just stop

General Discussion
there was, is , and always will be something for players to take advantage of and this goes back to day 1. there is a known demographic of this community that seeks to find efficiency and capitalize on it. this game is predominately about accruing power/loot. so that is the focus of these players and that will not change unless the focus of the game changes.

the list of runs/exploits is pretty long as im sure most of you guys know.

there has been no blue post *to my knowledge on the matter mid tier grift run xp runs. if there is plz link
it is my opinion that this is by far one of the least cheesy methods of efficiency employed in a very long time.

-whole team participation required
-correct gearing required
-actually playing the game required

what purpose does it serve to try to make these runs scaled back down?
what purpose does it serve to invalidate 2 stats on equipment that for the better part of d3's existance have been seen pointless to use?

suppose blizzard gets around to scaling the net xp down from these runs, all it will do is cement the gap between the players who took advantage of it and the players that QQ about them.
going off the way blizzard operates with "exploity/efficient/whatever" runs they for sure will not take the xp away from them. so what is the point to all this complaining? players that are focused on efficiency and play the game alot will always sit on the top of the pile. that is just how this kind of game is.
BAHAHAHHHHHHH :((((((((( Don't take my new toy :'((( stop it guys :'((( stoppppp
02/17/2015 07:28 PMPosted by JERBEAR187
what purpose does it serve to try to make these runs scaled back down?
what purpose does it serve to invalidate 2 stats on equipment that for the better part of d3's existance have been seen pointless to use?
Like many things in life, they serve purposes that you do not agree with.

Life. It's a tricky devil.

:)
02/17/2015 07:31 PMPosted by Artemis
Don't take my new toy

lol try reading bud the whole point is there there will always be as you put it a "toy"
players who refuse to participate while simultaneously QQing are actively working against their cause.

im sorry you struggle with the whole reading comprehension thing. you'll get there.
I think the problem is that people just love competing against one another, even in a game like D3. I don't really care about other people's paragon levels or elite kills or whatever. To me, D3 is not a competitive game so I really don't care about the xp bonus in Grifts. But again, that is just me.

The only thing I see competitive in D3 is leader boards but even that is a matter of RNG. Your completion time can be greatly impacted by getting a high density rift with the right pylons @ the right spots.

To me, competitive games would be FPS, racing, moba, sports games... not rpgs. Too much RNG to compete in D3, mostly about luck than skill.
The rift XP change was intentional - it was adjusted to this setting in 2.1.2.

It's not an exploit, it's simply using a stat that used to be worthless.
No trade so it doesn't not matter in the end.