How could FB set be saved before 2.2?

Wizard
Well... Maybe blizzard should make the natural thing they did with M6.

Reminder: a few months ago the M6 was:
500 Dex
All companions
senties shoot spenders

Later they decided to get rid of t he dex and create a true 6P bonus that blows everything out of the water. Basically - X6 the damage, eventually (when all sentries casted).

Now with FB we kinda have something similar to the old M6.
500 Int
300 sec revive
3000% triggers DoT damage

Maybe a massive change like M6 is what FB needs, no?
2P - 300 sec revive
4P - 3000% DoT
6P - ?

Maybe it could use some burst, something like:
* Enemies under DoT effect take 50% extra damage from all sources
* Enemies under DoT effect have 25% to explode for 1500% weapon damage as fire when attacked

Otherwise, this set will disappear in use.
The fact that you get "nothing" using 4 or 5 pieces of FB while dealing T6 well when using 4P bonus of M6 set just doesn't feel right. I could defo feel it now when started seasons.

I hate doing those DH wiz comperisons but this is how progress feels like:

DH:
2P - cool, welcome to T3
4P - T6 ahoy
6P - complete faceroflstompage

wiz
2P - yay? ... extra int
4P - survivability that i dont really need right now...
6P - finally, i can join T6
02/21/2015 07:18 AMPosted by HolyDiver
Maybe it could use some burst, something like:* Enemies under DoT effect take 50% extra damage from all sources* Enemies under DoT effect have 25% to explode for 1500% weapon damage as fire when attacked

"50% extra damage" doesn't really help with burst damage.

"Chance to explode for X damage when attacked" has the problem of defining what does "when attacked" mean. Basically it would end up being tied with the proc coefficients of our skills, and they suck.

That being said, a change in that direction would be most welcome.
How about for the 6 pc if you teleport over an enemy under infinite DoT they take 1500% weapon damage and the CD of teleport is reset. It could have a cool aesthetic effect too, like streaks of fire from origin to destination.

I don't actually think this would work btw, but it would be really fun to do and it would look really pretty and make me feel like a bird flying over my enemies and watching as they burn to death
Burst damage wouldn't be buffed but at least with "from all sources" we could join a party :)

And the question about why the proc coefficient remains after they get rid of CM is still here. Or at least why they didn't buff them to pre-nerf status :)
Summons pheonixes that attack your target with Meteor, Disintegrate (fire), Energy Twister (fire), Arcane Orb (fire)
Same stat as Ancients (barb), but respawn after 10 seconds when killed.
Stunning or freezing an enemy instantly applies the 4pc DoT. If the enemy is already suffering from the 4pc DoT, its effect is doubled. Combos with frost/lightning. Combos with the new class legendary ring. Actually lets you get damage in before monks/DHs in group G rifts. Buffs your single target to respectability. Too good? Just right? Too complicated?
-2P - 300 sec revive
-4P - 3000% DoT
-6P - Whenever you land a critical hit, firebird DoT damage is increased by 150% weapon damage for 10 seconds. Can stack up to 60 times (12,000% DoT total). Each new stack will refresh the timer.

Still weaker than power pylon snapshot (15,000% DoT) but much better than what we have now.
I really hate the DoT, their mechanics and everything around it.
Would be fine if it would stay in 4P position while 6P introduce something new.

Damage from all sources is pretty close to what the time set will introduce so i rather maybe stay away from it.

The spontanious combustion though, maybe it could be a good thing.

What is "when attacked" is really an issue yea... especially after our procs got rekt post CM era.
Maybe a simplified version will be "when taking fire damage" so:

Enemies taking fire damage have a 25% chance to combust for 1500% weapon damage as fire.
regardless of the DoT. That way, applying the DoT will also be much faster
If the new set will enable us to join group gr 45+, than FB does not need any change. It's doing ok in t6
Why just throw the older one into the garbage can? why can't it be a reasonable alternative.
I completely disagree with this approach.
02/21/2015 08:41 AMPosted by Tomon
Burst damage wouldn't be buffed but at least with "from all sources" we could join a party :)

Possibly. But still sounds a bit underwhelming to me.

02/21/2015 08:41 AMPosted by Tomon
And the question about why the proc coefficient remains after they get rid of CM is still here. Or at least why they didn't buff them to pre-nerf status :)

It's because of the nature of our spells. They can potentially hit many many times per cast, hence the low proc rates.

02/21/2015 09:53 AMPosted by CMC
-2P - 300 sec revive-4P - 3000% DoT-6P - Whenever you land a critical hit, firebird DoT damage is increased by 150% weapon damage for 10 seconds. Can stack up to 60 times (12,000% DoT total). Each new stack will refresh the timer.

Erm... more Apocalypse, more ramp-up time. It's slow.

02/21/2015 10:04 AMPosted by HolyDiver
Enemies taking fire damage have a 25% chance to combust for 1500% weapon damage as fire.

Well, that would make spells that hit multiple time per second vastly superior to anything else. Disintegrate, Blizzard, etc. It's basically the reason why Apocalypse is so good at applying Toxin/PE.
02/21/2015 09:53 AMPosted by CMC
-6P - Whenever you land a critical hit, firebird DoT damage is increased by 150% weapon damage for 10 seconds. Can stack up to 60 times (12,000% DoT total). Each new stack will refresh the timer.

That sounds fun =)

2P: Reduces the cooldown and resource costs of all fire spells by 35%
4P: All fire spells do 150% more damage
6P: What CMC said
2P: Chance on hit to engulf the target in flames, damaging all monsters within a 10 yard radius for 1500% fire damage over 3 seconds.
4P: 3000% DoT
6P: DoT ticks have a chance to result in an explosion dealing 10000% fire damage to all targets within a 10 yard radius.

Rationale:
2P: Make AT and Disintegrate more powerful (Ray of Frost/Black Ice is pretty cool! This is like that, except you don't need to kill anything!)
4P: No change.
6P: Do more burst damage ... although unfortunately, not necessarily on the first hit.

6P - finally, i can join T6
Well... Maybe blizzard should make the natural thing they did with M6.

[/quote]
give don vu and the rest of the wiz team a severance package. have dh team handle improvements for wiz. /end
-2P - 500int
-3P - You and your Allies take FireShield that Prevent all Fire damage taken and heal yourself for 10% of the amount prevented.
-4P - xxx% DoT
-6P - When the DoT in state is infinite, all affected enemies covered a baked-skin that explode every second for 5000% weapon damage as Fire to 15m radius and can burn nearby enemies for 9 sec for 3500% damage as Fire.

some answer to monk's Exploding Palm. )
I personally want firebird to remain a DOT based set. No point in turning it into a burst damage set with Delseres just around the corner.
02/21/2015 01:01 PMPosted by alpahc
Delseres in its current state looks plain stupid. Having to throw a bubble before attacking is the worst thing ever. No class has to that.

Wrong, Hunters have to place their Sentries and Monks have to use a spender that actually sets up their next one. It's not much difference. The problem with Delsere's is the spell selection, not the mechanic by itself.