Tavern talk recap

General Discussion
Prev 1 12 13 14 15 Next
02/12/2015 11:17 AMPosted by Toots
I thought the devs were clear about what input they found valuable, things they had considered, and the reasons they were or were not going to change something. Now, reading this thread, it's pretty clear that a lot of posters here weren't listening. The devs addressed a lot of these issues, posters just don't like the answers. Not listening and disagreeing are two different things.

I didn't participate in this particular round of Q&A but as an outsider looking in, it looks like this..

"Posters" represent customers... So I suppose if you aren't interested in making your customers happy that is one way to go about running a business. :/
02/11/2015 03:11 PMPosted by Tyvalir

Thanks for keeping the conversation constructive, and sharing your ideas in an easy-to-understand way, JadeHand. It makes it easy to pass them on!

The process you described is pretty much exactly what we follow, excluding perhaps the "upvote" recommendation. If you have additional ideas for how we can improve our livestreams, I hope you'll keep sharing them (and that includes everyone reading along)! :)

The bit about upvoting is the most important, though. Often burning questions get overlooked or (hopefully not!) deliberately ignored. By letting us upvote questions the community gets a better say in what answers we get.
02/12/2015 10:28 PMPosted by Zen
By letting us upvote questions the community gets a better say in what answers we get.

They've done this before with another Q&A format:

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/7710222398

It didn't work out so well:

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/7895009644
02/12/2015 03:31 PMPosted by Ionz22

Paid to lie to r faces Nice.......
1. The Devs have never played this game

[/quote]

This comment is patently absurd. If you had watched the TT (which clearly you have not) you would have seen that all 4 participants play the game. You would have also seen their passion for it. The same thing bleeds through with each PYWT.

It is stupid comments like yours that disqualifies you from any serious consideration.
02/10/2015 05:28 PMPosted by Tyvalir
Hey guys, I don't want to put a damper on the discussion here (since I like hearing ideas for how we can improve our livestreams). I do want to point out some info we shared prior to the event, though, so folks can better plan their questions for next time.

The purpose of this Tavern Talk was to highlight a single topic, and answer questions around that topic. This time, our topic was Seasons with an emphasis on Season 2 (as mentioned in our [url="http://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/17635814"]blog post[/url]). While a lot of other good questions were asked, many of these fell outside the scope of this livestream.

That said, maybe there's a case for other types of livestreams where the focus is less narrow. I'd be interested to hear your ideas of what types of livestreams you all would like to see, and what other topics you'd like us to focus on in future Tavern Talks. :)

You guys REALLY need to post more to prevent some toxicity around here...
02/12/2015 11:54 AMPosted by ApacheMaster
02/12/2015 10:00 AMPosted by DeadRu
I find these post offensive an unwarranted

Oh, well, you'll be okay. You've called many people names on these forums. They all live full lives today (Except for Fred, we don't talk about Fred anymore.).

Sorry if I made you feel sad, guy. Buck up!

Reaqlly!

Posted by ApacheMaster
You know, I'm gonna go out on a limb here. I think DeadRu once was a bright-eyed Diablo fan. Young, optimistic, a real slayer of demons. Then, the grind got to him. Everyday it ate away at his soul. "Why is this not fun?" he would ask. What is happening to me?

Then one day he snapped! That fateful day he hit p284...

"Bah, you call this a game? Humbug! A pox I say! Why, I'll show them, I'll show them ALL!" he screamed. Probably while ripping his Abercrombie and Fitch shirt asunder. "They want me to play a game? Oh, a game I shall play, my lovelies! You will find me on nearly every thread, every topic, every damnable thing that has to do with this cursed ruse. I'll eat it up from the inside, as it has devoured the last vestige of love in me."

16,708 posts later here we are. Come back to us DeadRu. Join us. Together we could make the future of Diablo bright. No more blind defending, no more names and hate. Just let it all out man.

That is beyond name calling. Also I am very careful about calling anyone names especially over the last frw years.
02/13/2015 02:41 AMPosted by DeadRu
Reaqlly!

02/13/2015 02:41 AMPosted by DeadRu
That is beyond name calling. Also I am very careful about calling anyone names especially over the last frw years.

Nice! Add spelling to your list. By the end of 2015 you'll be a polite poster with good spelling.

DeadRu 2015 > DeadRu 2014 Seems like a sweet trend. Congrats, buddy.
02/11/2015 03:42 AMPosted by MadMegatron
02/10/2015 05:28 PMPosted by Tyvalir
Hey guys, I don't want to put a damper on the discussion here (since I like hearing ideas for how we can improve our livestreams). I do want to point out some info we shared prior to the event, though, so folks can better plan their questions for next time.

The purpose of this Tavern Talk was to highlight a single topic, and answer questions around that topic. This time, our topic was Seasons with an emphasis on Season 2 (as mentioned in our [url="http://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/17635814"]blog post[/url]). While a lot of other good questions were asked, many of these fell outside the scope of this livestream.

That said, maybe there's a case for other types of livestreams where the focus is less narrow. I'd be interested to hear your ideas of what types of livestreams you all would like to see, and what other topics you'd like us to focus on in future Tavern Talks. :)

Oh. Sorry your customers were giving you feedback. Sorry, we'll go back to being sheep now. Didn't mean to ruffle up the feathers of blizzard's pristine public relations model.

