Patch 2.2.0 first look.

General Discussion
1 2 3 9 Next
Enjoy did not see any posts here in the forum about it.

http://www.diablofans.com/news/48337-first-look-patch-2-2-0

Always love more gob's
i donno.., still seems like it's lacking quite a bit to be considered a big content update. Looks past the new items as everyone here should know they've been developed and been gathering dust for over a year. Same goes for the rift layouts.

Okay, cool. Three new goblins that drop the same stuff as other goblins but just interact differently. It's clear the developers are going to ride this train until the game dies as a pass for content.

No purpose for cosmetic options in Diablo... But why not for all the devoted role-players in this community.

New file system.... way to build your core filesystem around something you shouldn't have used in the first place. Welcome to May 15, 2012 Blizzard.
the new bounties sound awesome. more of these and less kill the boss. those are so unimaginitive.
02/19/2015 11:11 AMPosted by EPiCSMoKE
the new bounties sound awesome. more of these and less kill the boss. those are so unimaginitive.

I did overlook that. I do like that addition.
02/19/2015 11:11 AMPosted by EPiCSMoKE

I don't know, the new bounty sounded like: kill the boss lol. It's just undercoated with: find the good guy, OH NO, hes getting attack, defend him.

don't get me wrong tho, patch 2.2 seem like a good patch. I just hope it's coming out quickly because I doesn't seem like a major patch.
02/19/2015 11:24 AMPosted by Trickshaw
I'm sure it'll be great. I'll make sure to set an alarm for 3-4 months to remind me to care. I'm just personally tired of hearing about patches MONTHS in advance when any other game company out there could probably spit them out in a fraction of the time.

This patch was all but tested when season 2 started. They said there was a problem with making them both go live at the same time. So I would think it will be on the PTR soon and live as soon as all the bugs/exploits are worked out.
So are these new goblins going to be as bias towards ranged as the current ones are?

Because nothing says fun while playing strength melee like have to play a difficulty mind numbingly easy on the ridiculously small chance you might just might see a goblin and it might just might turn out to have a portal to Greed.
None of those changes make me want to pay $40 for the Reaper of Souls expansion pack.
Anyone find it hilarious that the DH gloves rolled Strength?
02/19/2015 11:33 AMPosted by HelloKitty
None of those changes make me want to pay $40 for the Reaper of Souls expansion pack.

Ten new sets is worth a lot to me. I already paid $20 for the expansion so I'm not really sharing your concern.

That said, what is with this infatuation with goblins? Did we really need 3 more goblin types? Focus on what's important please, Blizzard. Make the set changes count and fix up the crap legendaries please.

No rework on Helltooth set baffles me. That is the one set that needs the most work. Witch Doctors could use some love but apparently WD is going to get left way behind in the dust damage-wise in 2.2.
02/19/2015 11:39 AMPosted by Mochan
Did we really need 3 more goblin types?

I would go out on a limb here and say gob's are an easy add because the code is basically already there they just have to tweak it a bit .
Replacing mpq's isn't something like re-downloading the game?

Other than this, I liked some changes and the fact that there won't be a build nightmare this time due to balance changes...
Just keep it up blizzard. Keep adding more and more. I'll keep logging in.
02/19/2015 11:36 AMPosted by Mochan
Anyone find it hilarious that the DH gloves rolled Strength?

see my post #3

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/16410220858 =)

haha. terrible over sight.. TEAR a bull. haha.
Not enough new sets added. Not enough sets being changed. Not enough legendary items. Not enough legendary item fixes/changes.

This game is going on 4 years old now and this is it ? We're almost a year into RoS and this is !@#$ing it ? Majority of these set items and legendary items have been completely useless for the entire time d3 has been released.

The things that need to be done to this game are getting done at a snails pace.
02/19/2015 01:28 PMPosted by rated
The things that need to be done to this game are getting done at a snails pace.

<tinfoilhat>
assumption 1: "the things that need to be done" === new gear/gear changes
assumption 2: "snails pace" is caused by thorough testing of code.

tinfoil hat theory 1: CASC will allow them to "hot add" new maps/tiles without going through normal "patch cycle".
tinfoil hat theory 2: CASC will allow them to "hot add" new gear without going through normal "patch cycle".
02/19/2015 10:55 AMPosted by Agmo
Enjoy did not see any posts here in the forum about it.

http://www.diablofans.com/news/48337-first-look-patch-2-2-0

Always love more gob's

Thanks for sharing the preview for patch 2.2.0, Agmo!

I'll be really curious to hear people's thoughts once they've had the chance to try out the new content on the PTR – including what they like about it, what they don’t like about it, and what suggestions for improvement they have. I’m sure the new items will generate some cool new build ideas, both in our class forums and elsewhere.

For those reading who may have missed it, you can get a good overview of what's coming in the PTR at the above link from Diablo Fans or in our original blog post.