Tavern talk recap

General Discussion
Prev 1 2 3 4 15 Next
02/10/2015 02:11 PMPosted by SirDerp
Trading promotes third-party selling so no, trading will not come back, and auto pickup of mats leads to botting. Raising the Bloodshard limit leads to more botting.

Dropping randomized gear promotes botting. Remove RNG.

This slippery slope game is fun. Please, continue!
02/10/2015 01:10 PMPosted by DeadRu

trading or lack thereof.. Blaming technology for multiplayer limitations seems like a cop out to me

When asked They all said No. The question was asked it got answered that's it. Trade is not coming back. Same with clan trade which is just another name for trade. that was also no.
I don't care if they said no because they don't like it or gave no reason at all. This would change nothing.

Read it again NO!

DeadRu....bitter fanboy till the end...
It would be nice to hear from Josh Mosqueira some time. Haven't heard anything from him since Blizzcon.

And I know it's gonna be a few months away, but I'm glad they giving the Invoker set some love.
Hey guys, I don't want to put a damper on the discussion here (since I like hearing ideas for how we can improve our livestreams). I do want to point out some info we shared prior to the event, though, so folks can better plan their questions for next time.

The goal of this particular Tavern Talk - as with our previous Tavern Talk hosted right before patch 2.1.0 launched - was to highlight a single topic, and answer questions around that topic. This time, our topic was Seasons with an emphasis on Season 2 (as mentioned in our blog post). Tavern Talks typically include a quick roundtable discussion with our developers followed by a Q&A in which we answer questions submitted in advance by players on Twitter, in these forums, and in blog comments.

While a lot of other good questions were asked, many of these fell outside the scope of this livestream. This is actually why we included an open Q&A at the end of the show where we pulled questions live from Twitch chat. These questions didn't have to be about Seasons at all and instead covered a variety of topics.

That said, maybe there's a case for other types of livestreams where the focus is less narrow. I'd be interested to hear your ideas of what types of livestreams you all would like to see, and what other topics you'd like us to focus on in future Tavern Talks. :)
Topic on how effects are determined to be balanced, overpowered, or too weak.

Even if we can't get specifics, I would love to get even a glimpse 'under the hood'
02/10/2015 05:28 PMPosted by Tyvalir
Hey guys, I don't want to put a damper on the discussion here (since I like hearing ideas for how we can improve our livestreams). I do want to point out some info we shared prior to the event, though, so folks can better plan their questions for next time.

The purpose of this Tavern Talk was to highlight a single topic, and answer questions around that topic. This time, our topic was Seasons with an emphasis on Season 2 (as mentioned in our [url="http://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/17635814"]blog post[/url]). While a lot of other good questions were asked, many of these fell outside the scope of this livestream.

That said, maybe there's a case for other types of livestreams where the focus is less narrow. I'd be interested to hear your ideas of what types of livestreams you all would like to see, and what other topics you'd like us to focus on in future Tavern Talks. :)

Wizard Balance!

The purpose of this Tavern Talk was to highlight a single topic, and answer questions around that topic. This time, our topic was Seasons with an emphasis on Season 2 (as mentioned in our [url="http://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/17635814"]blog post[/url]). While a lot of other good questions were asked, many of these fell outside the scope of this livestream.

:D Yay!

I would love an end-game theme, please! You've covered seasons, now maybe a talk for people who don't consider seasons their thing.

Possible changes to Trials and Grifts.
Possible changes to Rifts.
Bounties.
PvP or any growth in Brawling.
Group dynamics and how classes interact with each other.
Upcoming changes to skills, or items interacting with skills.
Stash space.
Crafting recipes and craftable items.
How the Blood Shard compromise will be achieved.

etc.

Thanks for posting.
We all want more blue post in these forums :)

PS. If 2.2 is gonna hit right after season 2, will the 2.2 PTR begin during season 2?

The thing is that the occasion to talk to the devs directly is so so rare that many players were disappointed to not be able to talk about more driving issues than seasons.

We already know everything about Season 2, all the information is out there.

However, all the issues that are repeatedly posted on the forums are of far bigger concern than seasons, as they affect the whole game.

If some mechanics ruin the fun in non-seasons, they will ruin the fun of seasons as well.

All that said, I'd love to see more of those livestreams where the devs actually talk to us - ignoring players and player wishes for so long is not a healthy thing to do if you're planning to sell another expansion.

You guys need to STOP doing this. Ignoring the most important topic is the wrong thing to do.
There's a huge elephant in the room. Adress it shorty (even if it means saying that it would be mentioned in later streams) and move on.

So blizzard decide to do the absolutely wrong thing of completely ignoring it.
Way.
To.
Go.

Sorry Tyvalir, but there are more pressing issues of the game that would benefit the entire community like class balance, itemisation, removal of trials, increased stash space and shard cap that the community would find it more important/beneficial to address than Season 2.

I did post some suggestions in http://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/17635814/ like an alternative to trials is to be reworked as once you hit a GR level, say 40 and manage to kill the guardian before the timer ends. You get to choose GR keys of up to that level (i.e. level 40 keys) without having to do trials all over again.

that would be like opening Pandora's Box sure you really want to go there
02/10/2015 05:44 PMPosted by jtcdgroup
You get to choose GR keys of up to that level (i.e. level 40 keys) without having to do trials all over again.

