Tavern talk recap

General Discussion
Prev 1 11 12 13 15 Next
02/11/2015 10:10 PMPosted by Alaion
ApacheMaster I loved your posts and they made me happy.

<3
02/12/2015 03:27 AMPosted by Tigerwong
02/10/2015 05:28 PMPosted by Tyvalir
Hey guys, I don't want to put a damper on the discussion here (since I like hearing ideas for how we can improve our livestreams). I do want to point out some info we shared prior to the event, though, so folks can better plan their questions for next time.

The purpose of this Tavern Talk was to highlight a single topic, and answer questions around that topic. This time, our topic was Seasons with an emphasis on Season 2 (as mentioned in our [url="http://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/17635814"]blog post[/url]). While a lot of other good questions were asked, many of these fell outside the scope of this livestream.

That said, maybe there's a case for other types of livestreams where the focus is less narrow. I'd be interested to hear your ideas of what types of livestreams you all would like to see, and what other topics you'd like us to focus on in future Tavern Talks. :)

Make a poll to choose the topic first next time. Your wasting you're time, our time, everyone's time.

Remember the Diablo community isn't looking to d3 a game they play only when they're bored w/ Wow. The community wants a great Diablo, do the dev's?
Is this the Tavern-Talk people talk about so much?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DMKUMriSHZA&feature=youtu.be
We actually read lots of threads, and the developers do, too (in fact, Travis Day mentioned during the livestream (at 49:25) that he's been poring over the ideas in this thread and others like it to get ideas for future Legendary items).

We actually have separate processes for collecting feedback on what content players want to see in blog posts, versus videos and livestreams, versus collecting feedback for the development team on the features players want in the game. Sort of like "Focused Feedback" threads during patch testing, but for content.

No matter what, I hope you won't mistake our answering questions around specific topics as a sign of ignoring other kinds of feedback. We are listening - sometimes we just are looking for a little additional clarity on people's ideas! :)

You guys sure are good at talking. Tell everyone what they want to hear and yet everything seems to be swept under the rug. " Great conversation guys Ill pass this on to the dev's!". How many times have I heard this quote? You guys are great actors/puppets. Id say 99% of the feedback that is even remotely relevant and passed on to the dev's has absolutely nothing to do with the current failing game mechanics. I could imagine that any, if all feedback is completely useless garbage that is passed along, the current situation with the game proves it.
Hey guys, I don't want to put a damper on the discussion here (since I like hearing ideas for how we can improve our livestreams). I do want to point out some info we shared prior to the event, though, so folks can better plan their questions for next time.

The purpose of this Tavern Talk was to highlight a single topic, and answer questions around that topic. This time, our topic was Seasons with an emphasis on Season 2 (as mentioned in our blog post). While a lot of other good questions were asked, many of these fell outside the scope of this livestream.

That said, maybe there's a case for other types of livestreams where the focus is less narrow. I'd be interested to hear your ideas of what types of livestreams you all would like to see, and what other topics you'd like us to focus on in future Tavern Talks. :)

Are you serious? You are messing the game over and over again, implementing changes nobody asked for (goblins) while ignoring the serious issues? What were you expecting?! A talk about something, only actually 10% or 20% of the players play? Take a cold shower and wake up into the real world!
02/10/2015 01:24 PMPosted by ApacheMaster
Go DeadRU, Go!

17k posts by March, you can do it, bro!

I mean, what else can you do, right?

Actually I play WoW quite a bit, With WoD I have 10 garrisons to level

Posted by ApacheMaster
You know, I'm gonna go out on a limb here. I think DeadRu once was a bright-eyed Diablo fan. Young, optimistic, a real slayer of demons. Then, the grind got to him. Everyday it ate away at his soul. "Why is this not fun?" he would ask. What is happening to me?

Then one day he snapped! That fateful day he hit p284...

