Patch 2.2.0 first look.

General Discussion
Prev 1 5 6 7 9 Next
Wasn't there suppose to be some mechanic introduced for us to do something with our excess gem? This was announced before Blizzcon if I remember (no specifics just that something was in the works).
Any update on this?
I don't see anything about trials beeing totally reworked.

STEP IT UP AND LISTEN TO THE COMMUNITY BLIZZARD!
about "quality of life" improvements/features/... consider the folowing ones.

- make it possible to enable & disable autopickup of: Potions, Gems, Materials (including souls)

- Correct/Overhaul the items that can drop for each respective class, e.g.: Wiz and DH can find some Shields. What are those classes supposed to do when they find a legendary shield??
"Oh great, a legendary. (: Looking at it... A shield?! <.< *Whatever it is: scrap*"

- Itemization is extremly bad. Most legendary items are simply useless. Tons of legendaries dont have any legendary power/affix (or roll with a 5th main stat). Delete them or make them stop dropping for any character who is lvl 70 and whose account is Paragon lvl 200 +
e.g.: There are legendary shoulders which can drop for Wiz (and DH as well). All of them are outright useless, so it's come to the point where I just scrap them without bothering to look at them (or even inspecting them when they are the only legendary items). Is that how a legendary item is supposed to be?

In addition, many legendaries are outright useless because they rolled with such abysmal stats that they'll be scrapped right away, e.g.:
01/15/2015 01:11 PMPosted by Kyrone
Edit: I actually found a Star of Azkaranth...surprise surprise, the stats were abysmal and it is unusable. Rarest item in the game = trash

This goes for ancient items as well. Ancient or not... If the rolls are abysmal then it is useless.

In addition... Many class-only-items are useless - meaning they can't be used for anything... Either you redesign them or delete them or wahtever... just take them out of the game.
e.g. - though Wiz might be the worst casel? -
- There are Wiz-class-only helms. All useless. (Even the new SlowTime-helm will be useless, cuz there is no space to use a legendary helm when you have to wear TnT and the set has only 6 items...)
- There is a Wiz-class-only belt. The effect goes like "mosters are slowed for X sec. while being affected from Black Hole". Is there supposed to be any sense to this effect?
- There are Wiz-class-only 2-hand-weapons. All are by far inferior to The Furnace.
- There are some Wiz-class-only 1-hand-weapons. Exactly 1 of them all is usefull (Serpent Sparker).
- There are some legendary Sources (Wiz-off-hands) with a legendary effect but... atm: all are useless. With the new Wiz-set and regarding that half of the skills it works with are totally unuseable - simply bec. they are useless by design (shock pulse, tornado) - and that Arcane Orb is tooooooo weak/bad, the Mirrorball source will become the only useful legendary source.

edit: forgot 2 things:
-balance out the seperate elements. fire element has the greatest support (and thats why many DH play fire - there's no other element with an item like Cindercoat. Sadly. It can give 20 % fire damage AND 30 % fire-skill-ressource-reduction. Lightning, Ice or Physical dont hold a candle, the Poison-element-support is by far inferior and I think there are Holy and Arcane lemental types as well, but compared to fire - they dont even count as "cant hold a candle": they are a new catagory: "cant even light the candle which they cant hold" ~.~ The point is that you dont have to introduce several different elemental-damage-types when some of them (like arcane) have no useful support and the fire type is in general the best, by far.

- make the Hellfire Amuletts (more) useful.

--> It should roll with some guaranteed useful stats. Therefore, change the selectable Hellfire Amuletts (at jeweler) to this:
(1) damage-orientated: rolls with guaranteed CC, CD and Socket.
(2) ZDPS/... orientated: rolls with guaranteed VIT, CDR and Socket.
[maybe a third: (3) defensive-orientated: rolls with guaranteed VIT, % Life and Socket]
Most players need a damage-orientated Amulett which means that it needs the following rolls:
Element
CDR
CC
Socket
i.e. you dont want the main stat (e.g. STR) on the Amulett.

