Diablo 3 is worth every penny you paid -I still love D3

General Discussion
Yeah. Whatever. In July 2012 I bought my first computer with monitor and fiber optic net connection and 2 d3 accounts specifically to play d3. In 2014 I bought another computer and 27 inch monitor and a router and a bunch of other stuff exclusively to play d3. I have thousands of dollars in d3 and I don't mind at all. D3 is the only game I need to play, I'm 46 years old and I spend money on d3 because I can. *shrugs* I've been playing computer games since the Atari 2600, and D3 is the best game I've ever played. Period. And I spent years playing d2 hc.

Money well spent, diablo 3 is amazing. As others have said, sometimes people get bored, its not perfect, but every time i come back to D3 i say "why did i stop playing this game??".
02/12/2015 12:17 AMPosted by Jaffy
Browsing this forum can be soul destroying, especially for new players.

I often stop playing D3 for a month but then come back and each time I browse this forum I see a plethora of hate and posts with over exaggerations.

I think all together I paid about $100 for D3 and the expansion and I've played D3&RoS roughly 500 hours.

Over the years I've been subscribed to many mmos such as Rift(Spent A LOT of money over time subbed to this game) and I played many games like Alien Isolation and story based games where you shed out between $45-$60 for a game that has 15-30 hours of enjoyment.

I think you can see where i'm going with this. Diablo is one of those games that people will get the most for their money. It is unfortunate that without the auction house D3 might not have the funds to keep up development simply because Diablo 3 is TOO good value for your money.

To the haters out there, you can moan and cry on the forums about Blizzard "Taking our money!" but you probably have more hours in Diablo 3 than me and you're giving NOTHING back anymore, you're giving NOTHING to Blizzard to help fund the game that you supposedly "hate" but play more than anything else still.

Now don't get me wrong, i'm unhappy about Season 2, I think personally, it sucks, but i'm under no illusions that Blizzard are just "taking my money and running".

So whats the point of this post? I guess i'm tired of seeing the same old idiotic threads on here. I mean I personally couldn't take the heat that D3 staff get. I would be replying to you all making you understand how absolutely retarded your views are and give you reasons why. But that is why i'm not D3 staff :) I write this hoping i'm doing the D3 staff a favour by saying this to you haters.

I remember leaving Diablo for a good few months, when I came back, we had adventure mode and honestly I couldn't believe how much the game changed, Loot 2.0 was a fantastic idea, getting rid of the auction house made this game 100x more fun(I still love looking for great loot, previously I just farmed gold for AH, it was retarded).

Then the greater Rifts were released. I love the idea of them but personally I don't enjoy doing them as much, I do it to level my gems, but that is fine, I don't have to like everything.

I think it is time people either "put up or shut up". Lets be realistic here, the game is naturally declining slightly, Season 2 does not look great to me personally but i'm still enjoying this amazing game I only paid $100 for.

I suppose what I'm trying to say is that the haters really should think twice before slating Diablo 3, you say all these terrible things about how bad the game is, but if you're honest, D3 has MORE value for money than most of the games out there, it has had MORE development time than most other games and the developers actually care about the game and put a lot of effort into changing the game. Adventure mode is not easily coded, that took hard work to create and D3 received no money for it, further extending your value for money.

To the haters, please think before you speak, D3 is an AMAZING game and new players should not have their hopes destroyed by your mindless negativity.

If you want this game to continue and be developed further into something incredible, you're going to have to realize that at some point we need to stick our hand in our pocket because as it stands Diablo 3 is TOO good value for money and that my friends is what will cause D3s downfall. The D3 team need to go back to their bosses with profits that justify more development.

You guys need to think honestly about this next time you accuse Blizzard of taking your money and running.

+1
+1

How much or little should entertainment cost?

A night at movies, 2-3 hours, 10-20 €. Diablo 3, about 80€, possibly hundreds or even thousands of hours.

Some people honestly believe entertainment should cost like ten cents per hour. Beats me. Would love to see how they behave at movies/theater/restaurant etc. I have always found it amusing when people with like 500 - 1000 hours spent in game whine on the forums that they didn't get their money's worth.
It's the game you love, and love to hate.

I have played exclusively and continuously since June 1, 2012. I have 4 accounts, and about 4500 hours in.

I gripe about things on this forum all the time.

But people get mad about this game and at the developers precisely because they love it so much, and know as a fact that it could be so much better than it is.

The ones who seem to hate this game the most are actually the ones who love it the most.

Steve Austin
02/13/2015 12:49 AMPosted by Rumpitekno
You must be definitely of those who had spent 3,000-10,000 hours squeezing every bit of juice out of the game and still wanting more, which is why you are bored and felt the game being under-value.

Exactly! Most of whining people here are just bored of game. That is normal and happens with almost everything in the world.

Just relax and take a break.

Perhaps you'll never return back - so, people may change their mind OR you were just lucky enough to get your soul back from the Diablo :)
OP don't forget the forum is worth every penny too.
02/13/2015 01:04 AMPosted by StoneCold
It's the game you love, and love to hate.

I have played exclusively and continuously since June 1, 2012. I have 4 accounts, and about 4500 hours in.

I gripe about things on this forum all the time.

But people get mad about this game and at the developers precisely because they love it so much, and know as a fact that it could be so much better than it is.

The ones who seem to hate this game the most are actually the ones who love it the most.

Steve Austin

that's right.

I love the game however i can't go devote most of my free time to it because it gets boring with all the design flaws of the game.
so i just play it when i want to (different case with start of season 2) after I play other games...
(working as intended per devs LOL)
02/13/2015 01:00 AMPosted by Libertine

A night at movies, 2-3 hours, 10-20 €. Diablo 3, about 80€, possibly hundreds or even thousands of hours.

