SO MAD!!!! they want us to play WOW now

General Discussion

02/13/2015 02:52 AMPosted by JoeShmo
There is nothing casual about Diablo 3. You have to put in hundreds of hours into each character. If you casually did that...you would still be in vanilla content..and in 2012.

it was thousands of hours into each char at vanilla......so d3 is totally casual now...

That's entirely not true. You could spend 5 minutes buying gold / items from the AH / RMAH. There was no way to quantify time spent in the game in vanilla unless you made an artificial stipulation of "self found only", which was not the norm of the game at all ( whether we liked it or not ).

The game was still absurdly time consuming in either case. Still not casual.
02/13/2015 02:59 AMPosted by DrEbola
i got my furnace off kadala during the bonus, and your kridershot isnt any rarer......

I was talking about Rimeheart/Sunkeeper/Solanium/Thunderfury and not that !@#$ty Kridershot.....

02/13/2015 02:59 AMPosted by DrEbola
they know the only thing keeping this game alive are those 1% category drops.
if you could get everything you needed in one day, its over.
you might want to say no this is not true... but its true

well, removal of bloodshard cap would increase the speed for obtaining those items by <0,1% (only time for teleporting is cut out)
02/13/2015 03:00 AMPosted by JoeShmo
That's entirely not true. You could spend 5 minutes buying gold / items from the AH / RMAH. There was no way to quantify time spent in the game in vanilla unless you made an artificial stipulation of "self found only", which was not the norm of the game at all ( whether we liked it or not ).

I spent 600+ hours for my mid DH in 1.08 (yes, i've played selffound only).......i spent 100 hours for high/high-end DH in 2.00+...... and you want to tell me that the game hasn't turned into casual? you gotta be kidding/trolling....
02/13/2015 03:04 AMPosted by Alukat
02/13/2015 03:00 AMPosted by JoeShmo

I spent 600+ hours for my mid DH in 1.08 (yes, i've played selffound only).......i spent 100 hours for high/high-end DH in 2.00+...... and you want to tell me that the game hasn't turned into casual? you gotta be kidding/trolling....

Well for 1...you didn't make an accurate comparison at all.

For 2...you don't seem to understand how 100 hours is not casual.
Well for 1...you didn't make an accurate comparison at all. [doesn't get explained/proofed]

For 2...you don't seem to understand how 100 hours is not casual.[ad hominem/no explaination]

obviously trolling
02/12/2015 08:36 PMPosted by Neblor
02/11/2015 01:16 AMPosted by SirDerp
What exactly is wrong with the dev's statement? Diablo has never been a hardcore game, it's always been a casual loot hunt since D1, when I'm worn out from playing D3 I play Pokemon Omega Ruby on my 3DS and when I feel like playing another game I switch to other console games.
wonder how those who just bought d3 will think, I just bought d3 and d3 devs want me to play wow

You hear what you want to hear. They never said they want you to go play WoW. They said it's alright if you leave the game after reaching personal specific goals to play another game and then feel like coming back if a new season starts or something. WoW was used just as an example. The guy could have easily used any other game as an example, and that wouldn't have altered the reasoning behind the statement. If you actually understood the context under which the statement was made, you'd realize this, but it seems for the majority it's simply better to jump on the next hate bandwagon available and stick to it without actually knowing what the heck they were talking about. Hating is easy and doesn't require a lot of effort. Criticizing rationally seems a little harder for most since you actually have to substantiate your arguments with factual evidence to make a valid point. Neither you nor the OP did.

I've been a pretty outspoken critic of this game, and still think they've made a metric ton of mistakes, but that doesn't mean I also stick to unfair hate bandwagons based on deliberately misleading quote mining. Hive mind mentality at work, I guess. Very sad stuff.
02/13/2015 03:02 AMPosted by Alukat
I was talking about Rimeheart/Sunkeeper/Solanium/Thunderfury and not that !@#$ty Kridershot....

my mistake you said "DH" what are you trying to do? be strafe/grenadier? lol

oh and by the way i have landed every one of those one handers in ancient form
also including the shard of hate, which is well over 3k dps.
check out the "int" thunderfury on my wizards templer.

BOA FOR LIFE
you keep what you kill
if you ever get bored of d3, try path of exile or wildstar, i played WoW before and I just can't get back into it
02/13/2015 03:14 AMPosted by DrEbola
my mistake you said "DH" what are you trying to do? be strafe/grenadier? lol

Rimeheart freezing-grenades/bola DH
and Thunderfury/Sunkeeper/Solanium-FoK DH ^^
and maybe something spiketrappish ^^

strafe doesn't work with melee weapons ;)

Anyway, it's a DH not a stupid ranger, that's why the ranged-only drop restriction is stupid...
WOW is a game that you pay to play and pay for each expansion. Diablo is a pay once, (or for the expansions, but thats it) and play as long as you like it. Blizzard doesnt want D3 to last TOO long. Blizzard wants D3 to be a starter drug to get you hooked on WOW. There are many ties between the two, anyway. Kerrigans Wings, Thunderfury, etc. Its all BUSINESS.

Think about it, why do you think they refuse to make D3 offline mode? They can turn off the switch TOMORROW and then D3 is gone forever. Thats one reason why I say Blizzard is power mad and act so condescending to us. They have a god complex, are in COMPLETE control and do what they want, no matter what their customers want. They do not want us to play D3 forever and will one day take it away from us. Support WILL go away one day and the D3 servers WILL be turned off or given new purpose. This isn't D1, this isn't D2, the customers own NOTHING. You can jam D1 or D2 in your machine right now and play it. D3 is not YOUR game its theirs, and they see it as a stepping stone to their cash cow, WOW.
02/13/2015 03:10 AMPosted by Alukat
Well for 1...you didn't make an accurate comparison at all. [doesn't get explained/proofed]

For 2...you don't seem to understand how 100 hours is not casual.[ad hominem/no explaination]

obviously trolling
Begging the question.