--> The Wiz-passives are so weak that there is no motivation in trying to get a Hellfire Amulett. Even when trying to make 40 of those for Wiz, there will most likely be ZERO useful ones. Sadly.
so when is 2.2.0 coming out?

s2 or s3?
02/22/2015 03:58 AMPosted by JJHardaway
so when is 2.2.0 coming out?

s2 or s3?

most likely short before the end of season 2, just like last patch ( speculation ).

When exactly this will be? Noone knows, because Diablo 3 is the only game in the world where a "season" is a completely indefinite amount of time.
02/22/2015 05:01 AMPosted by error37
most likely short before the end of season 2, just like last patch ( speculation )

Blizz stated they don't want to do that for 2.2.0. On going patch cycle is End of Season -> patch -> New Season.

I get the feeling "end of season" will be determined by the actual release date of the patch.
I am disappointed in season two I done all me and my missions so what is next to I go back through all of the of the adventure modes and have an the dungeons or do I start all over again with chapter 1 thank you slowmmoe
to seraphita I totally agree with you on the Wizard I only play in normal play I have found what you have said is very true however it still is fun to play the Wizard hard-core you die to much I have not been able to get any character through hard-core the only thing that works for me is the lightning mode and fireball when you start a new character use you start with the basics sometimes it's not enough when you are playing a Wizard you can dies sometimes very quickly I would like to see it Wizard when you start it has a little more power as you level up thank you slowme
For life improvement, when playing solo greater rift, why make us wait staring at our computer when we die? Can we just revive instantly, and taking the penalty by having the time bar jumping forward. The gaming experience will just be greater. Cheers guys.
In addition to R-Gifts stacking to 100, my other requests (in order of importance):

1. I'd like to see rift keys stack 500 and trial keys stack 500.
2. I'd like to see crafting materials stack to 10.000.

Right now I keep extra stacks of both on another character.
What about the new zone ?
02/19/2015 08:12 PMPosted by Phantom
Let's hope the set make Wiz competitive in terms of dps

We've heard several players express the desire for Wizards to have more build possibilities, in both solo and group play, especially for higher Greater Rifts.

With the PTR for patch 2.2.0 coming up, and players trying out new Set items (such as Delsere's Magnum Opus), we're hoping to see some engaging and (ultimately) high-end viable builds for that class. With our community's helpful theorycrafters pitching in, the new builds people discover are bound to become even better.

Even so, our goal of providing items that will increase build diversity is never truly done. After all, Diablo III is an ever-evolving game, and (to that end) we intend to keep adding items that will encourage players to explore new builds.

As Wyatt mentioned early in our most recent Tavern Talk livestream, the class currently considered the best can change, even multiple times, in the span of a single Season. Regardless of which class is currently considered best, our goal remains the same: create more fun and engaging play styles for players of every class to enjoy.
02/24/2015 11:09 AMPosted by Tyvalir
02/19/2015 08:12 PMPosted by Phantom
Let's hope the set make Wiz competitive in terms of dps

We've heard several players express the desire for Wizards to have more build possibilities, in both solo and group play, especially for higher Greater Rifts.

With the PTR for patch 2.2.0 coming up, and players trying out new Set items (such as Delsere's Magnum Opus), we're hoping to see some engaging and (ultimately) high-end viable builds for that class. With our community's helpful theorycrafters pitching in, the new builds people discover are bound to become even better.

Even so, our goal of providing items that will increase build diversity is never truly done. After all, Diablo III is an ever-evolving game, and (to that end) we intend to keep adding items that will encourage players to explore new builds.

As Wyatt mentioned early in our most recent Tavern Talk livestream, the class currently considered the best [url="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ol4_xSTpHns&t=21m05s"]can change[/url], even multiple times, in the span of a single Season. Regardless of which class is currently considered best, our goal remains the same: create more fun and engaging play styles for players of every class to enjoy.

Please improve Firebird during PTR too :) Firebird is kind of boring. Fire Spenders should be much stronger while using Firebird :)
02/19/2015 05:39 PMPosted by Nevalistis
We recognize that many players have expressed an interest in microtransactions

I'm curious as to the difference in number of players quantified as "several"
who have expressed desire for an improved state of wizards vs. recognizing "many" players expressing interest in micro transactions. How's the info being gathered for blizz to recognize that a solid amount of players want a change in a specific area?