"Bah, you call this a game? Humbug! A pox I say! Why, I'll show them, I'll show them ALL!" he screamed. Probably while ripping his Abercrombie and Fitch shirt asunder. "They want me to play a game? Oh, a game I shall play, my lovelies! You will find me on nearly every thread, every topic, every damnable thing that has to do with this cursed ruse. I'll eat it up from the inside, as it has devoured the last vestige of love in me."

16,708 posts later here we are. Come back to us DeadRu. Join us. Together we could make the future of Diablo bright. No more blind defending, no more names and hate. Just let it all out man.

I find these post offensive an unwarranted
I would like to see 1hr session of Tavern Talks every week, and each week is focused on different topic. The topic will be posted 1 week prior, and the Devs can make a topic "questions for tavern talks of week x/y/z". Then follow with the up votes like Jade Hand suggested.

Last one was enjoyable, and it was focused around seasons.

I think the most popular topic that everyone wants to hear about is class balance, or Greater Rift is an appropriate method to measure class balance or not.

Or we may have tavern talks about different builds of certain class, which is directly follow up of "Play Your Way", discuss in details about different builds of certain class, and talk about how different build provoke different play styles. Compare the pro and cons of each build.
02/12/2015 09:06 AMPosted by CrniVuk
Is this the Tavern-Talk people talk about so much?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DMKUMriSHZA&feature=youtu.be

I had a feeling someone would post this eventually in a TT thread ^^
When the core of the game is fixed, I mean class-balancing, and even skill-balancing within a class, seasons will also benefit from it. I don't feel the need to explain class-balancing as the community has been talking about DH vs WIZ quite enough, you should already be aware of that. As of skill-balancing within a class, just look at the Demon Hunter and the Marauder set. Why would anyone in their right mind try to create a build around, say, Fan Of Knives or Spike Traps, when they have the possibility to increase their spenders' damage by 500% via M6? Alright, you're giving us a Multishot set, but what about Impale, Rapid Fire, Spike Traps, Strafe, Vengeance?

I'm also talking about the lack of choice. We are being pidgeon-holed into playing whatever the multiple layers of RNG will allow us to. I remember the excitement when, before the release, devs were talking about ''Thousands upon thousands of possible builds!'', I guess they forgot to add ''Almost 2 of which are actually viable per class!''. And then again, those 2 viable options will be available to you if and only if you actually get lucky finding the very specific set of items you need.

There's no point in adding seasonal content when you can fix both seasonal and non-seasonal play at the same time by addressing core issues.
I have a friend who has a very high opinion of his opinion. If you disagree with him, his reaction is "You aren't listening." This thread is full of "you aren't listening" comments to the devs on things like blood shards, Trials, etc. The fact that the devs don't agree doesn't mean they aren't listening or haven't heard. Wait for it. It means they don't agree with you.

I thought the devs were clear about what input they found valuable, things they had considered, and the reasons they were or were not going to change something. Now, reading this thread, it's pretty clear that a lot of posters here weren't listening. The devs addressed a lot of these issues, posters just don't like the answers. Not listening and disagreeing are two different things.

I usually don't watch these things, I'd rather game than listen to devs. But I'm excited about Season 2 and I was interested to see what they had to say. I watched the first hour and didn't find it that informative, but unless it's a 60 minutes-style interview, the casual nature of the conversation is a given. What I did like was the involvement that each has with the game. They're as excited about the coming season as I am. I liked that they aren't happy with skill balance within classes and continue to look for ways to improve that. I like that they do look to the community for ideas and try to find ways to integrate them into the overall design.

I'll close by pointing out that two years ago we were all playing the auction house. Today we are playing the game. The game has changed substantially. Somebody had to stand up in the design meetings and say, "Our game sucks. Let's fix it." They essentially threw out years of development and design and started over. Is everything perfect? Nope. The game continues to evolve. To that point, I couldn't agree with Drothvader more. There are some very smart people who post some exciting ideas here, but they won't be found if they are overwhelmed by nasty attacks, forum epeening and internets whining. You are the community. You make it what it is. Think about that the next time you get your panties in a wad because blood shards are capped at 500 and the devs just don't listen.
02/12/2015 10:00 AMPosted by DeadRu
I find these post offensive an unwarranted

Oh, well, you'll be okay. You've called many people names on these forums. They all live full lives today (Except for Fred, we don't talk about Fred anymore.).

