[PTR 2.2] Inna + Sunwuko Discussion

Monk
02/26/2015 05:28 AMPosted by R3W1ND
I can't log in to PTR at the mo, how does this work? Do they case the same time as you or just randomly?

thanks

What Taurea said. They cast the same time you do... except when they don't have a valid target for EP. It seems like they have 2-3 seconds to "find" a target, then forget and don't ep anything.

02/26/2015 05:45 AMPosted by SuperFrog
SWK 6p = ??? "missing power label"

I found the pants, put them on to enable the 6pc - but didn't notice any changes to gameplay/kill speed, so probably not implemented yet.
02/26/2015 05:50 AMPosted by Davlok
What Taurea said. They cast the same time you do... except when they don't have a valid target for EP. It seems like they have 2-3 seconds to "find" a target, then forget and don't ep anything.

Bah, what happens when you CS something? O.o The reason you CS is cause you want mobs around you. Clones casting CS same time as you is gonna feel like 3 monks trying to outcast each other...
Cyclone strike by allies is hilarious. Wonder if strongarms works in their pulls?
Should I even bother levelling my taeguk? It sounds like it'll be tough to keep up in 2.2. I guess you could try getting mantra activation down to 15-20 spirit recasting every 3 seconds with mantra passive.

With circular breathing, recasting every 2.5 seconds, you're gaining 17.5 spirit a cycle (from mantra and passive) so you can sustain it with just 30% cost reduction on gear/pp. You also gain a constantly refreshing shield.

Or you can use Against all odds for massive spirit but you must be constantly getting hit to sustain.
02/26/2015 09:18 AMPosted by Heisenberg
Cyclone strike by allies is hilarious. Wonder if strongarms works in their pulls?

That's actually a really interesting point, considering how strongarms stacked in groups...

If it counted as a separate person from that individual ally (which I doubt) you'd count as 3 people. Would be silly for groups.
02/26/2015 12:19 PMPosted by Ohm
That's actually a really interesting point, considering how strongarms stacked in groups...

well, i was actually more annoyed when my haunt of vaxo clones cast CS back in season 1 and earlier..

Havent' tried PTR, not sure how the dev team would address simultaneous CS from the player and 2 allies.
Heh.. Now imagine 4 monks, 8 allies, all casting Implosion! >_<
Am I the only one who thinks Inna set is underpowered, has badly misplaced bonuses?

I mean 6pc should be on sunwuko where the power of the bonus can be actually used?

They took away the free sweeping wind bonus. The single most useful bonus of the set, which - lets be honest - made sweeping wind useful. The mantra bonus stayed, which I considered the most useless stat on the set. And even if we get it, the 2pc bonus applies it only to your mantra. and even if it does apply to all of the mantra effect it is still weak.

The only usefull thing here is the mystic ally effect bonus. meh.

The craziest part is people trying to put sunwuko and inna - two big set - together to make inna useful... A thing blizz does not want us to do which I agree with.

with the exception of the 2 pc bonus all of the additional set bonuses should be scrapped and changed to focus to the real strength of the previous version of the set. sweeping wind. Yes. free sweeping wind, bonus stacks and range to sweeping wind and extra damage bonus to skills for having stacks of sweeping wind.

A hint for the devs:
2pc free sweeping wind.
4pcs: bonus stacks to sweeping wind.
6pcs: gain 60% dmg bonus to xy skills for each stack of sweeping wind.

The whole thing with mantra base effects and mystic allies are stupid misplaced, and provide no real compeeting benefits. It's just don't
By itself Inna is not worth using if we had to make the choice between Inna6 and 500% bonus from Sunwuko.

But the 2/4 peice of Inna are still very strong for support. Damage, not so much.

It appears SWK isnt working at all on PTR right now. I've been testing it with 2 pieces and all 4 pieces and the decoy never spawns.

How is it working for you guys?

I'm seeing the exact same thing with my char copied from Americas region. Another monk who was on at the same time as me says it works just fine for him, though, so it seems like not a 100% fail but obviously it affects *some* people.

Not sure if it matters but I was on T4 difficulty. Didn't work in rifts or out of rifts. Didn't try a GRift yet.

I tried removing and re-equipping every item of equipment on my character one by one and in groups and nothing changed. (using gauntlets/shoulder/ammy plus RoRG)
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/16492639241

My feedback thread on making the 6th Inna set piece the Gloves instead of Boots.

Basically it's my "I don't want to use Inna's Reach" plea.
The issue with SWK now not working is +fire% element on gear. Remove fthe fire gear and it will work.
I was thinking about 2 Inna + 4 SWK + 2 Raiment combination, using WoHF and EP as single target and AoE options.
02/25/2015 06:28 PMPosted by Sicyo
02/25/2015 04:16 PMPosted by brbc

But seriously, I'm disappointed that your mystic ally cannot tempest rush with full inna's bonus

Agreed, not like Wave builds need more.

02/25/2015 04:37 PMPosted by Davlok

#RIPsweepingwind

Was kinda hoping we'd get an all-rune bonus for SW or TR or something. SW still has pretty good passive area damage but yeah I bet a bunch of people are going to drop it and either use Inna's boots + Torch/Furnace or Inna's Daibo + Crudest.

I don't have inna's yet but I have absolutely no difficulty keeping up sweeping wind. 16 spirit regen and a bit of CD reduction matched with air ally active ability and epiphany, then I just use sweeping wind when my spirit caps.

The only reason people should drop sweeping wind is pure laziness, or a lack of any kind of attention.
02/26/2015 12:19 PMPosted by Ohm
02/26/2015 09:18 AMPosted by Heisenberg

If it counted as a separate person from that individual ally (which I doubt) you'd count as 3 people. Would be silly for groups.

I tried testing this a little, and it seems like you and your allies can only share 1x strongarms debuff - so no triple stack to 90%. Anyone else try and test this?
I recommend replacing SW by Mantra of Healing (Circular Breathing) in combination with Chant of Ressonance instead of Exalted Soul while wearing 3 pieces of Sunwuko's and 3 piesces of Inna's (4 piece set bonus with RoRG) in combination with Crudest Boots you'll get 23 points of spirit reg (25.3 with Templar passive) while activating the mantra costs 25. Should be no problem keeping up Taeguk this way. And as another bonus survivability is boosted by the shield provided by the mantra.
Without the -70 Inna, each cast of your SW = 6-8 seconds the 8 spirit return you are spending just to keep it up. It's really isn't work using without Inna's.