How could FB set be saved before 2.2?

Wizard
02/21/2015 07:18 AMPosted by HolyDiver
Maybe it could use some burst, something like:
* Enemies under DoT effect take 50% extra damage from all sources
* Enemies under DoT effect have 25% to explode for 1500% weapon damage as fire when attacked

02/21/2015 07:18 AMPosted by HolyDiver
Otherwise, this set will disappear in use.

02/22/2015 11:02 AMPosted by Feanor
Problem is, it's addressing a non-issue.

the issue being discussed is burst damage capacity of FB6x (or lack thereof) and discussing potential changes that could keep FB6x relevant in the face of the new in coming set
as well as (and ill believe it when i see it) vrys/tals picking up 6x bonus
02/22/2015 10:31 AMPosted by JERBEAR187
like explosion from EP tags mobs with EP?>

On Death-mechanics as in when the player die are pretty damn lame for the most part.
^ no sh!t

but thats not what im talkin about
02/22/2015 11:06 AMPosted by JERBEAR187
the issue being discussed is burst damage capacity of FB6x (or lack thereof) and discussing potential changes that could keep FB6x relevant in the face of the new in coming set as well as (and ill believe it when i see it) vrys/tals picking up 6x bonus

I know that. I point out why, in my opinion, the proposed change would fail to keep the set relevant. I might be wrong about that. But reinforcing the aspects of FB where it is already strong would lead to even greater difference in power between rift clearing and RG fight. I don't think that's desirable.

By the way we don't know if TR is getting 6-piece bonus or simply is being reworked (SWK, for instance, is still a 4-piece set).
02/22/2015 11:50 AMPosted by Feanor
But reinforcing the aspects of FB where it is already strong would lead to even greater difference in power between rift clearing and RG fight. I don't think that's desirable.

well given that the strength ( which WAS taking down massive numbers of mobs) was limited by the reduced distance of the last patch .... getting addition burst really would help that out.

but yea for single target there is always that issue, however if we got some burst mechanic *on top of the existing dot, that would enable us to clear faster , thus giving us more time on the RG , and result in higher achievable levels..... adding a burst on top of the dot would not hurt our capacity to take down RGs.

and yea its kinda up in the air with vrys/tals, i may be mistaken but i believe they( the devs) mentioned thinkin about adding a 6x bonus to both sets, as well as the other class specific 4x sets.
02/22/2015 11:09 AMPosted by JERBEAR187
^ no sh!t but thats not what im talkin about

No but I guessed that was what he was talking about. Maybe he didn't reference the Firebird 4-set bonus though, can't be sure. In any case I think the wizard needs more BURST, not dots or on-kill mechanics in any shape or form.
02/21/2015 11:50 PMPosted by Mars
4 pc
Whenever you and an ally would die, you are instead resurrected by a meteor. You gain 10% intelligence for 4 minutes each time this occurs. Stacks 4 times.

I think this is awesome. Might be a little to strong tho since it could be a 40% int buff AND a second life for all party members. Maybe an alternative would be a substantial increase to Lps to keep this a defensive bonus and not op.

Also how about buffing the 6 pc w/ the 2 pc?

2pc: Critical hits now deal 200% of burn damage received in the last 2 seconds

4pc: Mars suggestion is really cool imo.

6pc: Current

So w/ infinite dot on, when you crit mobs take a 12k% weapon damage hit
02/23/2015 07:36 AMPosted by SomeAznKid
So w/ infinite dot on, when you crit mobs take a 12k% weapon damage hit

Cute. But sadly - too OP due to skills that hit multiple times per second like Blizzard. It basically crits all the time, that's why PE is so good with it.
For every 1500% WD from fire element the target taken within 3s, the target will explode, dealing aoe damage with 15 yard radius for 1000% WD as fire.

After the target is on infinite DoT, every 1500% WD taken within 3s will create an explosion for 2250% WD as fire, 15 yard radius. Explosions have 1s internal cool down.

These bonuses as 6th pieces bonus, while the current 6th piece bonus move to 4th piece bonus. The damage from the DoT doesn't counted toward this. Only the damage from actual skills get count.

So if you can deal 1500% WD per second, you can make maximum of 3 explosions, before the timer reset. If you deal 1000% WD at first, and at the 3rd second, you deal another 500% WD, there will be an explosion. If you don't hit 1500% WD within the 3 seconds, there will be no explosion, and it will be reset to 0% WD.

