Season 3: no sets!?

General Discussion
Hi,

is it posibble to ban all set items in season 3 (or it could be just 3 weeks race after season 2 end)? I think it would be very interesting challenge. I am curious about laderboards and build diversity in such season.

And i would like to see wich "set" from legendary only items would be best. Just think about it, it will be very funny i guess. :)

02/18/2015 05:56 PMPosted by DuckOfDeath
If you remove whatever gear is BiS then the only thing that will happen is the next set of gear in line will become BiS. It changes nothing other than nerfing what your characters can do.

well i know it. New items become bis. But what i want to see is the skill set that people will start using. And if there will be something much more powerfull than everything else, or if there will be some build diversity.

With sets atm, as the strongest items in the game, you have very limited way which skills you can use. And all top ranking players ar the same, than there is big gap and rest.

I want to see how many "clones" there will be without sets and how big gaps there will be. Now all this is determinated by sets - but what will happen without sets?

Then perhaps you should try doing this and let us know how it works out.

I am not saying that playing with sets is not fun, or i dont like. I can try it, but it s not possible for one to test all classes, skill combinatinos and item combinations.

and everyone should test it just because you want to know?

There are people who liks it and want to try it. And there are poeple who dont.It s only at your will, if you want participate or dont (This is reason, why i suggest it for season (or just 3 week race after season 2)

I can ask the same question from the other side: We should not try it, because you dont like it? :)
Blizzard is making a point to revolve the game around item sets, so I don't see why blizzard would like this idea what so ever.
02/18/2015 03:25 PMPosted by Nolf
Hi,

is it posibble to ban all set items in season 3? I think it would be very interesting challenge. I am curious about laderboards and build diversity in such season.

And i would like to see wich "set" from legendary only items would be best. Just think about it, it will be very funny i guess. :)

You're welcome to try this for yourself, or with friends. Personally i think this idea is beyond stupid.
There should be no 6 piece sets. 4 max.

All 6 piece sets should be throttled back to 4 and their bonuses adjusted accordingly. This would open up for a whole lot more options instead of the incredibly unnecessary situation with Wizards and Firebird's for example.
you are welcome to try it if you want to but i don't see the point of forcing everyone else into doing the same thing

playing without sets might not be a bad idea, trying to make everyone else into doing the same thing is really stupid
I just want to see classes how they act without sets. I cant test all that things myself. But X thousands people is better testing area. :)

And if there are no sets, you are not forcing people to do that. You are not loosing potencial power. And maybe, it could be actually funny to play without sets and see rankings.
or go play witch doctor. no sets required for end game.

people are clearing 40+ with no set pieces as a WD.
If you remove whatever gear is BiS then the only thing that will happen is the next set of gear in line will become BiS. It changes nothing other than nerfing what your characters can do.
02/18/2015 03:25 PMPosted by Nolf
is it posibble to ban all set items in season 3? I think it would be very interesting challenge. I am curious about laderboards and build diversity in such season

02/18/2015 04:49 PMPosted by Sw1tch
or go play witch doctor. no sets required for end game.

people are clearing 40+ with no set pieces as a WD.

for 1k int which is more dmg they do need two sets 2 piece helltooth, vyrs or jade. they kind of do for a little extra edge.

This guy understands.

well i know it. New items become bis. But what i want to see is the skill set that people will start using. And if there will be something much more powerfull than everything else, or if there will be some build diversity.

With sets atm, as the strongest items in the game, you have very limited way which skills you can use. And all top ranking players ar the same, than there is big gap and rest.

I want to see how many "clones" there will be without sets and how big gaps there will be. Now all this is determinated by sets - but what will happen without sets?

I am not saying that playing with sets is fun, or i dont like. I can try it, but it s not possible for one to test all classes, skill combinatinos and item combinations.
02/18/2015 03:43 PMPosted by Nolf
I just want to see classes how they act without sets. I cant test all that things myself. But X thousands people is better testing area. :)

no sets,and no RROG !@#$.

would be interesting.
It would not be easily possible in comparison to get close to T6 without long-term playing and very select legendary powers with a very specific and set skill build.

Honestly legendary powers may be varied, but they're not SO varied that they could effectively replace sets in terms of the "Power Grid", Something I like to call. It basically is a sort of metaphorical list of items which will undoubtedly get into specific areas of difficulty in many games. It's different for all games, but honestly T6 has a very select power grid as far as I know.

If we eliminated Legendaries as well. You would need something equivalent to a CM Frost Wizard Build in order to get to T6 nowadays. That's Critical Mass Frost Wizard for those who never knew of them.
That and nearly perfectly rolled items.

But still, eliminating set items will never happen for a season, if anything like that ever happens, it won't be on live servers I'm sure.

It would make getting deep into the end-game way the crap more complicated.
02/19/2015 12:02 AMPosted by StormyFacade
It would make getting deep into the end-game way the crap more complicated.

It would also open up build diversity and a lot more interesting things to do. Seeing the same builds on the leaderboard over and over again isn't interesting.
Set items are there, but it is free of choice for use it. If you cant stop your self use set items your problem.
But in the end play the game with out the set! No one forces you to use set items.

Why is it allways one gamer that want to change games for all of us with no problem with the game?

Play it or dont.
02/18/2015 09:40 PMPosted by xlm
02/18/2015 03:43 PMPosted by Nolf

There are people who would like to try it and there are poeple who hates it.

So i can ask the same question: we should not try it because you dont want to?

@Code187
Well, this is why i suggest it in to the season. It could be just 3 week race and lets see what happens. No one forcing you to play season without sets.

No one will play it if sets are aviable, because you are loosing potencial power and it will be boring. But if sets are ban for this race, so you are not loosing anything.
02/18/2015 06:12 PMPosted by Eternity
This guy understands.

But completely glosses over the fact that non-set items allow for way more build diversity. It opens up for way more min-maxing right now. But its cool I like to watch big bang theory while I play, the thinking part isn't fun, it's killing them dragons for fat loot.
02/18/2015 03:35 PMPosted by bjornh
There should be no 6 piece sets. 4 max.

All 6 piece sets should be throttled back to 4 and their bonuses adjusted accordingly. This would open up for a whole lot more options instead of the incredibly unnecessary situation with Wizards and Firebird's for example.

...or more 6 piece sets, and more 4 piece sets across the board to give more options by creating more options instead of forcing "more options" by taking some away. Do you work for Blizzard? J/K

Each class should have at least 2 viable 6 set options. On top of that, several 4 piece sets that you could pair up using a RoRG that would put them on par of close to individual 6 piece sets.

That would give more options.

Then toss in some individual items that are strong enough to build around on their own, that maybe aren't complimentary with the sets for some added off-set diversity as well.