Great idea for rift closing issue

General Discussion
Get rid off the yellow bar and put the rift guardian at the very end of the rift, next to the return stone.

That way everyone has an incentive to go all the way to the end. They could slightly increase the bloodshard drop to make up for the longer walk time.

There is no need for the yellow bar now that we have Grifts.

Feel free to post some cool ideas too.
02/26/2015 07:13 PMPosted by Ash
Get rid off the yellow bar and put the rift guardian at the very end of the rift, next to the return stone.

That way everyone has an incentive to go all the way to the end. They could slightly increase the bloodshard drop to make up for the longer walk time.

There is no need for the yellow bar now that we have Grifts.

Feel free to post some cool ideas too.

And that does what exactly to address the people who as of now don't want to do the entire rift? Oh, force them to do the entire rift. Good solution. Everyone is happy.

Except not.
No thanks. I like short rifts. What they should do is give us the exp and gold after killing RG. Then they could have a vote to keep it open or close it. If they want to keep it open, I could just find another game.
just have the enemies all disappear like grifts when the rift guardian appears. problem solved
Ask yourself why rifts were added to the game.
02/26/2015 10:02 PMPosted by Meltdown

so friends can say lets full clear and make you wish you could kill yourself.

i love speedruns. thats what t6 is for :D
LOL, I can already visualize all the Barbs furious charging, the Monks tempest rushing, Saders pony racing, and DHs flipping past everything, not killing anything to simply speed rush to the end. :/
I like that Idea
rifts will be even shorter, ride my pony to the end, everyone TP on me lol, brilliant idea!
A better idea for me is just to put the Rift Guardian at the beginning of the rift, first monster out of the gate. Then I can just kill him, get my blood shards, and close for a new rift.
02/26/2015 10:02 PMPosted by Meltdown

Because the forum community was !@#$%ing about no end game so rifts were put in

As for the rift issue all those that want to rush to the RG and close should all be running greater rifts. There is no loot to pickup except at the end so you don't get slowed down and when the RG turns up all the enemies disappear so it doesn't matter if the rift is closed. But the efficient players will find something wrong with this because all they want to do is pi$$ off the rest of the player base that don't want to play their way. Much the same as the PvP community wants to grief other players instead of doing PvP
if RGs were put at the end of the rift, I'd just rush past everything to get to it. Probably the same amount of time overall, with far less stuff killed. No thanks.
02/26/2015 07:33 PMPosted by EPiCSMoKE
just have the enemies all disappear like grifts when the rift guardian appears. problem solved

In that case might as well get rid of greater rifts and merge them together So you have a normal rift untimed and loot drops, with the enemies disappearing when the RG shows up and have the RG drop like they do in greater rifts, with urshi to upgrade legendary gems

This will get down voted because the so called efficient players are more interested in pi$$ing off the players that want to do full clears. If they were not interested in annoying the clearers they would join a community of like minded players so everyone is happy but it is more important for them to tick off other players
A second RG at the very end could be nice as a reward for completing the rift. Obviously this would not be a normal RG, perhaps some sort of powerful shadowy creature.
As soon as the RG pops the ground, just TP out as fast as possible except the following maps: Grave yard, Fields of Misery and Southern Highlands (Ye some people clear the jail but it's not as good as it used to be)

- more shards
- more RG loot
only antisocial homophobs have an issue with rift closing

normal people dont
The reason it's based on a kill threshold is so people don't race to the end with move skills (think Raekors).
02/27/2015 12:27 AMPosted by Steve

This will get down voted because the so called efficient players are more interested in pi$$ing off the players that want to do full clears. If they were not interested in annoying the clearers they would join a community of like minded players so everyone is happy but it is more important for them to tick off other players

What on earth is up with some people. We aren't closing to "pi$$ you off" we are closing because the rift in our opinion is finished. And yes it is more efficient. There is no problem with people codling rifts they are there to be closed there is a problem with people wanting to play on after the rift is finished. If anything the grift mechanic of all the mobs disappearing is how to fix this clearer problem.
However that's me playing devils advocate against your opinion that I happen not to agree with. Doing so would simply remove choice from the game. If you want to be inefficient and waste time doing full clears that's your provocative. So why should "closers" be the ones to find like minded people to play with? Clearers are the ones not playing the game as designed and wasting our time not the other way around. Whether you agree with that or not the quest is there to hand in and there's nothing stopping us doing so. Clearers are the ones at a disadvantage not us and the ones playing in a manner that isn't strictly inline with the purpose of rifts. I don't have a problem with you wanting to do that but if people closing "pi$$ you off" as you so delicately put it you're the one that needs to find like minded people to play with not us.

Starting to wish blizzard with introduce another group rift option so there's one for "clearers" and the current one for "closers" and add some vote system to the clear one so people can't troll it. Then we wouldn't have to go through a handful of groups not playing the game properly before we find a decent one and everyone can stop whining about us because they want to play the game inefficiently.
Its not an issue for me. When I get done in a public rift I close it...I don' hear people complaining. Probably because I leave :D The way I see it, public games are meant to be played as intended. If you want to clear...make a private game.