This point was brought up in the TT. Their concern is public games and that one leach who got carried his way to the high level grifts but can't actually do much with a lesser group. How then do you balance the optimal gRift for said group without something like a trial to find out your potential (and the fact that you have allies who are crap).

This would turn people off public groups very fast.
I will be playing D3 for season 2, again. I can already guarantee im going to get to paragon 150-200 in about a few days, then call it quits like I did in season 1. That's just the way the game was designed. You play about a week, the content gets old and you wait for the "next" season which is in another year LOL!>
I'd be interested to hear your ideas of what types of livestreams you all would like to see

Any kind of format that would allow for "serious" talk about the serious issues.

The overwhelming reaction I see so far in the community, and that I so far share, is the feeling of being sugar coated and hot topics being evaded and explanations for those few serious issues feeling bland and the concerns of the community, while at least being partly registered, still being largely dismissed as minor grievances that might get some attention in the future.

Statements like: before 2.1.2. RNG determined success in grifts way too much, but we adressed it with 2.1.2. are pretty problematic, since RNG is as rampant as before and impart the impression that there are no further issues. Same with RG balance. And many other topics.

What I would like to see or derive from such a TT, is the feeling of Devs who take the current issues serious and recognize their playerbase as knowledgeable and intelligent people that can understand and cope with serious and complex matters (not saying all of the playerbase fallsunder that category, but there are more than enough).
"Having support roles in GR groups is fine as long as they're still fun and challenging to play"

Not sure how perma cc is challenging but sure...

"Autopickup for crafting materials and gems would disconnect people from what they're getting and maybe not even noticing that they picked them up, though they agree that it is annyoing to pick them up individually"

And the excuses continues...where did they get all these ridiculous reasons, It's not like I checked what type of crafting material or gem I pick up anyway.
I appreciated getting some insight into the Devs thinking....especially the bit about active play and choosing direction for attacks/avoidance....BUT.....can we please get some attention to the disappearing cursor.

A vanishing cursor affects the very basis of directional attacks/defence philosophy...only this morning in a T6 rift up against the RG, 2 yellows with adds and a blue pack the cursor went A.W.O.L. twice for a number of seconds with directional abilities casting somewhere at some random screen edge/location.

If their philosophy is for active play choosing skill/avoidance directions then the game engine MUST be up to the task.
02/10/2015 05:35 PMPosted by BDF
Topic on how effects are determined to be balanced, overpowered, or too weak.

Even if we can't get specifics, I would love to get even a glimpse 'under the hood'

More this pls.

But I wonder if a Dev Blog is a better format. I think we're due about 5-10 dev blogs? When was the last?

Knowing more about mechanics and the reasons for certain decisions will help improve the quality of feedback.

For instance, what's the goal with Reflects Damage? Is it to control server stress from IAS? Punish dots and high procs skills? Incentivize CDR specs?

If it's simply 'unavoidable dmg' then why is it completely ignored by some specs and completely thrashes others?

If we know what the intention(s) is/are we can provide better feedback about how things do/don't work.
02/10/2015 06:01 PMPosted by Oldbugga
can we please get some attention to the disappearing cursor.

+1

Yeah, I'm sure lots of people have had this problem. Maybe lessening visual clutter, or taking another look at the cursor art itself?
02/10/2015 05:58 PMPosted by CrazyDog
And the excuses continues...where did they get all these ridiculous reasons, It's not like I checked what type of crafting material or gem I pick up anyway.

I always pay 100% attention when madly clicking around on the floor before I continue running!
This time, our topic was Seasons with an emphasis on Season 2 (as mentioned in our blog post). While a lot of other good questions were asked, many of these fell outside the scope of this livestream.

Only chat about Seasons in the whole two hours I just watched was Gundgo bracer and Undisputed Belt, not knowing when S2 will end, and the fact that they will release patch after S2 ends because of the leaderboards.

Maybe we should talk about un-nerfing Kadala, the reasons why blues and yellows even drop from her instead of just brimstones or items we would actually use. Maybe it would be best if she acted like the spirit at the end of a Grift, 20% chance for a Legendary......woohoo......failed.....imagine that.....lol.

Bring back the CUBE, let us actually craft real items. All of those recipes and only 5 might be even used after 70.....be great if we could craft a Furnace lol. Maybe make it so I can salvage 20 Justice Lanterns and 5 Safron Wraps to craft a Furnace.....plenty of those in my game!

Character Slots.....Season's only slots, would definitely help a long way imo.

Rings, they talked about rings, but didn't mention anything about possibly implementing sockets on a regular basis like the Sunwuko Ammy (tired of sacrificing things for these gems personally)

4/2 items rerolling, allow us to reroll 1 main stat and 1 secondary stat plus give us a chance to reroll entire item using some of our huge mat's inventory. (makes using certain items more feasible for alts) (Besides, I can't be the only one who ever rolled the wrong stat or rolled a stat to accommodate a specific build you don't use anymore)

Prerequisites for Pub Games, wouldn't mind hearing this talked about and implemented.

Power leveling, remove it by only allowing chars within 5 lvls of each other from joining games under lvl70.

Lock adventure mode from Seasons until you reach 70. Not sure why this wasn't addressed. No one is actually starting New or Fresh otherwise honestly.