The front page trending topics look rough....

Barbarian
02/18/2015 11:41 AMPosted by acrimony
You rang?

Wow, maybe we can get Joch to post next in this thread.

Good to see you again. 2012 wants it barbarians backs.
wow is this the rise of the old guards? :D

Morpheus, death, eclipse, bugs et all join the party :)

The legendary DW vs 2H challenge is still etched in my mind like it was yesterday
Nice to some of the old folks back in these boards.....

02/19/2015 08:21 PMPosted by demonknight
The legendary DW vs 2H challenge is still etched in my mind like it was yesterday

I had a lot of fun reading those threads....
You rang?

Maybe PhatPhoEater and Nived will come back? .

It's been a while since I chatted with Nived, however, he told me that he was embarking on a new career path. He made a good decision and I doubt we'll be seeing him anytime soon.
No idea what Phat is doing, but I'm positive that whatever has drawn his attention has turned into a big deal.
02/18/2015 09:10 PMPosted by xxxkan
Hello sir wayneold.

Hey! Long time! When did I become "sir"?

You rang?

Why you always on the boards when I'm on the boards? This does nothing to dispel the rumor that we are the same person entrenched in an epic fit of multiple personality disorder. For all everyone else knows our message board spats are just a very sad and lonely record of a successful con job.
02/19/2015 05:58 PMPosted by DAKKON
2012 wants it barbarians backs.

And I want my 2012 D3 back :(. Kinda, but not really.....when they change a game so dramatically it is kind of bittersweet, on one hand you get an entirely different experience all within the same realm and story, but on the other hand, if you enjoyed the old style of playing that game is forever gone and there really is no way to revisit that experience. I had my fill of D3, but sometimes I wish I could play it every now and then with perm-zerker and total dominance like I used to.....internet gaming is such a new and fun frontier but it really kills that nostalgic play-through you can still have with old cartridge games. Every now and then I still like to play through Earthbound or Final Fantasy, even if just for a couple hours, but Vanilla D3 will only be accessible through my old youtube videos....which I would never have made if I wasn't such a butthole with a sole focus on proving my convoluted theories of gameplay.

02/19/2015 08:21 PMPosted by demonknight

I still like the EHP battles the best....unfortunately they were deleted a while back....I think Koala said he may have saved some of them to his hard drive, but those threads were really fun actually. It was the true D3 endgame.....getting crazy angry on the boards, haha.
02/20/2015 07:27 AMPosted by Wayneold
if you enjoyed the old style of playing that game is forever gone and there really is no way to revisit that experience

You guys wanna know a secret?

I keep an xbox 360 around that is not connected to the internet and play D3 (non RoS) on console every once in a while.

It still has the old Into the Fray, breakpoints, permawrath, etc.

It's not the same as mouse and keyboard...but man is it fun lol.

Shhhh....
I am flattered <3 ... and a bit creeped out :D

P.S. Based on the title of his forum post...he meant "page" in the literal sense...not page in the "you" sense.

That was the joke.

02/17/2015 04:51 PMPosted by CC123
Nanny is pretty close to the truth, I feel old now, just turned 38 and my warm ups for Karate take almost as long as the class lol.

Get back to me when you start losing your hair, youngster.

02/17/2015 07:50 PMPosted by Wayneold
Good to see some familiar names. Hope everyone is doing well.

I'm not even close to making a return to this game, I just really started this topic just to try to get the pulse of the current events, it's hard to sort through all the doom and gloom of the trending topics. It sounds like it's just a lot of the same misguided anger that has always stood toward the game developers. I will give it a few more patches and some more time to progress, but right now it's not in the cards.

For all you boozers out there....it's probably good the AH is gone, alcohol + pay-to-play + credit card is a horrendously bad idea....spent an overtime check a while back on various bad games and items. My morning regret was greater than staying up late and drunk texting ex's.

I've been playing since June 2012. I took a few months off here and there b/c of irl/vacations/whatever, but overall I'd say that the game is close to where it was back in dt/ww days. I do have somewhat of a different perspective, however, as in HC barbs get tons of respect and a good one is welcome in almost any party now.

I don't see your old nemesis coming back to the game, unfortunately. Seems that Acrimony has moved on for good. - edit: or maybe he's still lurking hahaha...