Anyway, I'd go out on a limb and say many more players want changes to wizards vs. the "many" as Nevalistis stated who want implementation of micro transactions. The game needs one more than the other as well.
As Wyatt mentioned early in our most recent Tavern Talk livestream, the class currently considered the best can change, even multiple times, in the span of a single Season. Regardless of which class is currently considered best, our goal remains the same: create more fun and engaging play styles for players of every class to enjoy.

Remove the possibility for complete crowd control or immunity (perma-fear docs, perma-serenity monks) and we'll start seeing some stuggle for diversity me thinks.
Hopefully the wizards can stop whining on every other forum.
02/24/2015 12:14 PMPosted by BDF

Remove the possibility for complete crowd control or immunity (perma-fear docs, perma-serenity monks) and we'll start seeing some stuggle for diversity me thinks.

Very very good point in i really dont like zdps style of play being the only way for high grifts. Imo all classes should be at least providing some dps as well as group buffs not just using the blacksmith. I have low tier gems due to time and the fact i fight my way along not run behind a 70mil thoughness fear doc yelling oh look at me am so fing good doin 50+ grifts there is no skill in that needed at all!

Why does the DH class get a set that uses their hated spenders which gives them choices of all skills yet the Wizard set is being Gimped and making it Trash by only allowing us to use, "Arcane Orb, Energy Twister, Magic Missile, and Shock Pulse"

How is this even Remotely Fair for us? Arcane Orb is the only Usefull skill listed there. Energy Twister... Trash... Magic Missle (you nerfed this) its now Trash... Shock Pulse (seriously have you ever tested this worthless skill?)

Why can't our set work on all Arcane Spenders? Anything that uses Arcane power should be allowed to use the Set. If you want it to work with Signatures as well then allow it to work on All Skills and not just Arcane Orb "Especially Since we know the other 3 will never ever be used".

Could you also add more pieces to the Set? If you added a Set Weapon Slot, Set Off Hand (or shield) Slot, Set Belt slot and a Set Amulet slot... This would open up a lot of new possibilities when combining with other pieces. We might even be able to combine this set with your New Tal Rasha's set.

If you made these two simple changes you can Defiantly Guarantee that Wizards will be really happy just as long as we can finish Grifts 45+ like the rest of the characters and finally be accepted back into group play. Please look into changing the Set and Adding addition Set items.

I for one think it would be cool to have a Set Weapon that also gave a special affect to the whole Set that is lost if you don't use the weapon ect...
02/24/2015 12:14 PMPosted by BDF

This! Blizzard if your not going to fix this then make it so FREEZE doesn't have any diminishing Returns. The Diminishing Returns are SO HIGH on Freeze the mobs literally don't get frozen at all. I tried to use the Halo Ring on Grift 40+ and the freeze was an absolute waste. It would freeze them for what is seemed like .10th of a second. Even with the Halo Ring Shooting out Frost Nova's every .10 seconds its not enough to escape death and it's definitely not worth the risk to give up Energy Armor. If you want this Ring to actually Mean something Remove the Diminishing returns on Frozen.
[quote="164089441513"]

While I (greatly) appreciate the new items coming for Wizards, and am really looking forward to the new set, I think it's important to acknowledge that the real problem for Wizards right now isn't so much gear-based as it is skill-based.

The vast majority of our skills aren't just underpowered, they're completely non-viable even above about T3. The reason so many wizards are currently using cookie-cutter Firebirds builds is because it's the set itself that comprises almost ALL of our DPS. This isn't a problem that will be solved by adding more items; it's a problem that needs to be solved by a class balance patch. ...and by that, I don't mean tinkering a little bit with the percentages on skills, I mean a full, focused revamp of the class skills and passives.

To be fair, all the classes need to go through this process - and yes, we Wizards seem to be more vocal about it than most of the other classes - though it probably doesn't help that we're currently on the bottom of the heap.

...but the real concern is the desync between the Wizard philosophy, and the Wizard reality.
We're not the 'master of the elements' we were designed to be. We're not even the master of ONE element. We're... average. ...and that's not okay.