Sorry if I made you feel sad, guy. Buck up!
Will the future updated original class sets (immortal kings, tal rashsa, etc) be updated retroactively? It would be nice to know if we should collect/save ancient versions of this gear we get presently.

And for focus and restraint, how about make the set bonus -
● your resource spenders deal 200% increased damage while at full resource
● your resource generators deal 400 increased damage while not at full resource
02/12/2015 11:17 AMPosted by Toots
I have a friend who has a very high opinion of his opinion. If you disagree with him, his reaction is "You aren't listening." This thread is full of "you aren't listening" comments to the devs on things like blood shards, Trials, etc. The fact that the devs don't agree doesn't mean they aren't listening or haven't heard. Wait for it. It means they don't agree with you.

I thought the devs were clear about what input they found valuable, things they had considered, and the reasons they were or were not going to change something. Now, reading this thread, it's pretty clear that a lot of posters here weren't listening. The devs addressed a lot of these issues, posters just don't like the answers. Not listening and disagreeing are two different things.

I usually don't watch these things, I'd rather game than listen to devs. But I'm excited about Season 2 and I was interested to see what they had to say. I watched the first hour and didn't find it that informative, but unless it's a 60 minutes-style interview, the casual nature of the conversation is a given. What I did like was the involvement that each has with the game. They're as excited about the coming season as I am. I liked that they aren't happy with skill balance within classes and continue to look for ways to improve that. I like that they do look to the community for ideas and try to find ways to integrate them into the overall design.

I'll close by pointing out that two years ago we were all playing the auction house. Today we are playing the game. The game has changed substantially. Somebody had to stand up in the design meetings and say, "Our game sucks. Let's fix it." They essentially threw out years of development and design and started over. Is everything perfect? Nope. The game continues to evolve. To that point, I couldn't agree with Drothvader more. There are some very smart people who post some exciting ideas here, but they won't be found if they are overwhelmed by nasty attacks, forum epeening and internets whining. You are the community. You make it what it is. Think about that the next time you get your panties in a wad because blood shards are capped at 500 and the devs just don't listen.

This obviously isn't your game of choice, so why fault those of us who want change to a game we've put a lot of time into.

You are excited about season 2, I might be too at paragon 150. Fact is, I, like many others who are frustrated w/ the bloodshard cap limit, feel this way because we actually play the game a lot.

It's not my fault they created a real money ah, it's not my fault they had to restart a lot of what THEY implemented. They are developers, so they should be developing. Not preening for a minipatch once every six months.

This is Diablo.....not candy crush, there are WAY too many known unresolved issues for a label of this magnitude, for a fanbase that has millions & spans decades.. .
02/11/2015 04:39 PMPosted by Tyvalir
We are listening - sometimes we just are looking for a little additional clarity on people's ideas! :)

the irony being that if you dont actually POST in ppls threads about what exactly you find interest and would like clarification on then you may very well never get any clarity because ppl either

a) assume you are ignoring them
or
b) assume the idea is fine the way it is
02/10/2015 07:14 PMPosted by Sÿlak
How many times must you be told? Don't you read the threads? If you play the game, can't you come up with your own concerns to hand over to the development team?

We actually read lots of threads, and the developers do, too (in fact, Travis Day mentioned during [url="http://www.twitch.tv/diablo/b/623026202"]the livestream[/url] (at 49:25) that he's been poring over the ideas in [url="http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/16200660178?page=1"]this thread[/url] and others like it to get ideas for future Legendary items).

