Patch 2.2.0 first look.

General Discussion
Prev 1 2 3 4 9 Next
Not a lot of build ideas to have around 6-piece sets. They're super boring and give little room for decision.
02/20/2015 01:10 AMPosted by Zen
Not a lot of build ideas to have around 6-piece sets. They're super boring and give little room for decision.

must agree with you sir.
02/19/2015 05:10 PMPosted by Tyvalir
02/19/2015 10:55 AMPosted by Agmo
Enjoy did not see any posts here in the forum about it.

http://www.diablofans.com/news/48337-first-look-patch-2-2-0

Always love more gob's

Thanks for sharing the preview for patch 2.2.0, Agmo!

I'll be really curious to hear people's thoughts once they've had the chance to try out the new content on the PTR – including what they like about it, what they don’t like about it, and what suggestions for improvement they have. I’m sure the new items will generate some cool new build ideas, both in our class forums and elsewhere.

For those reading who may have missed it, you can get a good overview of what's coming in the PTR at the above link from Diablo Fans or in our [url="http://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/17989719/first-look-patch-220-2-19-2015"]original blog post[/url].

Let me say I am absolutely disappointed by that preview. It feels like a slap in the face.
How many more threads do we need until the developers realize that the wizard class is completely underwhelming in GRifts and groupplay? How many times do people have to ask for more stash space? How many more times until we get an auto-picup for crafting materials?

After I read that no bigger changes are coming for the individual classes I almost stopped reading.
Who needs more goblins ?! What the heck?!
I feel strange. The custom profile things are the only thing I'm excited about.
just a query Tyvalir, but on PTR will we have a close to 100% drop chance on items for testing purposes?
PTR in 1Q march ? probably ...

But again not a single word about Helltooth set ... are they scared talking about it, because they dont know what to do with it ?

But on Diablo 3 stream they said that it will come with 2.2.0 patch ... change for this set.

Waiting ... I hope that they will come with some change for this set when PTR goes live
Finaly another big patch is comming, hope It will make game even better than 2.1.0 patch
Heh, for a "big patch" it's pretty lacking. Even more-so with a company as large and wealthy as Blizzard.

Everyone will be bored within 2 months.

For many.. much more quickly.
im actually kinda pumped to check out new dh set... im pretty over marauders turret crap... if there is a set that would further benefit bolas to be used with the 2h bow and the quiver it could be interesting
02/19/2015 05:19 PMPosted by Hypersonic
There are a number of ways to significantly boost the count. One is adapting an existing item effect for one class skill to another:

Example:
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/item/incense-torch-of-the-grand-temple

Add the skill cost reduction effect to a mighty weapon like http://us.battle.net/d3/en/item/blade-of-the-warlord and change the skill to Seismic Slam. Boom, new legendary.
Well, that has been done already.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/item/fury-of-the-vanished-peak

However, I do agree on what you said about the need for more legendary powers. I just wish they can make something more creative than just copy-pasting existing ones.
02/19/2015 11:11 AMPosted by Shadovex
i donno.., still seems like it's lacking quite a bit to be considered a big content update. Looks past the new items as everyone here should know they've been developed and been gathering dust for over a year. Same goes for the rift layouts.

Okay, cool. Three new goblins that drop the same stuff as other goblins but just interact differently. It's clear the developers are going to ride this train until the game dies as a pass for content.

No purpose for cosmetic options in Diablo... But why not for all the devoted role-players in this community.

New file system.... way to build your core filesystem around something you shouldn't have used in the first place. Welcome to May 15, 2012 Blizzard.

A system that has been used by WoW and all other Blizzard games for over for over a decade
It seems to have worked pretty well.
02/20/2015 02:50 AMPosted by ZydrateVials
I feel strange. The custom profile things are the only thing I'm excited about.

i think them moving the cosmetic stuff to their own UI was the only "in-game" thing i was interested in.

i am disappointed with their decisions to change 4 pc sets to 6 pc sets as it makes things very inflexible. i am disappointed they thought "more goblins!" was in any way needed instead of fixing auto-pickup and bloodshard cap. the new "bounties" arent really a new thing as that already exists. look at "lost mine" and the other one in ACT1 for saving the guys brother. they are "exploration" quests. they are just retagging and adding a few more bounties.

the class balance changes dont really mention anything concrete so its nothing anyone can get excited about negative or positive.

the CASC system seems like a really good change. they note that it will help them with patching, increase in game performance (slightly) due to faster asset handling, and they will be able to add new technologies in the future. they also say due to the way the system works the physical size of patches and such should be less.
02/20/2015 02:44 AMPosted by IamLoco
02/19/2015 05:10 PMPosted by Tyvalir
Thanks for sharing the preview for patch 2.2.0, Agmo!

I'll be really curious to hear people's thoughts once they've had the chance to try out the new content on the PTR – including what they like about it, what they don’t like about it, and what suggestions for improvement they have. I’m sure the new items will generate some cool new build ideas, both in our class forums and elsewhere.

For those reading who may have missed it, you can get a good overview of what's coming in the PTR at the above link from Diablo Fans or in our [url="http://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/17989719/first-look-patch-220-2-19-2015"]original blog post[/url].

Let me say I am absolutely disappointed by that preview. It feels like a slap in the face.
How many more threads do we need until the developers realize that the wizard class is completely underwhelming in GRifts and groupplay? How many times do people have to ask for more stash space? How many more times until we get an auto-picup for crafting materials?

After I read that no bigger changes are coming for the individual classes I almost stopped reading.
Who needs more goblins ?! What the heck?!

I was wondering the same thing. Community has been begging for these changes, and they totally go ignored. smh.
02/20/2015 08:09 AMPosted by Soulinet
However, I do agree on what you said about the need for more legendary powers. I just wish they can make something more creative than just copy-pasting existing ones.

you want to help them with ideas?
contribute to threads like this:
https://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/16200660178

Travis said in tavern talk that he had been pouring through the thread looking at all the ideas which even gave him new ideas. I have to admit that I have been posting in the thread a while now and my creativity is being stretched with the limitation of the thread rules which is "choose an ability" and make a legendary affix to go with it.

I can only imagine how hard it must be on them. Which is why I have stated in the past that they need to open a dialogue with the community for help. The community is thousands and thousands of minds which can provide a lot of interesting ideas.

It looks like at the very least Travis is looking at a good thread for ideas on what ppl are thinking makes good affixes.
02/19/2015 05:11 PMPosted by Archetype
Will the new sets be available in season only?

We don't have plans right now to make the three new Sets (Delsere’s Magnum Opus, Wrath of the Wastes, and Unhallowed Essence) coming in patch 2.2.0 exclusive to Season 3. That said, we're still determining which of the new Legendary items will be Seasonal to start.

Assuming the above is still the case when patch 2.2.0 goes live (which we're aiming to do between Season 2 and Season 3), then you'll be able to find the new Set items regardless of whether you're playing a Seasonal character.
What is the criteria for a season only item versus one that gets put into the core, non-seasonal game?
02/20/2015 12:22 PMPosted by Tyvalir
which we're aiming to do between Season 2 and Season 3

Sweet that would make us fans very happy, the sooner the better!
02/20/2015 12:29 PMPosted by innervation
What is the criteria for a season only item versus one that gets put into the core, non-seasonal game?
Player satisfaction?
will there be multi class seasonal legendaries? I would think those are mostly rings and mulets.
Random thought on the patch... I'm sad they are adding more goblins because that probably means less chances at getting the only two worth anything (blood shard and tormentor). Goblin who drops gold? Worthless. And the other two just sound like regular goblins more/less.