Insane Marauder's Build

Demon Hunter
My DH was a typical CA build before I completed 4 peices of the Marauder's set. I went from soloing T3 to T6 without breaking a sweat!

I still had the Reapers Wraps and Cindercoat from my CA build so I had no problems keeping my hatred up for continuous CA bombardment.

Then I found an Ancient Bombadier's Rucksack that gave me 2 additional sentries!!

I'm now doing lvl 30 GRs but was wondering if there are any obvious ways to improve the build for even more insanity?

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Justinian-6893/hero/7024968
I'm glad you're enjoying the build. Here are a few things you could do to make it even more OP:

- complete the 6 piece set, possibly with an rorg. Each active (=on the current map level) sentry increases your damage 100%.
- craft an ancient arcane barb. You aren't set up for a fast weapon like the blitzbolter.
- put emeralds in your chest and pants.
- put a diamond in your helm.
- use zei's gem rather than pain enhancer.

gl and hf.
Doh! I just crafted the perfect ancient arcane barb and stuffed up the reroll accidentally.

I'm wondering if the diamond in helm really helps that much? 12.5% faster cooldown doesn't sound as good as something like 25% more health.

Thanks for the pointers :)
02/15/2015 11:36 PMPosted by Justinian
I'm wondering if the diamond in helm really helps that much? 12.5% faster cooldown doesn't sound as good as something like 25% more health.

You have health up the A$$, especially for lvl 30 Grifts. Getting 12.5 cooldown means basically going from 8 second sentry to 7 second sentries, which is well worth it.

Your gear and skills aren't optimally set up. Try looking at the profiles of people like Tiem, Lollz, gooball etc. or even me. (though I lack some key pieces like WH etc.)
OK, I made some improvements to the build:

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Justinian-6893/hero/7024968

- upped my dex through gems
- swapped in ancient bow
- swapped out life bonus amulet for socket with Bane of the Powerful
- swapped out Pain Enhancer with Zei's Stone
- swapped out Marauders boots for legs so I could equip Ice Climbers.
The largest improvement you can make is to complete the Marauders set. Ring of Royal Grandeur + 5 pieces of Mara + Cindercoat, or just all 6 pieces of Marauders set. Craft an Arcane Barb, your set up is ideal with a slow hard hitting 2 hand xbow.
02/16/2015 08:33 PMPosted by Hayduck
your set up is ideal with a slow hard hitting 2 hand xbow.

This has been mentioned a few times but I'm not sure why. Could you please elaborate?
Holy crap, I just got the carapace, completing the set. The damage is INSANE since I can have 5 sentries up at once.

Does anyone know if increased sentry damage is better than CA damage for this build?
Ok rookie, I say rookie because M6 has been a monster for a long time now, it's nothing new. First off you do not run loaded for bear. You should be running basically an old M6 build with a few slight alterations.

This means you run ballistics. What ballistics does is effectively double the damage of your rocket attacks. This combined with CA:Shooting Star, CA:Maelstrom or MS:Arsenal is extremely strong. It seems pretty straightforward across the board. Physical is running CA:Shooting Star, Cold is running CA:Maelstrom, and Fire is running MS:Arsenal.

Even fire DHs are mainly using polar station for the chilled application. This will let you swap your generator because chilling an entire area with one click > 2 or 4 monsters per auto attack.

No prep? You telling me you are Hatred capped all the time and perma spamming? I doubt it, you could probably benefit from Prep:Punishment. Use Vault:Tumble, this is not your DPS ability, it is only for covering ground and dodging elite pack abilities.

The reason a slow hitting 2h xbow is > Bow is because you do not have an infinite supply of hatred, and not enough to sustain spamming of your spender with a bow. You should never be out of hatred, if monsters are up you should be placing sentries and spamming your spender. This will be the thing holding back your DPS.

To answer your last question: You should be running CA or MS on quiver boots helm and sentry damage on shoulders chest.

Try it out, I haven't spent much time playing but I can already solo 35+ rifts and faceroll t6 rifts in about 2 minutes flat. Most my crits are over 175mil but I have many places for improvement.
02/16/2015 09:51 PMPosted by Fashizl
First off you do not run loaded for bear. You should be running basically an old M6 build with a few slight alterations.

