The Devs' Thoughts on Realm of Trials

General Discussion
1 2 3 7 Next
"The Realm of Trials was designed to be a convenience to the players."

-D3 Tavern Talk
Clearly, working as intended amirite.
convience to DH and raekors Barb is about it lol.
key word, designed. doesnt mean it is. did they say anything about changing it at all? just woke up.
02/10/2015 12:07 PMPosted by timnor
key word, designed. doesnt mean it is. did they say anything about changing it at all? just woke up.

"Reasons why the trial system hasn't been removed (yet): it's hard to choose a greater rift in a new multiplayer group."
02/10/2015 12:07 PMPosted by Gadra
convience to DH and raekors Barb is about it lol.

Honestly, is it even a convenience to them? Sure they can do Trials better than any other class, but it's still not a convenience.
Nothing in trials is convenient for Barb. Nearly all Barb players have to make a zdps sader or a DH to get keys.
It was designed to be a convenience, because before Trials you started at Greater Rift level 1 and advanced from there every time. Trials were designed as a way to skip this process.

According to the devs, removing/modifying the Trials system has definitely been talked about and they are aware of the issues.
Is there any site that sums up this info to re-read?
02/10/2015 12:16 PMPosted by theremon

Summary:

Fans: "Stash? PVP? Trade? Class balance? THud? Blood shard cap?"
Blizzard: "Trials are convenient"
That's a bit ridiculous.

My wizard can do Rifts around 35ish without too much drama (and higher if I'm lucky), but I can usually only get up to around trial 32. Why?

...because I run out of arcane power and can't kill things fast enough.
Nothing whatsoever to do with my ability, just because the stupid trials last so long that it breaks my build.
02/10/2015 12:08 PMPosted by Mattman
"Reasons why the trial system hasn't been removed (yet): it's hard to choose a greater rift in a new multiplayer group."

So same old, same old. Bull spit answers that barely make any sense at all or flat out avoidance of the issue. Well I suppose it's good to know nothing has changed.
02/10/2015 12:13 PMPosted by zarquon
It was designed to be a convenience, because before Trials you started at Greater Rift level 1 and advanced from there every time. Trials were designed as a way to skip this process.

According to the devs, removing/modifying the Trials system has definitely been talked about and they are aware of the issues.

A good system to me would be...

Everyone starts on GRift Level 1. According to how fast they finish level 1, they will be rewarded their next highest key (Like it is now). Each level progressed through will be unlocked. The player would repeat this with 2 player, 3 player, and 4 player groups to unlock for each. Once unlocked, you can purchase the desired GRift Level Key for one GRift Keystone.
02/10/2015 12:23 PMPosted by Awen
That's a bit ridiculous.

My wizard can do Rifts around 35ish without too much drama (and higher if I'm lucky), but I can usually only get up to around trial 32. Why?

...because I run out of arcane power and can't kill things fast enough.
Nothing whatsoever to do with my ability, just because the stupid trials last so long that it breaks my build.

The Wizards only viable set (Firebird) just isn't designed to kill in the manner that you need to in order to get those higher GRift keys. It's why Realm of Trials needs to be replaced ASAP.
it would be a lot more convenient to just look at a players sheet damage and toughness and offer a recommended GR.
I fail to see where the convenience part kicks in.
02/10/2015 12:20 PMPosted by Momo
02/10/2015 12:16 PMPosted by theremon

Summary:

Fans: "Stash? PVP? Trade? Class balance? THud? Blood shard cap?"
Blizzard: "Trials are convenient"

Translation: We dont speak english. We speak blizzard, and blizzard dont care!
The convenience is that they can pat themselves on the back and say they did well.
A bloat question to answer the problem they created.

problem action solution. they make the action,we talk about the problem they come up with the solution that is apparent to anyone of intelligence.

Blizz will be like trials you set to x of the completed rift levels or lower..
We all be like we love you blizz.

The PR stunts with this game/development team are boring.
Same with the lame tavern talk.

Give us feedback about grievance,Not this dog and pony show!
Blizzard avoids answering real questions with real answers because they are just mostly idiots, not totally idiots.

They know that the truth would not be accepted, so they dodge, evade, avoid, redirect and twist all answers.

They want us to play a certain way. It does not matter to them that it's not fun to play that way.

It also does not seem to matter to them that there is a group of D3 players that will never buy another Blizzard game or expansion.