Be careful of whiskey + credit card...I can (barely) imagine a scenario in which that would be worse than drunk texting exes, though it would depend on the ex.

<span class="truncated">...</span>

Coke and Whiskey is so vulgar.

Like adding ketchup to filet mignon.

Word

Johnny Walker blue is not bad, though I still have bad memories of drinking so much whiskey that I wanted to hook up with a 49 yo ugly woman back when I was 23.

02/20/2015 07:59 AMPosted by Pri
I keep an xbox 360 around that is not connected to the internet and play D3 (non RoS) on console every once in a while.

Hmmm, my nephews are staying with me for a few months, and they have an xbox 360...
fashionably late as usual
Wow, a Nived sighting!

Just need Eclipse, Silverfire, and TomCruise to chime in here.
Hey, Wayneold!

I'm not sure if you're following this thread anymore, but things seem to be looking up for Barbarians lately, at least in terms of build diversity. The reworked Immortal King's six-piece set, which will be released in 2.2, offers a viable alternative to Raekor builds. It deals lots of damage, offers great survivability, and (most importantly) allows us to Permawrath once again! It may not end up being quite as strong as Raekor for high Greater Rifts, but it's already cleared up to GR 51 on the PTR.

There's also a new 2.2 set called Wrath of the Wastes. It was kind of a disappointment when it was first introduced on the PTR, but John Yang has promised that it will be redesigned. Hopefully, we'll get to see the results of that soon.

I don't find the Raekor set very enjoyable to play, so I spend most of my time on Crusader and Monk nowadays. However, when 2.2 and the new IK set finally arrive, I'm going Barb all the way. I've been waiting for Permawrath to return for over a year. Nothing on earth could stop me from reclaiming my birthright!!!

Ahem...anyway. Nubtro doesn't play anymore, although I still see him post occasionally. The Barb forum is still the best place to hang out on these boards. No surprises there.

I don't miss the Auction House much, except when I run out of crafting materials. Being able to find my own gear is fun, although it does suck when Smart Loot fails and serves me up an off-class setpiece. If there was one negative side effect to losing the AH, it's that it completely killed my desire to play Hardcore. Back in the day, I used to split time pretty evenly between my Hardcore and Softcore Barbs. Hardcore was fun because it had a more stable economy with less inflation. Items were constantly exiting the system due to character death, and the highest quality items weren't gated off by the RMAH. You could sell your loot at a reasonable price, even if it wasn't GG.

Now that the economy is nonexistent, I barely play Hardcore. I tried to get back into it a few times (including leveling a Crusader to 70 during the first season) but I always ended up drifting away. I finally realized that the economy, not permanent death, was what attracted me to HC in the first place. That was surprising, even to me.

I would say that the current game is pretty stagnant, but my personal enjoyment is up due to all the changes coming in 2.2. When that Patch does arrive, I think we'll see quite a few players come back. If you ever want to return, feel free to add me. Maybe I'll start working on another story outline, just in case.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/9792719373#19
03/08/2015 02:25 PMPosted by HosiosLoukas
Wow, a Nived sighting!

Just need Eclipse, Silverfire, and TomCruise to chime in here.

Oh, Eclipse is still around. He's just a sissy and pretty much plays DH exclusively, if he's not playing Heroes of the Storm or Hearthstone.

Actually kinda surprised that silverfire never really came back. Can't remember what he moved onto.
03/08/2015 04:45 PMPosted by WordMaster
I would say that the current game is pretty stagnant, but my personal enjoyment is up due to all the changes coming in 2.2. When that Patch does arrive, I think we'll see quite a few players come back. If you ever want to return, feel free to add me. Maybe I'll start working on another story outline, just in case.

Haha, you always did make the best posts....

If I do come back you'll definitely get an invite....just, don't hold your breath.

Hope all is well with you, thanks again for including me in your posts, I always got a kick out of them.
03/17/2015 04:53 PMPosted by Wayneold
If I do come back you'll definitely get an invite....just, don't hold your breath.

The new WW build plays just as well if not better than the old one. It's much more gear dependent but once you have it, it is fun. I think you would enjoy this.