The Devs Were Right In Tavern Talk

General Discussion
Prev 1 3 4 5 8 Next
Another Sirderp thread. Can't tell if the guy is legitimately 100% free of common sense and intelligence or if he's just trying super hard to live up to his name.
02/12/2015 04:01 PMPosted by SirDerp
Are we seriously entertaining the thought that the developers did not think about this?

Perhaps not, who are we to say?

I can pretty much guarantee you that they have.
02/11/2015 05:11 PMPosted by SWR
I bet my !@#$ GGG is probably laughing their asses off at the whole 'blood shard' system... lmao Such a disrespect to RNG in general, and to D2.

But wait, I mean Blizzard thought it would be smart to hire a WoW person who was a game designer FOR WoW for 8 + years for a totally different Genre (aRPG) game! That logic! I might pass out!

They can laugh when they fix their game's desnycfest
500 Shard limit is ridiculous. Players will still eventually hit any sort of cap and have to "learn how to use it". There is no excuse it can't be significantly higher.

Crafting mats/gems need middle ground. I agree with blizzard that you want to see things drop and pick them up, but it needs to be easier/less annoying.

Trials are awful.
02/13/2015 03:35 AMPosted by SirDerp

i don't agree with you all the time. this time is an exception. poe desynch is insane.
I also had some concern about this topic for a long time. Here's some ideas i had :

02/11/2015 01:24 PMPosted by SirDerp
1. No Auto-Pickup Of Crafting Mats and Gems

I heard the devs concern about this, but im not fully agree with the answer. "For the thrill and enjoyment", every player have different kind thrill and enjoyment when the play the game.
Personally i didnt like wasting time pickup item at all, i love beating monster non stop like in greater rifts. The only pick up i enjoy is when i pick up legendary, but it didnt mean i dont need gems and crafting material. After i reach higher level i had tons of unuseable gems and crafting mat, so now most of the time i skip this drop and jump to new enemy. Deep inside i want to pick the gems and all crafting material, but this desire to pick up is not as big as my desire to beat monster. My thrill and enjoyment is to go fast to beat monster and clear dungeon, and had all the item stack up in my inventory when im back to town and love to see no health potion in my inventory.
So because this thrill and enjoyment for every players different, you devs cannot decide to had every players get thrill and enjoyment for picking up gems and crafting material one by one.
I think the best way is to give every players an "Autopickup" option menu to select whats the best for themself, what they want to automatically stack in their inventory, what they dont. Players can freely choose to autopickup based on the item type : Health potion, crafting materials, gems, etc.

2. 500 Blood Shard Limit

Give us the option to use blood shards or other item to increase the blood shards limit, like when you upgrade the blacksmith. Give kadala level too so its change its clothes at certain level. Simple.

Trials

I think its OK to have trials, but it needs tweaks a bit. when i do trial i didnt like if i get stunned (it fixed, Thanks blizzard). the other think i didnt like if the monster separate too far and didnt move to come to me, sometimes this makes the result miss soo much from the actual greater rifts i can do.
So maybe pick the proper monster strength and ability to have good measure of each player strength.
Or maybe just give us dummy to spam our skills and damage. This dummy will stand still receive and reflect damage, by the time the reflect damage percentage will get higher thus would test character survivalability. The results of the greater rifts token decide based on how long we can survive.

Just some idea from casual player.

Please do some tweak to give more balance between 2handed and dual wield output damage so its not difference soo much. I love my monk but i really really want so bad to use dual wield again, even 2 ancient fist cannot overpowered 2H output damage.Its unfair.
New expansion and Druid please.
I dont care much for leaderboards and achievements, just love to leveling up and beating up monster. Please give us some custom maps or little game like on warcraft III. Fighting a wave of sheep try to stop them to enter some area of the map. Or a maze with a wave of monster like tower game, the damage we dealt to monster give us coin to build tower. Or some like dota map :D
this is the same case with mats and gems, the mindset is that it's like a Piñata that breaks and showers candies, you pick them up one by one for the thrill and enjoyment.

When a pinata breaks its a no holds bar grabs as much as you can at anytime not individually pick up each piece. Awful analogy.
02/13/2015 06:57 AMPosted by grovak
this is the same case with mats and gems, the mindset is that it's like a Piñata that breaks and showers candies, you pick them up one by one for the thrill and enjoyment.

When a pinata breaks its a no holds bar grabs as much as you can at anytime not individually pick up each piece. Awful analogy.

