Time to remove ''BOA'' and bring back trading ?

Items and Crafting
Prev 1 5 6 7 8 Next
Time for people who don't understand why BoA is necessary for the integrity of the game, and they want open trading, for them to find another game.
02/07/2015 04:49 AMPosted by Shadout
An expansion selling less than the base game? Amazing and shocking.Especially when the base game was as disappointing as Diablo 3 was. Surely, that could not have influenced the reception of RoS.

The funniest part is that people like yourself, the ones who were against trading, would not buy until there was BoA.

And yes, an expansion does not always sell as many as the original but it is still truly bad for a game like this.

Interestingly enough, Diablo II sold 4.2 million and the expansion, LoD, sold 2.5 million over half the original.

There is nothing wrong with trading in an ARPG. If there was then Diablo II would not have survived as long nor would any of the other ARPGs that are currently still running.
<span class="truncated">...</span>

Yes a RMT site. Over time they have figured out how to launder the money using their medium but not to be fooled they are a rmt site and have been a pox on Diablo since Day one when like I said they sold their first bot. I would say they have done more to hurt Diablo and Blizzard than any other site out there. I guess if you want to call buying and selling trade then that is up to you. But don't come here and try to say that it is just a trade site.

D2 is alive because of the graces of blizzard. They should have pulled the plug on it years ago. Also as long as the parasites can keep making money off it it will survive until Blizzard shuts the servers down, then possibly after that from Pirated, private servers . Greed is the only thing fueling that cesspool at this time.

You're really missing that lunch money aren't you. Go sit in the pouting corner with all the other D2jsp losers because open trade is not coming . And take some advice from your name.

There's something inherently adorable about someone spewing vitriol on a web forum about trading calling someone a child. It's a level of delusion which again, strongly suggest some form of mental imbalance that probably requires medication.

Well lets review:

BoA WINS You LOSE, You have offered nothing of merit in defense of trade aside from the fact you miss it and want it back. You deny the truth about D2JSP even though there is years of history verifying what I stated.

I did not call you a child, adults pout. I only said that because after all is said and done this trade whining, and that is what it is whining can change nothing yet you whine on and on. All this and you can't bring a viable reason to the table that can show BoA has failed not even an alternative to it.

BoA has stopped the sale of legs, mats and gold, a fact you seem painfully aware of. It has worked as Blizzard had expected.

Trade helped destroy D2 through the presence of third part sites. We all know that some simply refuse to accept the fact. Blizzard will not make that mistake again with D3.

We had a chance. We had the Ah's. The Gold ah was exploited by flippers and the rmah even with it's benefits to the players was billed ad greed on Blizzard part. All while members of the community chose to go to third party sites to save pennies on the dollar as opposed to supporting fellow members.

Now people can't understand why Blizzard will not expand trade in D3.

A year or better and gee the game is still here. While you and the d2jsp crowd have not sold a leg, mat or gold in the game.
I too hope BOA is removed, I wish for a Diablo II with Diablo III graphics
I spent so much on the RMAH and want the classic Diablo III back with normal, nightmare, hell and Inferno difficulties
02/08/2015 08:38 AMPosted by SirRight
Time for people who don't understand why BoA is necessary for the integrity of the game, and they want open trading, for them to find another game.

Did you tell that to Diablo II players? No?

The truth was that the problem was the RMAH. If that wasn't there D3 trading would be fine. But then again D3s main issue was not trading or the RMAH, it was the end game. It was the fact that vanilla was so bad that I went from without a single legendary item until the first major patch that changed that (1.03). There was no end game except to grind and hope you get an item good enough that you could survive in Act II.

RoS at least added some sort of end game or fun.

The sad thing is that people who are against trading seem to think that was the only issue with the game. If it was then they wouldn't have had to change the entire game so drastically multiple times.
02/07/2015 03:59 AMPosted by WildPants
no

/thread
02/08/2015 08:55 AMPosted by jimmysmitty

The truth was that the problem was the RMAH. If that wasn't there D3 trading would be fine.

wrong

got any more lies?
Actually you can still sell some of the pre patch legs on d2jsp for a fair amount..such as witching hour. No idea why..as far as d2jsp goes I would say it actually helped Diablo 2..as trading in game was incredibly annoying and time consuming and if you went into details..i.e. making a LLD character finding the items you sought was borderline impossible in-game trading. Everyone knows d2jsp's history of originally being a bot..and yeah it is a RMT site as you can directly buy FG from the site to use in a number of games beyond Diablos..but for the record I would say it helped a lot in D2 as most people didn't buy power, they sold items to get it.

D3 is fundamentally flawed. The Vanilla was a horrible idea with the AH's..the duping was directly related to Blizzard being ignorant and allowing account rollbacks or in one case an AH glitch, unlike D2 which people found tedious methods to lag the servers and load multiples of the same character with loaders and multiple cdkey sets..bots still exist though they don't affect the general playerbase since BoA..PvP is still pretty much non existent which is really the only thing that kept me personally playing D2 for 8 yrs.

