purpose of this Tavern Talk was to highlight a single topic, and answer questions around that topic. This time, our topic was Seasons with an emphasis on Season 2 (as mentioned in our [url="http://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/17635814"]blog post[/url]). While a lot of other good questions were asked, many of these fell outside the scope of this livestream.

That said, maybe there's a case for other types of livestreams where the focus is less narrow. I'd be interested to hear your ideas of what types of livestreams you all would like to see, and what other topics you'd like us to focus on in future Tavern Talks. :)

You guys need to STOP doing this. Ignoring the most important topic is the wrong thing to do.
There's a huge elephant in the room. Adress it shorty (even if it means saying that it would be mentioned in later streams) and move on.

So blizzard decide to do the absolutely wrong thing of completely ignoring it.
Way.
To.
Go.

I totally agree with you on this , blizzard always try to ignored the most important problems and try to fix all the minor tiny problem first
the cure for all that ails you -PoE.

amiright?
02/10/2015 06:28 PMPosted by JadeHand
If you want something like tavern talk to be successful, then I would humbly recommend a format where your customers are heard.

Here is a simple format which I have seen work elsewhere.
A) announce several hours (if not days) prior to the event that you will have the event.
B) accept questions from the community, likely in the thread where you announced the event.
C) encourage posters to be calm and polite with their question if they expect them to have a response, and encourage other posters/readers to "upvote" questions which they would like to see/hear a response to.
D) close the thread a few hours before the event, order the questions with the most "upvotes/likes"
E) submit those questions to the panel/speaker for responses.

It may surprise you to find out what the community is most interested in hearing about or seeing changes to.

Unanswered questions can be submitted to future installments, repeated questions (previously answered) can be directed to the previous answer and be informed if anything has changed.

Thanks for keeping the conversation constructive, and sharing your ideas in an easy-to-understand way, JadeHand. It makes it easy to pass them on!

The process you described is pretty much exactly what we follow, excluding perhaps the "upvote" recommendation. If you have additional ideas for how we can improve our livestreams, I hope you'll keep sharing them (and that includes everyone reading along)! :)
02/11/2015 09:16 AMPosted by ApacheMaster
Drothvader! I'm a big fan of your threads, man :) the ones I've seen.

All that being said, now is not the time to tell people to calm down. They will just downvote you and get more angry that people expect them to be calm. It accomplishes nothing.

Let them downvote me. I don't care whether my opinion is popular or not, but I know a lot of these people that people are flipping out on and that makes me angry. These are very reasonable people that just need a convincing argument to change their mind.

So much more can be accomplished when people work together to come to a mutual agreement. Shouting matches just lead to less involvement from the team and what I want is more community engagement.

If you made a solid attempt to interact with the community and you were treated this way, would you have any real desire to interact with them in the future? I barely want to participate in discussion here, I can't imagine the devs/CM's would.
02/11/2015 03:21 PMPosted by Drothvader
I don't care whether my opinion is popular or not, but I know a lot of these people that people are flipping out on and that makes me angry. These are very reasonable people that just need a convincing argument to change their mind.

The problem is that we're not seeing evidence of that. It's great that you have a personal line of communication with them, but the rest of the community doesn't -- and if the devs don't communicate with the rest of us at all, then it doesn't matter how reasonable they might seem to you in private. What matters is what they do that the community can see. It's not rocket science, it's PR 101.
02/11/2015 03:11 PMPosted by Tyvalir
02/10/2015 06:28 PMPosted by JadeHand
If you want something like tavern talk to be successful, then I would humbly recommend a format where your customers are heard.

Here is a simple format which I have seen work elsewhere.
A) announce several hours (if not days) prior to the event that you will have the event.
B) accept questions from the community, likely in the thread where you announced the event.
C) encourage posters to be calm and polite with their question if they expect them to have a response, and encourage other posters/readers to "upvote" questions which they would like to see/hear a response to.
D) close the thread a few hours before the event, order the questions with the most "upvotes/likes"
E) submit those questions to the panel/speaker for responses.

It may surprise you to find out what the community is most interested in hearing about or seeing changes to.

Unanswered questions can be submitted to future installments, repeated questions (previously answered) can be directed to the previous answer and be informed if anything has changed.

Thanks for keeping the conversation constructive, and sharing your ideas in an easy-to-understand way, JadeHand. It makes it easy to pass them on!

The process you described is pretty much exactly what we follow, excluding perhaps the "upvote" recommendation. If you have additional ideas for how we can improve our livestreams, I hope you'll keep sharing them (and that includes everyone reading along)! :)

Yes, please have someone else choose which of those questions get asked, whoever chose the latest Q&A questions is probably really good at something else instead.