We actually have separate processes for collecting feedback on what content players want to see in blog posts, versus videos and livestreams, versus collecting feedback for the development team on the features players want in the game. Sort of like "Focused Feedback" threads during patch testing, but for content.

No matter what, I hope you won't mistake our answering questions around specific topics as a sign of ignoring other kinds of feedback. We are listening - sometimes we just are looking for a little additional clarity on people's ideas! :)

Paid to lie to r faces Nice.......
1. The Devs have never played this game
2. They never played D2
3. They don't care go play wow
4. GO PLAY WOW
5. HEY TAKE A BREAK GO PLAY WOW
6. #FIRE THE DEVS
02/12/2015 02:37 PMPosted by Morogoth
We are listening - sometimes we just are looking for a little additional clarity on people's ideas! :)

the irony being that if you dont actually POST in ppls threads about what exactly you find interest and would like clarification on then you may very well never get any clarity because ppl either

a) assume you are ignoring them
or
b) assume the idea is fine the way it is
This would also help cut down on useless threads with the same idea being reposted. People complain that forums do nothing but complain and whine and the place would seem a lot happier if the devs posted showing interest in certain threads regarding solutions. Until then people will continue to post ways to fix it and say that the devs never listen.

They also cant always answer things with "from a development perspective it works fine" or that its a certain way to cater to the whole playerbase when solutions that help everyone are presented in abundance. People wont be pleased if you constantly outright say no to things that get asked so frequently even if the argument is valid as to why it was made that way when enough people are asking for a change they need to atleast try to find a solution.

I havent personally followed the tavern talks or the ask the dev threads very closely but in the little bit ive seen they come across as being rather arrogant and very out of touch with what they actually should be doing in the patches.
I couldn't agree more.
I think Diablo 3 did a lot of things right, fighting hordes of demons is a lot of fun in this action packed skill and runes system. And with this the action and the fighting is a lot better than most/all similar games.
The problem with D3 is your character development. The campaign and the first rifts and bounties are a lot of fun until until u reach T2-3, where the fundamental flaws begin to become apparent. If you want to be strong in higher Torment lvl's T4-5-6 there is usually only 1 or 2 builds, some with small variations. You HAVE to have the 6-set. You need them to have optimal stats, you NEED RRoG.
I don't want to be limited by 1 build to get to end game. I want to get to end game with my own build. I want Set items to be supportive and not be the main and ONLY center of the build.
I want interesting legendary and ancient items that I found to be the center of my build, where I can build around.
I want to build around stuff I find, I don't want to be building towards the end game build the devs decided is the only end game build.

So does anyone know if blizzard is hearing this call? Or is it time to give up on it?
02/12/2015 03:55 PMPosted by chiefbigjr
I havent personally followed the tavern talks or the ask the dev threads very closely but in the little bit ive seen they come across as being rather arrogant and very out of touch with what they actually should be doing in the patches.

The irony is that past CM's have already attempted to mitigate this same ongoing issue.

Now new CM's act surprised that such a disconnect between developers & players exist, meaning either they were never informed by their cohorts, & are indeed ignorant of this games modern history, or they know full well & are simply placating us.

I believe Nev & Ty simply didn't know, & I don't blame them at all for the years we've had this ongoing problem.
Rest assured know now.
The question is, will blizz just hire a couple of new CM's again to keep this broken cycle in tact, or will ppl paid to do a job actually start doing it efficiently.
02/10/2015 07:14 PMPosted by Sÿlak
How many times must you be told? Don't you read the threads? If you play the game, can't you come up with your own concerns to hand over to the development team?

We actually read lots of threads, and the developers do, too (in fact, Travis Day mentioned during [url="http://www.twitch.tv/diablo/b/623026202"]the livestream[/url] (at 49:25) that he's been poring over the ideas in [url="http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/16200660178?page=1"]this thread[/url] and others like it to get ideas for future Legendary items).

Oh I think you guys are listening, then deciding your smarter than everyone and throwing all of our ideas out the window.