Like I said in my previous post you still pick them up manually, you don't have a bag ready to catch all the candy when it breaks, the latter would be an analogy of auto-pickup
They're wrong about what the majority of the playerbase cares about. People like competition, the most popular games in the world right now are 100% competition based. Right now it's like little league, everyone gets a participation trophy.
As for clicking to pick up giving you some sort of connection between the mats that you're getting, that's some Freudian psych class bull!@#$. I'll feel a connection to the mats once they're in a giant stack in my bank.
They're wrong about what the majority of the playerbase cares about. People like competition

That's why we have leaderboards and rankings.
I think the devs were right on point with the issues concerning auto-pickup of mats/gems, trials and 500 shard limit:

1. No Auto-Pickup Of Crafting Mats and Gems: Manually picking up mats has more of a personal investment & touch to item farming, back in D3V, there were complains that GAH/RMAH were impersonal mediums for trading items unlike in D2 wherein you have to personally interact with other players to barter, this is the same case with mats and gems, the mindset is that it's like a Piñata that breaks and showers candies, you pick them up one by one for the thrill and enjoyment.

2. 500 Blood Shard Limit: It prevents players from hoarding shards and is instructive for new players on what their purpose is, it allows players to properly assess and manage your expectations when looking for a particular item.

3. Trials: it is a convenient system to accurately gauge the capabilities of player(s) on what GR level they are capable of, this ensures that you will play the correct level of difficulty based on your overall character capacity.

So in conclusion, most of these concerns that some players raised were non-issues to begin with, they were implemented not for the detriment but for the benefit of the game and player experience as a whole.

1. Too cheap to spend the time and money to address.
2. Too cheap to spend the time and money to address.
3. Too cheap to spend the time and money to address.

Profit >>>> player happiness.
02/13/2015 11:14 AMPosted by iuki
I think the devs were right on point with the issues concerning auto-pickup of mats/gems, trials and 500 shard limit:

1. No Auto-Pickup Of Crafting Mats and Gems: Manually picking up mats has more of a personal investment & touch to item farming, back in D3V, there were complains that GAH/RMAH were impersonal mediums for trading items unlike in D2 wherein you have to personally interact with other players to barter, this is the same case with mats and gems, the mindset is that it's like a Piñata that breaks and showers candies, you pick them up one by one for the thrill and enjoyment.

2. 500 Blood Shard Limit: It prevents players from hoarding shards and is instructive for new players on what their purpose is, it allows players to properly assess and manage your expectations when looking for a particular item.

3. Trials: it is a convenient system to accurately gauge the capabilities of player(s) on what GR level they are capable of, this ensures that you will play the correct level of difficulty based on your overall character capacity.

So in conclusion, most of these concerns that some players raised were non-issues to begin with, they were implemented not for the detriment but for the benefit of the game and player experience as a whole.

1. Too cheap to spend the time and money to address.
2. Too cheap to spend the time and money to address.
3. Too cheap to spend the time and money to address.

Profit >>>> player happiness.

I beg to disagree.
02/13/2015 04:06 AMPosted by zarakis
02/13/2015 03:35 AMPosted by SirDerp

i don't agree with you all the time. this time is an exception. poe desynch is insane.

Indeed, and it's unfixable because of how their game is coded.
having to teleport out of a rift every time i get a blood goblin is "fun and instructive"

and my piles of low inaccurate trial keys ill never use are convenient

thanks for reminding me how fun/convenient it is

is there a way to check grift records on the forums? i think no one should be able to make suggestions for this game unless they have done solo 40+
Congrats on over 100 down votes. That's gotta be a new record. How do you feel SirDerp?
02/15/2015 11:03 AMPosted by Splatmaster
having to teleport out of a rift every time i get a blood goblin is "fun and instructive"

and my piles of low inaccurate trial keys ill never use are convenient

thanks for reminding me how fun/convenient it is

is there a way to check grift records on the forums? i think no one should be able to make suggestions for this game unless they have done solo 40+

This is the same argument with the Cauldron of Jordan back during development, others wanted it to be featured on release but the devs said we needed to return to town once in a while which is perfectly sensible.
D2 wherein you have to personally interact with other players to barter,

No you didnt...there were trading websites that you could post items and stuff to trade. Or you can just buy items from like d2legit.com

P.S. Have fun creating a public game (not passworded) in D2...and watch it get completely and utterly invaded by bots spamming the !@#$ out of the dialog box to the point where the chat box is unusable.
The trials are pointless. The design should be that everyone starts at level one, and you go from there. Every other time you go into a grift, you select up to the last one you've completed. If you're in a group, the max level you can go to is the lowest person in the group. There's no point in doing a 'trial' to try and get back to where you know you can be.

Blood shard cap also needs to be raised. When they made costs go up 5x, the logical solution would've been to make the cap go up 5x. Nobody likes to repeatedly run back to gamble all the time.

Mats should be auto pickup like gold. I can understand the devs not wanting everything on auto pickup, but gems and mats should be auto pickup.