Trading allowed or not could care less really..I like the current rate of drops..sometimes I wish I could give stuff to friends that I don't need anymore..but at the end of the day I have no intentions of playing more than a few weeks at a time anyway..since you know..PvE endgame is ZZZZZZ endgame..still waiting on a half decent PvP system.
haven't really done any of the things your straw-man did. I also stopped reading after the first sentence because again, you seem like a mentally unstable crackpot and I don't make a habit of reading that kind of drivel.

There it is his defense of trade. Deny the facts deflect with name calling. Reminds me of Faux news.

Well so be it. I'm sure this will influence Blizzard, ya right :-).

You see this is about all the trade crowd has to offer now. Granted we have seen hundreds of ideas, all exploitable and all based on I want to give an item to my friend. Well their friend getting the occasional item cannot offset the harm of trade and third party sites.

BtW to clarify many of the trade posts simply replace the word "Give" with "Sell"
02/07/2015 04:00 AMPosted by Shadout
02/07/2015 03:41 AMPosted by Max
The game got any better since it was introduced ?

Yeah, a lot.

No it hasn't, not with regards to actual set diversity and build diversity. While trading wouldn't fix that problem, it would at least let more people try the builds.
02/08/2015 09:09 AMPosted by Lane
02/07/2015 04:00 AMPosted by Shadout
Yeah, a lot.

No it hasn't, not with regards to actual set diversity and build diversity. While trading wouldn't fix that problem, it would at least let more people try the builds.
build diverstiy is at a pretty high point currently

got any more lies?
02/08/2015 08:55 AMPosted by jimmysmitty

The truth was that the problem was the RMAH. If that wasn't there D3 trading would be fine. But then again D3s main issue was not trading or the RMAH, it was the end game. It was the fact that vanilla was so bad that I went from without a single legendary item until the first major patch that changed that (1.03). There was no end game except to grind and hope you get an item good enough that you could survive in Act II.

RoS at least added some sort of end game or fun.

The sad thing is that people who are against trading seem to think that was the only issue with the game. If it was then they wouldn't have had to change the entire game so drastically multiple times.

We have trading in the game...just play with friends/clansmates to trade all the Best-in-Slot items. Open trading is not finding items using the intended game dynamics and leads to botting to get items vice just playing the game.

If people are not playing a loot finding game to find loot and have fun then they need to find another game to stroke their epeen.

People should stop trying to change this game but instead they should ask for a separate but totally optional Tradecore mode of play (selectable via checkbox upon character creation). Heck, it could even have a Gold Auction House and there could be botting, flipping, trading, whatever their little hearts desired. Then we would have a separation of the people who want to find their own items and those that just want to be leet without putting in the time.
02/08/2015 09:21 AMPosted by FishEngineer
Don't listen to the BOA fanboys OP. This game was much better with trading. The only reason the OP got so many down votes is because all the traders have moved on from this game, leaving only a few BOA people around to argue with themselves.
wrong

got any more lies?
02/08/2015 08:09 AMPosted by Temper
It's a lot more fun seeing the rivers of tears flowing all over the forum about players being ripped off,their accounts compromised and pilfered or not being able to afford or have anything of value to trade for top end gear.

players being ripped off....
> if there is a bug which allows to rip off people, developer has to fix it.... seriously, 99+% of the developers manage to make trading very safe......
> when there are no bugs.... players fault.... check 3 times before you accept....
> if a player drops on ground for trading.... players fault..... there should be some learning effect after such an idiotic move....

accout compromised.....
> make sure you don't open e-mails for that game (seriously, i'm ignoring everything)....especially those which demand password or have any files attached....
> if someone gives his account data to 3rd party site.... players fault..... there should be some learning effect after such an idiotic move....
> check for viruses/malware at least once a week, always check after accidently hitting or via pop-up an unknown/untrusted website while surfing
> and I'm sure there are more things which prevent the account become compromised

top end gear
> farm.... demanding to have high-end gear after playing 10 hours? seriously? tell them to cry somewhere else....
Well lets see A person wants a poll to show Blizzard that trade is supported, well he hopes it will

However it does not matter one Bit. It does not chage the fact that third party sites can no longer sell leg, gold and mats in d3. That is a fact. it is not a some want trade, some don't issue. It is a mitigate the third party sites issue.

Don't these people understand they could never get a poll with enough pro trade people that would be bigger than the amount of people that quit the game because of Boa. Don't they understand that Blizzard expected them to quit and in the case of many wanted them to quit.

They knew what would happen and to they're credit made the tough decision.
02/07/2015 03:59 AMPosted by WildPants
no

/thread