Tavern talk recap

General Discussion
Prev 1 2 3 15 Next
Trading promotes third-party selling so no, trading will not come back, and auto pickup of mats leads to botting. Raising the Bloodshard limit leads to more botting.
02/10/2015 02:11 PMPosted by SirDerp
Trading promotes third-party selling so no, trading will not come back, and auto pickup of mats leads to botting. Raising the Bloodshard limit leads to more botting.

I get why you think that. It's just kinda like saying wider, better roads would cause more illegal drag racing. We can't limit the fun of honest players because botters are out there.
auto pickup of mats leads to botting. Raising the Bloodshard limit leads to more botting.

So what? Blizzard ban botters, you know that, right?
02/10/2015 01:44 PMPosted by ApacheMaster
You know, I'm gonna go out on a limb here. I think DeadRu once was a bright-eyed Diablo fan. Young, optimistic, a real slayer of demons. Then, the grind got to him. Everyday it ate away at his soul. "Why is this not fun?" he would ask. What is happening to me?

Then one day he snapped! That fateful day he hit p284...

"Bah, you call this a game? Humbug! A pox I say! Why, I'll show them, I'll show them ALL!" he screamed. Probably while ripping his Abercrombie and Fitch shirt asunder. "They want me to play a game? Oh, a game I shall play, my lovelies! You will find me on nearly every thread, every topic, every damnable thing that has to do with this cursed ruse. I'll eat it up from the inside, as it has devoured the last vestige of love in me."

16,708 posts later here we are. Come back to us DeadRu. Join us. Together we could make the future of Diablo bright. No more blind defending, no more names and hate. Just let it all out man.

Got the lols from this, gg.
02/10/2015 02:21 PMPosted by Vresiberba
auto pickup of mats leads to botting. Raising the Bloodshard limit leads to more botting.

And giving leeway features for botting leads to more botting.
02/10/2015 01:00 PMPosted by ApacheMaster
:D It made me feel so smart though :D

Saying auto-pickup will mean we don't know what we picking up is hilarious. Does anyone not check their inventory? It'll be in my inventory, Wyatt, I'll know what I picked up. The fun should not be in picking it up off the ground, it should be in using it and slaying monsters.

Short version:
Don't expect content soon

Yeah cause those potions that drop from my enemies are a good thing yeah.Even though I have a leg pot. those 4000 potions I auto pick up in my inventory are engaging More like enraging me every time I see them.
02/10/2015 02:25 PMPosted by behlial
Yeah cause those potions that drop from my enemies are a good thing yeah.Even though I have a leg pot. those 4000 potions I auto pick up in my inventory are engaging More like enraging me every time I see them.

Auto-pick up guys want an option to select what they pick up. Not to force auto-loot on everything (damn, that would suck :( it'll slow everything down too)

Mats
Potions
Gems
Magics
Rares
Legendaries

etc. etc. blah blah

Just a tab in the option menu. Leave's the choice up to the player instead of forcing everyone to play how the devs want.
02/10/2015 02:30 PMPosted by GetAJob

Condoms lead to sex, sex leads to unwanted pregnancies.

Ban Condoms.

absolutely!
02/10/2015 02:23 PMPosted by SirDerp
02/10/2015 02:21 PMPosted by Vresiberba

That's completely irrelevant when they ban them, you know.
02/10/2015 12:31 PMPosted by schwegs

-500 shards is cap so that you misunderstand RNG as best possible/manage player expectations when looking for an item
-trials are convenient/staying
-Picking up mats, whites blues and yellows is fun/engaging

[/quote]

I don't really get the hate about trials, since it's something done quite quickly, but the answer about the shards and mats make me incredulous.

Is Blizzard trying to suicide by trolling it's customer base? Or have the real devs been replaced by some guys fundamentally unable to admit the game might currently be less than perfect?
02/10/2015 02:37 PMPosted by Vresiberba

That's relevant to the increase number incidents of botting they have to take action on.
02/10/2015 02:48 PMPosted by Shadowsword
I don't really get the hate about trials, since it's something done quite quickly

Yeah, I get why it's not immediately apparent.

Later in the game (after you've got good gear), pushing for high Grift ranks becomes a slog because of them. Often players can only get, say, a rank 36 key from their trial, but they have already completed, say, rank 42. So each time they have to grind through Grifts just to get to the rank they can actually do. Then they die, trying to advance in the game, and have to start all over at good 'ol 36 again, just to taste the sweet milk of 43. Is weird, is all. Time wasting, too.
02/10/2015 03:00 PMPosted by SirDerp

That's relevant to the increase number incidents of botting they have to take action on.

Why?
On a side note, though. It was pretty entertaining.

The awkward silences.
The guerrilla wieners in chat.
"They said Wizard! LOL"
The duped questions.
That guy who kept checking out his hand.
Gungdo Gear shilling.

I had fun. I mean, a part of me died, but I still had fun :)
I thought it was stupid how they said that the particular Tavern Talk was meant to be focused on seasons and that most of the questions asked would be centered on this topic. They then asked us to comment and tweet our questions to them over the past week or so.

In the end most (all?) of the handful of the prepared questions weren't even seasons related - most of the questions came from the live chat.
02/10/2015 03:04 PMPosted by Vresiberba

Why?

Hello? Why?
02/10/2015 01:44 PMPosted by ApacheMaster
You know, I'm gonna go out on a limb here. I think DeadRu once was a bright-eyed Diablo fan. Young, optimistic, a real slayer of demons. Then, the grind got to him. Everyday it ate away at his soul. "Why is this not fun?" he would ask. What is happening to me?

Then one day he snapped! That fateful day he hit p284...

"Bah, you call this a game? Humbug! A pox I say! Why, I'll show them, I'll show them ALL!" he screamed. Probably while ripping his Abercrombie and Fitch shirt asunder. "They want me to play a game? Oh, a game I shall play, my lovelies! You will find me on nearly every thread, every topic, every damnable thing that has to do with this cursed ruse. I'll eat it up from the inside, as it has devoured the last vestige of love in me."

16,708 posts later here we are. Come back to us DeadRu. Join us. Together we could make the future of Diablo bright. No more blind defending, no more names and hate. Just let it all out man.

He said NO.
leveling all of your leg gems from scratch is fun! -wyatt
leveling your artisans from scratch is fun! -brandy