Exactly this.
02/12/2015 11:17 AMPosted by Toots
I'll close by pointing out that two years ago we were all playing the auction house. Today we are playing the game. The game has changed substantially. Somebody had to stand up in the design meetings and say, "Our game sucks. Let's fix it." They essentially threw out years of development and design and started over. Is everything perfect? Nope. The game continues to evolve. To that point, I couldn't agree with Drothvader more. There are some very smart people who post some exciting ideas here, but they won't be found if they are overwhelmed by nasty attacks, forum epeening and internets whining. You are the community. You make it what it is. Think about that the next time you get your panties in a wad because blood shards are capped at 500 and the devs just don't listen.

personally, i don't have any trouble reading vitriolic comments directed at myself because i am an adult. i expect the devs, cms and mods to behave like adults since they ARE adults as well. whether a post makes sense or not is something that should be considered, while the tone of voice has no bearing on how much sense it makes.

you make it sound as if if i say "1+1=2, you dolt, not 3. you are a terrible person, your mother is a hamster and your father smelled of elderberries." the natural reaction of people is, and should be to dismiss the fact that 1+1 definitely adds up to 2, and not 3.

the fact is, many people are starting to become toxic on this forum (and myself, i admit) simply because the devs are unable or unwilling to provide GOOD answers and rationales for their decision making.

i'll give an example.

people are demanding the bloodshard cap be increased. why? because constantly taking breaks to gamble because they have hit their limit interrupts the gameplay and feels compulsory. players also don't see why they can't just store shards up as much as they want and go on a happy-right-click spree at kadala.

sounds fair.

what the devs did was increase gambling cost and increased legendary rates from kadala.

what?

apparently they came to the conclusion that the player angst was caused by how far kadala was from the blacksmith. even though as someone humorously put, she's practically sitting in his lap in act 1.

the increase in gambling cost caused a big drop in craft mats because players were unable to gamble as many blues/yellows as before. so they made rgs drop more craft mats.

what?

i mean, what kind of explanation is that? and why such a convoluted "solution" that doesn't even solve the actual issue?

then there was radio silence on this until suddenly, during this TT, wyatt said that the cap was there so that new players will know what bloodshards are and how to use them.

WHAT?

there is this HUGE stretch of logic that makes absolutely no sense. especially when kadala sits right next to orec, the guy you have to talk to to close the rifts (where you get your shards from). seriously, a 5 year old can figure this out. meanwhile, no one still knows how the limit of bloodshards makes a new player more intuitive.

then the devs say they are aware of the concerns, agree to a certain extent, and are working on a solution.

once again, what?

good things have happened in the game and good stuff has been put in. but when the devs throw this kind of logic curveball to a long standing issue as a form of justification why nothing has been done, personally i think the vitriol is not only expected, but deserved.
A capital letter at the start of each sentence would make your post much easier to read sorry.
02/11/2015 04:39 PMPosted by Tyvalir
No matter what, I hope you won't mistake our answering questions around specific topics as a sign of ignoring other kinds of feedback. We are listening - sometimes we just are looking for a little additional clarity on people's ideas! :)

Time to put on my boots, the craps getting deep.
02/10/2015 12:31 PMPosted by schwegs
-Picking up mats, whites blues and yellows is fun/engaging

04/08/2014 11:14 AMPosted by Grimiku
We've been working on streamlining the crafting resource management system, and some of your suggestions are the kind of things we're looking at. I'm going to quote one of my previous posts about this to highlight some of that info again.

Let me preface what I’m about to say with the caveat that any changes we make to crafting material management will come sometime down the road, but we don't have a time frame to share at this point.

[quote]
  • All crafting materials would be moved to a currency-style storage in the UI. Think something similar to Blood Shards.
  • All crafting materials would become auto pickup, except for LEGENDARY crafting material. (Legendary crafting material would still be automatically stored as a currency, but players must click on it to pick it up.)
  • All crafters would pull crafting materials from this storage area for recipes.
  • Crafting materials that the player doesn’t currently own would appear in grey text with a 0 counter.
  • Players could mouse over the icons of all crafting material to get the full tooltip of the item. This includes greyed out ones.
  • Currently, we do not intend to store gems in this way because it would make socketing items feel clunky.

• http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/12427683207#3
    Its blizz you cant fix stupid. No matter how many times you tell them something, they'll just keep bashing there head in the wall. Nothing you can do about it. Its worthless to even !@#$ing try.
    We don't need to post our thoughts so you can relay them to the devs. The devs already watch the popular streamers and know enough about the state of the game. Wyatt has said previously that he has watched Alkaizer, and from watching him ... realized some changes needed to be made.

How about this - the devs agree on one popular streamer and play with them live. See how the devs keep up in one of their games. Have a discussion the entire time and answer five questions from chat after each trip back to town.

You had Modz up on stage at Blizzcon to help design the new legendary. Jump into his game. I'm sure he'd be open to doing it.

Above all - show us something. Show us that the CMs and the devs are listening to us. We see a blue post at least once a week asking us to post ideas or show what we're concerned about. As others have said already in this thread multiple times ... we have and we do. Now the ball is in your court. Show us that you have listened to us, please.

You can try and lead a developer to good ideas, but you can't navigate them around their philosophies. The crux.
    The Devs will never change, because indirectly the player base supports their decisions.

Its all about Seasons!

"Play the game for a while, then WoW and when new Season is here, play it again." Isnt that, what the Devs said and what most guys are doing? (dont care if you stop playing or play WoW, but -> season!!)

Now they will see a large player base who plays season. So all the whiners/QQ on the Tavern talk can be ignored, because people play the game like the Devs said (indirect feedback)

Boykott Seasons, then maybe they will listen..
    They are better people than I am, I'd ignore the forums all together and stick to reddit, not often but in this case it's more logical and actually has good idea. These forums are a !@#$%^-*!@, not meant for actually promoting good ideas.