Some people honestly believe entertainment should cost like ten cents per hour. Beats me. Would love to see how they behave at movies/theater/restaurant etc. I have always found it amusing when people with like 500 - 1000 hours spent in game whine on the forums that they didn't get their money's worth.

so, libertine

if d3 had 30 hours of gameplay MAX, would you still think the game is great and worth every penny? because it's more value for money than a movie?
You must be definitely of those who had spent 3,000-10,000 hours squeezing every bit of juice out of the game and still wanting more, which is why you are bored and felt the game being under-value.
Do something else productively, like work, and then when you come back to the game, you would find it interesting.
Honestly, I cannot see how people who had spent thousands of hours on the game and feel "excited" anymore..

Posted by Redskullz
Who are u to say that it is worth every penny I paid?

Do something else productively, like work, and then when you come back to the game, you would find it interesting.
Honestly, I cannot see how people who had spent thousands of hours on the game and feel "excited" anymore..
ehhh nope wish i had those hours doh, every other game i played and paid for did way more then that :( but i stopped a long time ago and i aint coming back because this game was 1 big turn down (especially RoS for well knows reasons) and that is MY opinion.

i simply aint no mindless robot that can do the same trick day in and day out without rewards or goals (D3 is the first game i encountered this and for the love it let it be the only one), i need rewards/goal/challenge/etc. in games i play and D3 simply does not deliver!

i do have great respect doh for the people still playing and i respect their opinions on how they like the game BUT my question still stands, who is OP (to me especially) to say for ME (and others ofc) that it was worth my (their) pennys?
02/13/2015 01:16 AMPosted by zarakis
02/13/2015 01:00 AMPosted by Libertine

so, libertine

if d3 had 30 hours of gameplay MAX, would you still think the game is great and worth every penny? because it's more value for money than a movie?

Highly hypothetical. But still, that's a good question to ask from oneself. However, I do not have a definite answer. The value for entertainment is of course subjective, and depends on the expectations one has. The night at movies was just an example. Not the standard that every different kind of entertainment should meet.

It's an issue of demarcation.

I do think, generally, that expecting to pay maximum of 10 cents an hour for entertainment is not realistic, although you can do that with many games (like D3), since gaming is an inexpensive hobby. I also think that 10 euros for entertainment per hour is too much for my wallet. It depends on the quality of entertainment too.

If someone who has spent a thousand hours in a game with minimum investment whines and moans about it, tells just that the person in question is being a bit entitled. Like, you already got entertained for a thousand hours for 80€, what more do you want? I find that to be a good deal.

Edited some of the worst typos.
+1 op agree
02/13/2015 02:06 AMPosted by Libertine
It depends on the quality of entertainment too.

If someone spends a thousand hours on a game with minimum spending, and then whines and moans about it, tells just that the person in question is being a bit entitled. Like, you already got entertained for a thousand hours for 80€, what more do you want? I find that a good deal.

kudos for answering a loaded question, and it was a good answer too!

as you said though, it depends on the quality of entertainment. most of the people who have more than a thousand hours logged (i'm one of them) may have spent a large amount of those hours having not very good entertainment because they're searching for that one amazing item that they hope will elevate their experience to something more.

personally i find my d3 sessions fun. but lacking something MORE that used to exist in d2.

that being said, compared to the other arpgs in the market today, i stil think d3 is the top dog in the genre (but still not of blizzard's normal standard by far).

i'm trying out marvel heroes. oh god, that game is the pits. poe was alright and tl2 was just downright unfulfilling.
02/13/2015 01:57 AMPosted by Redskullz

Posted by Redskullz
Who are u to say that it is worth every penny I paid?

ehhh nope wish i had those hours doh, every other game i played and paid for did way more then that :( but i stopped a long time ago and i aint coming back because this game was 1 big turn down (especially RoS for well knows reasons) and that is MY opinion.

i simply aint no mindless robot that can do the same trick day in and day out without rewards or goals (D3 is the first game i encountered this and for the love it let it be the only one), i need rewards/goal/challenge/etc. in games i play and D3 simply does not deliver!

i do have great respect doh for the people still playing and i respect their opinions on how they like the game BUT my question still stands, who is OP (to me especially) to say for ME (and others ofc) that it was worth my (their) pennys?

By sheer logic this game is great value for money. The haters say extraordinarily stupid things and they're very hateful and wrong in their logic
@zarakis

I hear you. I'm not completely satisfied with the game either. I'm only saying this towards those most toxic forum users.

I have also tried many hack & slash games (one of my favourite genres), but none of them have had as fluent animations and fun monster bashing as D3. Now I'm waiting for the season 2 to start in Europe so I can relax and smash monster heads in with my girlfriend (she's super casual gamer, so I'll stay casual too).
the version of diablo 3 today, is exactly what i was hoping and looking for.

there is no way i could of got this many hours out of $130.00, anywhere.

BOA FOR LIFE
you keep what you kill
02/13/2015 02:45 AMPosted by Zozza
02/12/2015 02:38 AMPosted by Redskullz
Dude come on, stop over exaggerating, how many games have you played that give you as much value for money as D3 and were developed as thoroughly as D3.

Is this a troll question?

Bad Company 2, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Quake 3, Team Fortress Classic, Team Fortress 2, DIABLO 2!!! I could keep going... You are spouting trash,

Bad company 2 made you pay for dlcs, they didnt develop and change the game without being paid. You will ahve spent more on bad company 2 than D3 and probably played it less. Same goes for the other battlefields, Team fortress i've spent $300+ and played for 800 hours so still not as good value for money. Diablo 2 was not developed as well or as thoroughly as D3.