See also: Authority Fallacy, Empty Words, and what "Ad Hominem" actually means.

If anything....you use more "Ad hominem" than anyone else in here.
02/13/2015 03:17 AMPosted by Alukat
Anyway, it's a DH not a stupid ranger, that's why the ranged-only drop restriction is stupid...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DMKUMriSHZA
02/13/2015 02:38 AMPosted by JoeShmo
People typically don't stop playing a game because all games progress into infinite and they are designed to never be completed. Because overwhelmingly, nobody designs games to do that.

People typically don't stop playing a game mid way because of personal goals reached. Nobody stopped playing minecraft because they got that iron sword crafted and felt fulfilled at the game. Nobody stopped playing Black Ops after they used their first Tactical Nuke...because that's all they wanted to do in the game. Nobody stopped playing WoW at level 40, because Maraudon was the pinnacle of MMO experience.

They stopped, because they got bored.....or completed the game.

Blizzard, on the other hand, seems to believe that Diablo 3 is about making goals....reaching them..and then quitting for a while.

Nobody designs games like that, and nobody plays games like that.

massive +1

i think they're trying to explain away why players keep leaving then popping their heads back in an leaving again. but no matter what kind of spin they try to put on it, frankly it's kinda sad.

IF this direction was their actual intent and they designed the game to reach this objective(which i don't believe at all), then the game was !@#$ed from the start.

i mean, realistically what self-made goals would a player have that would fit into this direction? i can only think of one - reaching a certain paragon level.

diablo is a loot grinding game. the overwhelming objectives of many players is to get a certain vaunted item, most commonly an ancient furnace (or torch for monks).

when they finally get that item, players don't quit. PERIOD.

they want it so they can use it. not equip it and call it a day.

the only games i know that use the approach don vu mentioned are games like candy crush and crossy road. and if THAT's the direction the devs want to take d3 in, i'm very concerned.

EXTREMELY concerned.
I wonder how the massive amount of idiocy in this post manages to survive day to day life. You're really complaining about them saying

"Hey we're not going to suck the life out of you and make you play this game all day everyday."

So with the mentality of the majority of the posters here. I'm guessing a few things.

1. You literally have no life but Diablo 3.
2. You have no life outside of a video game.
3. You have no friends in real life.
4. You lack education.
5. You lack common sense.
6. You lack a personality.
7. You have nothing better to do than sit around and play Diablo 3 for 16hrs a day.

All because you were told "You can do something else."
quality over quantity...stop using playtime as a basis for any argument...it is demeaning to diablo players
02/13/2015 02:52 AMPosted by JoeShmo
02/13/2015 02:48 AMPosted by Alukat

well, in the beginning the game was very difficult and it took very long to progress..... playing a bit got you nowhere......
Then there came the people to the forum and complained that everything takes too long and that it's very difficult...... so they nerfed the difficult (see inferno nerf) and cut off a whole bunch of progression (see 2.0).... in addtion to adjusting to the community (appearently mostly casuals) they are now even stating that they've have adjusted (play a bit - totally casual)......

and now they get flamed for adjusting to the community? you gotta be kidding......

If you demand a casual game, don't cry when you get a casual game

There is nothing casual about Diablo 3. You have to put in hundreds of hours into each character. If you casually did that...you would still be in vanilla content..and in 2012.

Have to put hundreds of hours into each character to do what exactly? To complete campaign? To have T6 on farm? Or to reach some arbitrary Grift level? Please tell me you was joking when you said there is nothing casual about Diablo3, like come on man.
02/13/2015 04:19 AMPosted by Zyzoxing

hello!

my interpretation of it was more to the tune of "you can do something else and the game will always be here for you to come back later."

i think i interpreted the statement correctly.

don't you think that is something a candy crush or crossy road dev would probably say, instead of an arpg dev describing his game which is all about loot hunting and grinding?
02/13/2015 04:40 AMPosted by zarakis
02/13/2015 04:19 AMPosted by Zyzoxing

hello!

my interpretation of it was more to the tune of "you can do something else and the game will always be here for you to come back later."

i think i interpreted the statement correctly.

don't you think that is something a candy crush or crossy road dev would probably say, instead of an arpg dev describing his game which is all about loot hunting and grinding?

No I think that is a statement every company would make about their games. Why? Because games are dynamic and changing when they are online. They understand that not every player has the time or ability to play everyday and many will not play everyday. But they want you to remain a customer so they want to say "Hey the door is always open for you."

Do you really want company's saying..."If you can't play this game everyday don't even buy it we don't want you."

It's absurd because that is exactly the opposite of telling you to come and go as you please.
02/10/2015 10:21 PMPosted by Zyron
This is what some of us knew from the moment they let blizz north go, they wanted PC Diablo to be a passing amusement, & little more.
Disgusted.

Just a reminder the folks at blizzard north turned their backs on Diablo and QUIT.
02/10/2015 06:47 PMPosted by bloggs123
remember guys in the tavern talk they said d3 is a game that when you have completed what you want you can play other games like WOW then come back.

I am trying very hard to see the part that says " Ok guys , we WANT you to play warcraft instead , infact Diablo 3 is something we DONT want you playing all the time.

Oh...they did not say that...looks like another angry player with a ridiculous tittle to his post....as if blizzard is going to change the world for you based on your terrible topic.

I dont know why they ignore the forums...and use twitter....and intergrate twitter into their games : / I just dont know why they would do that...