Thank you Tyv for trying to learn about your player base & the issues that are important to us, this may have been something you looked into prior to the Q&A, but better late than never.

I thought you guys had learned this already from this latest blizzcon, but if it simply took just one more Q&A for you to finally understand, I say forgive & forget!
02/11/2015 08:39 AMPosted by Drothvader
Exactly. I remember a time when this team wouldn't even talk about the design of this game and now that they're talking about it people want to hang them.

Actually, I haven't seen much difference between then and now. Then you had "Ask the Devs" and it got more or less shut down for the EXACT SAME REASONS this is getting lambasted currently.

Voicing your objections in a calm and civil manner will at least allow you to be taken seriously.

Taken seriously, and "seriously" ignored as usual.

Standards in communication need to be upheld on BOTH SIDES of a discussion, else this happens. I think people "give a crap" meter has officially hit zero.

Nobody wants to listen to people that insult them.

Cool, next time I do a job poorly, I'll let MY boss know such and leave the room while my performance is being reviewed.

02/11/2015 10:32 AMPosted by DOOM
Or, when you post a blue post a few days before a tavern talk and EVERYONE is telling you they don't care much about seasons, your guys should have dropped that almost entirely from the discussion. Oh, that's right, the dev's media handlers didn't have enough time to craft the new talking points for a more open and honest discussion.

This. All that needs to be said.

02/11/2015 03:21 PMPosted by Drothvader
If you made a solid attempt to interact with the community

The antecedent is false, thus your conclusive hypothetical question is satisfied only vacuously.
02/10/2015 07:14 PMPosted by Sÿlak
How many times must you be told? Don't you read the threads? If you play the game, can't you come up with your own concerns to hand over to the development team?

We actually read lots of threads, and the developers do, too (in fact, Travis Day mentioned during the livestream (at 49:25) that he's been poring over the ideas in this thread and others like it to get ideas for future Legendary items).

For clarity, we have separate processes for collecting feedback on what content players want to see in blog posts, versus what they want to see in videos and livestreams, versus features or changes they want in the game. Often times, we'll focus in on feedback in one of these areas by asking questions or encouraging discussion - sort of like "Focused Feedback" threads we post during patch testing, but for other types of content.

No matter what, I hope you won't mistake our answering questions around specific topics as a sign of ignoring other kinds of feedback. We are listening - sometimes we just are looking for a little additional clarity on people's ideas! :)
Do a two-part talk.

One where you select a set of questions, and the next week where you respond to the follow-up questions from those same people addressing your responses.
02/11/2015 04:39 PMPosted by Tyvalir
02/10/2015 07:14 PMPosted by Sÿlak
How many times must you be told? Don't you read the threads? If you play the game, can't you come up with your own concerns to hand over to the development team?

We actually read lots of threads, and the developers do, too (in fact, Travis Day mentioned during [url="http://www.twitch.tv/diablo/b/623026202"]the livestream[/url] (at 49:25) that he's been poring over the ideas in [url="http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/16200660178?page=1"]this thread[/url] and others like it to get ideas for future Legendary items).

We actually have separate processes for collecting feedback on what content players want to see in blog posts, versus videos and livestreams, versus collecting feedback for the development team on the features players want in the game. Sort of like "Focused Feedback" threads during patch testing, but for content.

No matter what, I hope you won't mistake our answering questions around specific topics as a sign of ignoring other kinds of feedback. We are listening - sometimes we just are looking for a little additional clarity on people's ideas! :)

Suggesting cool effects is irrelevant if the skill itself doesn't do enough damage.

There was some "cool" bracers in PTR (I haven't actually played it) --- Energy Twister pulling in monsters. Well, in reality, it's terrible because:

ET doesn't do enough damage (AKA no set supporting ET)
Frequency of Pull is not good enough (if it's not remarkable, people are going to stick with existing items)
Cannot pull larger mobs and useless against Rift Guardian (enemies that cannot be pulled should still be affected to some extend... perhaps they should be slowed down which would still help proc BotT).
If the devs would make STORY MODE relevant again, add RANDOM quests (not bounties, that's just lame rehashed content), add RANDOM events (like Ubers appearing randomly), give us SOME way to TARGET drops (even a progressive chance increase, based on completing events, etc), and give us 2-3 NEW SETS (1 4pc and 1 6pc) PER CLASS, it's go a LONG way to fixing the CORE issues!