Tavern talk recap

General Discussion
Prev 1 6 7 8 15 Next
02/11/2015 01:04 AMPosted by SirDerp
02/11/2015 12:51 AMPosted by Drothvader
Do I think the game still has issues and a lot of things that could be fixed if the team just loosened their stance in a few areas? Sure.

However, I also think a lot of this backlash over the Tavern Talk is mostly unwarranted and unprovoked.

If people want to advocate for positive change that works in their favor that's something I'll gladly get behind. Just... be more civil about it. :(

The problem is the concerns and lamentations of the vocal few are non-issues to begin with.

- 500 Blood Shard Limit : Prevents hoarding and instructive to new players of the gambling system

- No auto-pickup of mats/gems: Prevents further botting

- Trials : Enables accurate gauging of player capabilities

Parroting skills, eh?

You haven't been paying attention, derpalot. New players don't need any "instructions" on how or when to spend their bloodshards. In fact, new players will be spending them so damn slowly since the cost was arbitrarily increased that they may not even see the cap. This suggestion is oriented towards those who actually steamroll higher difficulty rifts already and don't want to pop a couple items every other run, or even worse, multiple times per run if we happen to find a bloodshard goblin.

Botting? You do realize this isn't about bots, right? It's a freaking nuisance having to interrupt your monster killing to individually click dozens of scrap materials. It's directly contradictory with the supposed fast-paced combat action this game is supposed to thrive on. More importantly, it's an ergonomic problem, first and foremost.

Gauging player capabilities? Why the hell do you think we need to be gauged? The torment slider works well enough without the unnecessary hand-holding. Why does it suddenly becomes a paramount priority to repeat the same freaking flawed test ad-nauseum for GRs?

It's nice of you to try to white knight every mistake the designers implement in this thing and all, but there are things that are quite frankly indefensible.

02/11/2015 01:43 AMPosted by SirDerp
02/10/2015 06:52 PMPosted by JaqenHghar

Sure. I put in over 3,500 hours in Barbs so I could play a secondary role to a far superior character. Everybody wants to be a hero and in gaming, should be able to. There is no reason equally powerful characters cannot have synergy with each other.

Not really, that's why we have the trinity system in mmos (tank-healer-dps)

This game isn't an MMO. Classes aren't designed to fill specific roles in ARPGs. It's time for you to crawl back under your bridge. Your nonsense quota for today has already been met.
always laugh when someone defends trials. trials are IN NO WAY like any grifts. none. zero. trials need to be changed or deleted. if they were "grift like" then it wouldnt be such a deal, but they arent anything at all like what you will be going up against.you dont stand still and defend the castle in grifts at all, why have the trials use that strategy?

all I care abiout is some QOL itmes, and the Devs utterly refuse to do anything. yes, those are minor things, but YES IT TAKES MINIMAL EFFORT for the Devs to do these minor tweaks. Their complete dismay and holier than thou and arrogant attitudes do nothing but make their customers andgry. no more "the customers always right" huh?

I would love to see some of these Devs have to deal with bad PR themselves. Just to see them have to deal with a jerk behind the counter or on the phone. All condescending and arrogant. I hope they try to cancel Comcast sometime and see how they treat us... lol!
02/11/2015 03:09 AMPosted by ApacheMaster
Gold sink? A solution I don't envy you having to find...the disparity in wealth in this game is bonkers.
Gold is useless at this point.
There's zero point in having a sink when you can make 1 billion in less than an hour.

I would agree with you pre-Boon of Hoarder days, but now? Gold is out. It shouldn't even drop anymore.

Game needs a GEM SINK.
02/11/2015 03:27 AMPosted by Shivera
Gold is useless at this point.
There's zero point in having a sink when you can make 1 billion in less than an hour.

I would agree with you pre-Boon of Hoarder days, but now? Gold is out. It shouldn't even drop anymore.

Game needs a GEM SINK.

It's still relevant to noobs who haven't found the vault yet, crafting gems and finding money for rolls was tough back then (ah, memories). It's even relevant for high level characters rolling for 100 chd, or 20% specific elem, which can be ridiculous. But, yeah, after a certain amount of play you'll just have all you'll need.

I totally agree with the gem sink, though. Dunno what, though. Maybe gem can become a certain currency for something new/old, or an alternative for gold?
I called all this back in April.

TL;DR of now and the thread I made and are referencing:

Blizzard probably thinks 'Overwatch' will save the company, but it probably won't with the way things are being conducted.
02/10/2015 05:28 PMPosted by Tyvalir
Hey guys, I don't want to put a damper on the discussion here (since I like hearing ideas for how we can improve our livestreams). I do want to point out some info we shared prior to the event, though, so folks can better plan their questions for next time.

