Greater Rift Keystone of Trials not dropping?

Console Discussion
Okay...I did a couple of fast T4 runs on rifts and didn't get a Keystone to drop. No biggie. I shifted up to T5 (which is about my limit). I've done 11 this morning and STILL no Trials keystone. Is there an issue with them?

It was my understanding that T5 should render about an 80% drop rate. Am I just being dreadfully unlucky, or is there and issue?
I think you have to do the rift in under 15 mins and they are 100% drop rate. I farm them on t1.

Well i guess that's wrong from google searching, but i get them almost every single rift I do. I have more of them than I do regular rift keystones.
They will not show up in maps anymore so you actually have to walk over it for it to pop up.
I eventually got one... but had to do a T6 (which has a 100% drop rate on them) to get it... took me like 15 minutes to do the T6...

But 13 T5's without a single drop when its meant to be 80% drop rate... no idea what the issue is. Anyhoo... hope its not a glitch! lol
there is no glitch they just have a low drop rate need to do higher torment to get it
02/13/2015 01:17 PMPosted by Rittings
But 13 T5's without a single drop when its meant to be 80% drop rate... no idea what the issue is. Anyhoo... hope its not a glitch! lol

The issue is that you need to accept that streaks of bad luck are just as likely as streaks of good luck. That's a core tenet of probability. You had a streak of bad luck. There is no meaning to it. There is no reason for it. It just happened.
Thats why RNG sucks
If you want to farm key of trials, T6 is really the only reliable way to do that. I never had any luck on the lower torments honestly.
Which system are you running on?
Keystone of Trials do not drop in the console version of Diablo 3. If you want a Keystone of Trials, you will need to play the PC version of D3. I play Diablo 3 on both PC and Xbox 360. 4 level 70s @ around Paragon 35(one of 70s is a hardcore hero), and not once have I have seen a Keystone of Trials.
Trials stones don't drop on 360 there only on next gen patch 2.1
04/03/2015 07:01 PMPosted by Di3tMtD3wFan
Keystone of Trials do not drop in the console version of Diablo 3.

You sure about that?

Preeeeetty sure I've seen people talking about running Greater Rifts here, in Console Discussion, about the console version(s) of D3.

Though, I've yet to get a GRift key on PS3, m'self.
02/14/2015 09:25 AMPosted by Arctor
02/13/2015 01:17 PMPosted by Rittings

The issue is that you need to accept that streaks of bad luck are just as likely as streaks of good luck. That's a core tenet of probability. You had a streak of bad luck. There is no meaning to it. There is no reason for it. It just happened.

OH dear lord (key run rant).... I hear so often that X game sucks because rng is stupid and pointless. In response I defend with mathematics and experience..... and always succumb to the conclusion that: they're right, rng CAN/DOES suck. However, you remind me of a possible solution that my opposing party frequently bring up. Have an internal check list. After so many failed attempts, make it possible. There may very well be a system in Diablo, but with possibilities, it's possible of a bug or misconception. Either way, a system to guarantee crucial key items that support certain mechanics could/is enabled. Items such as Key or Trials, and Keys for the Infernal Machine (50% at T6?.... 50% isn't my experience.. true?). Said check list could use a "unfair" quantity. 80% chance for a chance of a Key of Trials at T5, guaranteed on the 10th attempt. Make the attempts too obscured enough to avoid manipulation (people create games get to rift boss, friends join, kill, repeat. I know they added an internal clock for legs, but does it include keys?). Overall, no drops discourage playing, which may be a good thing, however, Odeg sucks!
Keystones drop on current gen consoles.. Xbox one and ps4 has greater rifts
21 T runs and only one Keystone. Played solo and with partners - this is absurd ! Me thinks an error is afoot.
America's realm I have same problem...have to run T6 in order for trials to drop.

However, on Europe and Asia realm I can get trials to drop on T1 almost 3/5 runs.

This proves that RNG is seeded. It is not pure RNG.
Honestly guys if you are struggling through torment levels to find trial keys, you need to just keep at it. You'll get better gear from regular rifts anyways and won't get far in Greaters until you can faceroll t6.
05/08/2015 08:00 PMPosted by Joehunni
Honestly guys if you are struggling through torment levels to find trial keys, you need to just keep at it. You'll get better gear from regular rifts anyways and won't get far in Greaters until you can faceroll t6.

low grifts are still worth it if its a first character, having access to the gems, even at their lower lvls, is a nice boost in dmg and survivability.
You should know that the 80% is a guess. Blizzard has so far not released any info on the drop rate of trials keystones. However, one thing that seems to be agreed upon by most is that if you have a Grift keystone or a trials keystone in your possession (pack or stash) the drop rate is considerably less unless you are doing T6 rifts for them.
To be clear:

1. Greater Rifts exist on PS4 and XB1. Current Gen only.

2. If you are not up to running t6 to farm trial keys, then it is too early to do grifts anyway. Focus on running content efficiently not just higher torment for higher torments sake. This is a key thing that I learned from more advanced players. It is better to run t2 rifts very fast than power slowly through t4 rifts.

3. Keep running t2 rifts and content, including bounties, This will net you more legendaries and more paragon points. Once your gear/paragon is up there enough, move up to t6 but only when you can do it comfortably bc the same concepts still apply, better off running t4 fast than t6 slow.