With this bonus, we can have burst at first, sustained damage, and prevent us from just kiting like a king style.
4 pc: 3000% DoT
6 pc: Dealing 9000% weapon damage will increase DoT by an additional 3000%

This would allow us to ramp our damage up over time and be very effective against RG. It would start out slow but ramp up to incredible numbers.
i'm posting here one commend i did in other thread:

Just adding an observation, sometimes blizzard make some changes and offer some kind of explanation behind the changes as a motivator. So was told that they would like to make the game more engaged and char being the source of power.

Previously DH: Source power = Sentry
Now: Source power = Char itself

Previously Wiz: Source power = DoT (Damage over time)
Now: Source power = Nothing change (DoT)

This firebird make us run like a coward (how i feel), and sound like and uncompleted job done by devs. But who know the future? i respect really much all opinion and mainly who likes firebird style but i'm just talking about coherence and due to the mess situation for wizards.

DoT should be a buff for the damage your skills do and not the main damage source.
02/24/2015 05:54 AMPosted by Belsaurn
4 pc: 3000% DoT
6 pc: Dealing 9000% weapon damage will increase DoT by an additional 3000%

This would allow us to ramp our damage up over time and be very effective against RG. It would start out slow but ramp up to incredible numbers.

So... basically 3 seconds after you hit infinite it's doubled? And it goes exponentially up after that?
02/24/2015 06:28 AMPosted by Feanor
So... basically 3 seconds after you hit infinite it's doubled? And it goes exponentially up after that?

Not exponential, an additional 3000% to the DoT for each 9000% damage done after the initial DoT is applied.
Which takes 3 seconds for the first 3k%, 1.5 seconds for the next, 1 second for the third and so on. In 10 seconds the DOT would tick for 48000% per second, and growing fast. In 20 seconds it would reach over 1,000,000% WD per second. How do you call that?
When the requisite 9000% wpn dmg is dealt, instead of ticking for 3000%/second, it could start ticking for 42,471% wpn dmg/sec and then we could finally be on par with M6 demon hunters.

=D
02/24/2015 07:17 AMPosted by Feanor
Which takes 3 seconds for the first 3k%, 1.5 seconds for the next, 1 second for the third and so on. In 10 seconds the DOT would tick for 48000% per second, and growing fast. In 20 seconds it would reach over 1,000,000% WD per second. How do you call that?

that sounds like MM/Conflag all over again but on steroids lol Might be a tinny bit OP.
2 piece bonus: Drops a Molten Impact on your cursor location when spending more than 40 AP.
Well this was my suggestion , but guess we'll find out in a couple hours how viable Firebirds will still be. If they do nothing it will be banished back to a T6 only set which honestly that's what it should be if it's going to suck so hard in Grifts.

Firebird's Finery item set bonuses
(2) Set:
When you die, a meteor falls from the sky and revives you. This effect has a 200 second cooldown (down from 300 seconds).
(4) Set:
Dealing Fire damage causes the enemy to take the same amount of damage over 3 seconds, stacking up to 3000% weapon damage as Fire per second. After reaching 3000% damage per second, the enemy will burn until they die with a maximum of 3000% weapon damage per second.
(6) Set:
Activating Firebird damage debuff will also cause enemies to burst in flames, doing 2000% weapon damage as fire every second, additive with the 3000% dott.
So... just 60% extra?

By the way, what happens in a couple of hours?
i think the best thing would be if the last piece encourages an active playstyle. Right now you just set up Dots and run around.

So my Idea would be: Give it a "oldschool" Fireball like in D2. Small AoE, huge Dmg

So my Set would be:
2pc: Revive when death, 300sec cooldown
4pc: DoT/ current 6pc
6pc: Every third Firespell you use also releases a Fireball, dealing 3000%(or maybe 5k or on each Fireskill... key point here is, that we have to cast, just like marauders ;)) to all Enemies hit.
- Does not count toward the DoT Bonus (disscusable)
- Maybe a 10-20 Yard Radius, but no pierce. We already got our DoT mechanics for Screendmg.

If something like this would be well balanced, it would also allow IAS-Based playstyles. (Slowstyle: 60% Dmg from DoT, 40 from Fireball, Faststyle: 30% Dot, 70% Fireball)