The purpose of this Tavern Talk was to highlight a single topic, and answer questions around that topic. This time, our topic was Seasons with an emphasis on Season 2 (as mentioned in our [url="http://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/17635814"]blog post[/url]). While a lot of other good questions were asked, many of these fell outside the scope of this livestream.

That said, maybe there's a case for other types of livestreams where the focus is less narrow. I'd be interested to hear your ideas of what types of livestreams you all would like to see, and what other topics you'd like us to focus on in future Tavern Talks. :)

Oh. Sorry your customers were giving you feedback. Sorry, we'll go back to being sheep now. Didn't mean to ruffle up the feathers of blizzard's pristine public relations model.
02/11/2015 03:41 AMPosted by J4mesG4mes
Blizzard probably thinks 'Overwatch' will save the company, but it probably won't with the way things are being conducted.

This company doesn't need saving, financially. Just saving reputation wise with the old fan base.

Their marketing will always draw in the young and naive and Hearthstone is a smash hit, they rollin' in it.
02/11/2015 03:43 AMPosted by ApacheMaster
02/11/2015 03:41 AMPosted by J4mesG4mes

This company doesn't need saving, financially. Just saving reputation wise with the old fan base.

Their marketing will always draw in the young and naive and Hearthstone is a smash hit, they rollin' in it.

Giants do fall eventually. SoE fell, Mythic fell, and if blizzard keeps taking it's finger off the pulse of the community, it will fall too.

I don't want blizzard to fall. I want them to be successful. However, it seems blizzard has put passion in earning money first and video games second. Blizzard needs to go to business 101 again and realize without the customer, you have no business.
02/10/2015 08:05 PMPosted by Explojoseph
Leave's the choice up to the player instead of forcing everyone to play how the devs want.

If you had to break down the issues between the D3 development team and the community into one sentence, THIS WOULD BE IT.
I would like to see a livestream were the dev's spend perhaps half an hour 'speed replying' to a lot of questions and/or ideas. They wouldn't need to explain the logic behind their answer because the purpose of this type of stream would be interaction and (evidently) simply answers.

Last night a lot of questions that got picked were either useless as in ' 3/4th of your community already knew the answer' or not that important as in ' 3/4th of your community didn't care'.

I think the community would absolutely love it if during a stream like this you didn't dodge a single question. If the dev's don't have an answer to a certain question they could simply admit this.
02/10/2015 12:31 PMPosted by schwegs
Chat/twitter/twitch/forums:
PVP?
2.2/new sets/ruins of sesch?
2nd expansion?
Blood shard limit?
Gold sink?
Endgame content?
Lore?
More online player interaction?

Tavern talk answers info:
-1 new item per class per ~6 months/season
-500 shards is cap so that you misunderstand RNG as best possible/manage player expectations when looking for an item
-trials are convenient/staying
-Picking up mats, whites blues and yellows is fun/engaging

Hoping i missed something, please enlighten me

They cant even ban people like gabynator who gains 300 paragons in a few hours.. why would they ever do what the people want.
Hey guys, I don't want to put a damper on the discussion here (since I like hearing ideas for how we can improve our livestreams). I do want to point out some info we shared prior to the event, though, so folks can better plan their questions for next time.

The purpose of this Tavern Talk was to highlight a single topic, and answer questions around that topic. This time, our topic was Seasons with an emphasis on Season 2 (as mentioned in our [url="http://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/17635814"]blog post[/url]). While a lot of other good questions were asked, many of these fell outside the scope of this livestream.

That said, maybe there's a case for other types of livestreams where the focus is less narrow. I'd be interested to hear your ideas of what types of livestreams you all would like to see, and what other topics you'd like us to focus on in future Tavern Talks. :)

Just pick one of the top 5 or top 10 of the points from Droth's post here of ideas gathered from the forum community.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/15699780967

I dare you.

I wouldn't believe for a second you would, but you can prove me wrong.
02/11/2015 01:23 AMPosted by SirDerp
02/11/2015 01:13 AMPosted by Darlynn

What????

Did April the 1st came early this year????

How come? manually picking up mats has more of a personal investment & touch to item farming, back in D3V, there were complains that GAH/RMAH were impersonal mediums for trading items unlike in D2 wherein you have to personally interact with other players to barter, they complained about automatization over manual bartering and yet now their stance is the opposite, double-standards

FFS it's a video game about killing monsters, not hugging and loving some item on the ground. I don't freaking care about a personal investment with some yellow item that I'm not even going to mouse over to see what is. I'm just going to go to the blacksmith and melt it. I don't have any investment with an arcane dust, I just want it in my inventory so it can do its job and become an item or enchant.