This means you run ballistics. What ballistics does is effectively double the damage of your rocket attacks. This combined with CA:Shooting Star, CA:Maelstrom or MS:Arsenal is extremely strong. It seems pretty straightforward across the board. Physical is running CA:Shooting Star, Cold is running CA:Maelstrom, and Fire is running MS:Arsenal.

Even fire DHs are mainly using polar station for the chilled application. This will let you swap your generator because chilling an entire area with one click > 2 or 4 monsters per auto attack.

It depends, like most things. MS:Arsenal is the fastest fire build in T6, but CA:LFB goes further in group grifts.

Cold is generally preferred for solo grifts, because it gives more control. Fire is better for groups where a wd (or monk) is grouping up the enemies. Physical can be very strong for both solo and group setups.

Ballistics is a good choice for CA:Maelstorm, but not for other builds.

Fire DHs usually run polar sentry because it procs cull the weak, which is applied as its own multiplier in damage calculations, so is one of the strongest bonuses. Having said that, I don't use it in T6 'cos everything dies so fast that I don't rely on the sentries doing much.

OP currently has two pieces with CA damage, one with fire, so he'd need to change them if he were to use cold or MS.
Thanks for the advice guys, lots to take in but even just switching to MS I can see the difference in efficiency.

I completely overlooked prep which is now making tonnes of difference in damage output.

I will keep playing around and see what I like.
02/16/2015 11:04 PMPosted by Justinian
Thanks for the advice guys, lots to take in but even just switching to MS I can see the difference in efficiency.

If you run MS, then try and gamble or obtain a Cindercoat. This will provide a huge dps increase as you can fire off more MS. In order to do this you'll need to equip a RROG which is well worth using for a Cindercoat.

You should run MS arsenal + ballistics. I think gooball forgot about MS arsenal when mentioning Ballistics. It basically turns your 300% damage rockets into 600% damage rockets which = better.

Check my set up for ideas as I run a MS Arsenal setup.
Keep an eye out for cinder oat if you want fire and farm for prides if you wanna run cold. Do you have an rorg?
you can try my build too
I can solo up to GR40 and group run up to GR50
T6 is a bit slow but almost everything dies in 1 hit
I don't have the extra pieces for MS build
02/16/2015 11:20 PMPosted by Belzec
You should run MS arsenal + ballistics. I think gooball forgot about MS arsenal when mentioning Ballistics. It basically turns your 300% damage rockets into 600% damage rockets which = better.

Yea I'm really loving the multishot build.

02/17/2015 04:52 AMPosted by shingO
Keep an eye out for cinder oat if you want fire and farm for prides if you wanna run cold. Do you have an rorg?

Unfortunately I don't have rorg. Otherwise I would definitely be using cindercoat.
02/17/2015 07:11 AMPosted by Justinian
02/16/2015 11:20 PMPosted by Belzec

Yea I'm really loving the multishot build.

02/17/2015 04:52 AMPosted by shingO

Unfortunately I don't have rorg. Otherwise I would definitely be using cindercoat.

Ring of Royal Grandeur is easy for your Demon Hunter. Just spam Act 1 bounties with a good team. At torment 6, you have an extremely high, if not 100%, chance of a cache-exclusive legendary like the ring.

As for the belt, you can up your DPS through a Witching Hour. Keep in mind this belt is single-handedly the one belt that drives every DH mad trying to find. Expect a good 3000-6000+ Blood shards wasted.
only 1 WH ever dropped for me after wasting 60k shards
Another option for not getting 1-shot in solo G-Rifts is the double unity trick with your templar.

1 Unity for you
+
1 Unity for the templar who can't die
=
Permanent 50% damage reduction.

This isn't a bug apparently. It's a 100% intended. But in group play, your Traveler Pledge+Compass Rose set is a great combo for sheer raw Critical damage. But another option for groups is Stone of Jordan ring with a good roll+socket w/ an extremely well rolled Hellfire amulet for a 5th passive.
02/17/2015 07:27 AMPosted by CoolSam
At torment 6, you have an extremely high, if not 100%, chance of a cache-exclusive legendary like the ring.

It is exactly 100%. With 5 possible cache specific legendaries that gives you a 20% chance per cache to get a RoRG. With a good split farming group you can get a cache about every 5 min.

@OP: Thanks for this thread, it has me waxing nostalgic about when I made the transition from regular CA spam to M6 all that time ago. I had the exact same reaction when T6 suddenly became easy mode :D