You make as inane excuses for them as they make inane answers to our questions.

Why i can't to dislike this post?
Completely unnecessary information !
02/11/2015 01:43 AMPosted by SirDerp
02/10/2015 06:52 PMPosted by JaqenHghar

Sure. I put in over 3,500 hours in Barbs so I could play a secondary role to a far superior character. Everybody wants to be a hero and in gaming, should be able to. There is no reason equally powerful characters cannot have synergy with each other.

Not really, that's why we have the trinity system in mmos (tank-healer-dps)

For the millionth time, this game is not WoW. It isn't an MMO, despite what the devs and a few players might want you to think. Everyone should be doing OP damage. Should there be secondary roles? If you really want one, sure, but you still be able to do massive damage like every other class. Everyone should be doing DH damage.

This is what you get when you have the development team for an MMORPG try to create an ARPG, it just doesn't seem to work right, because they can't get that MMORPG system out of their heads.

MMO stands for Massive Multiplayer Online...Do four people the screen at a time really constitute Massive? No, they constitute a LAN party IMO or a single player game with multiplayer capability, which is exactly what Diablo 3 is, a single player game with multiplayer capabilities.
02/11/2015 05:19 AMPosted by Lane
FFS it's a video game about killing monsters, not hugging and loving some item on the ground. I don't freaking care about a personal investment with some yellow item that I'm not even going to mouse over to see what is. I'm just going to go to the blacksmith and melt it. I don't have any investment with an arcane dust, I just want it in my inventory so it can do its job and become an item or enchant.

You make as inane excuses for them as they make inane answers to our questions.

I do think sometimes the devs come up with a viewpoint that sounds clever and psychological, but disconnected them with the experience of playing the game. Like they have rose-tinted glasses because they are so proud of their clever reason why picking up a whole bunch of stuff off the ground is supposed to be fun. Well, it's not, in my opinion.

No matter what reasoning you have:
It kills the pace of the rift, and feels like housekeeping.

When I come across a gob army, I pick up the legendaries (if any), the big arcane dust piles, and bail. Leaving tons of stuff on the floor, because the payoff of picking them up isn't worth it, compared to slaying another two packs in the same amount of time.
just watched

really disappointing that wyatt thinks picking up mats is engaging

and trials...oh lord...
This is how the real world works. When I go into a meeting with a manager there is a topic of discussion. If you try to deviate from that topic than they will give you some fluff about caring and they will discuss that at a later time, but right now we are discussing "X". Even though the problem your trying to discuss affects "X" it doesn't matter.
--
Its just how it is... its how authority works... they have an idea of how it should work and you have to abide by their rules no matter what... not everything is a democracy. Your opinion even though it could be 100% right and better may not even be considered simply because it is not on the agenda.
--
That being said there are good managers out there who "get it"... they know their stuff and understand how it all works and comes together.
--
It seems the devs tried to bring order to the talk by outlining specific topics... knowing how this community works it is not shocking that people are not happy with this... however, the devs need to be prepped on their answers... its just how this works.. we have these in the company I work for... they call them Open Houses where staff are able to ask management questions ... but there is a moderator who picks the questions... its all bogus... and noone is going to stand up and risk their job to ask something difficult...
these things are a farce ...
--

What the Blizz team needs to do is really just read the forums... and respond... there is no timeline you can pick one of the many good forum discussions (as opposed to the trolling rants) take your time to review the matter do some testing and than make a reasonable answer as to what can be expected or not expected.

This is not rocket science... why does everything have to get so complicated and than they dumb it down into segregated discussions ...
---

just add auto pickup for certain things... makes so much sense... why do we not click on gold to pick up if its so much fun????
ITS NOT FUN to click on things to pick them up... so materials / gold etc should be auto pick up
---

oh btw Trials suck... HUGELY suck... so do Greater Rifts and the fact that any jewelry has to have a socket (much like weapons) is dumb...

these are the types of things that make the game dumb
its still fun but in a mind numbing way not an engaging way...
it will never be that fully engaged make your character neat and unique... its a cookie cutter build game... no matter how hard you try to make it seem like its not... it 100% is... no getting around that.
What I did not get, They kept talking about doing this doing that and having all these things in there private test servers, yet we have been waiting so long for what a couple new items.
02/10/2015 05:44 PMPosted by jtcdgroup
Sorry Tyvalir, but there are more pressing issues of the game that would benefit the entire community like class balance, itemisation, removal of trials, increased stash space and shard cap that the community would find it more important/beneficial to address than Season 2.

This^