Critical Mass is back?!

Wizard
From the PTR patch notes:

Obsidian Ring of the Zodiac
Legendary Power Added
Reduces the remaining cooldown of one of your skills by 1 second each time you spend resource

Thoughts?
http://i.imgur.com/QhKGkps.png

It's time to beg Blizzard to give us dual weild.
I don't know how blizzard thinks anymore, but imagine that with Monk and Sweeping Wind?
How Vizier Meteor Swarm builds you can drop whatever cooldown you want almost immediately.
Sader Perma Akarat -- Perma Epiphany -- Perma Archon. Perma whatever.
...seriously we might as well add CM back. With items like that sword (and because Wiz can't dual-wield) I don't think CM will be much of a problem....
Wow, that sword is competitive with Gesture of Orpheus.

A trade off between 70% reduction of Slow Time, a skill that deals 1250% damage per second over with a 10% damage buff, 80% slow, 1 second stun and 12 second cooldown. Gesture of Orpheus also has +Arcane damage%.

With Evocation, that gives:
12*(1-0.7)*(1-0.2) = 2.88 seconds cooldown

Or, 6 seconds off of all skills and a sword that does more damage than a wand.

I'm not sure if 6 seconds comes before CDR or if CDR comes before 6 seconds. But you have two possibilities:

Imagine Evocation:
6 seconds subtracted before:
(12 - 6)*(1-0.2) = 4.8 seconds

6 seconds subtracted after:
12*(1-0.2) - 6 = 3.6 seconds

At most 4.8 seconds. Sure, 2 seconds different. But every other skill has 6 seconds reduced cooldown.

EDIT:
Well, you couldn't wear Leoric's crown with the Slow Time helmet. Strip away (1-0.25) factor.
Sword is sadly broken on PTR at the moment. It's not affecting any cooldowns as far as I can tell.
This ring is so broken it's not even funny.

Casting stuff like Magic Weapon, Familiar, Armor spells, etc will trigger it. You can get enough APoC, regen, Conduit, whatever and channel Static Discharge while spamming Familiar to reset the crap out of your spells.

Every cast of Explosive Blast with Wand of Woh equipped triggers it 4 times.

Etc.

It'll be nerfed heavily or removed completely most likely. They should just make it the Chantodo's set bonus IMO. You lose 2 very strong slots for Wizard (weapon slot so no Woh, and Source) so it kinda balances it. And I can only imagine what other classes are doing with the ring right now, and Monks and 'Saders really shouldn't have access to it honestly.
Yeah the ring is broken OP.
They might aswell just remove cooldown Entirely from the game.
Is this ring good enough to replace RORG/Unity/SoJ?
Yes, especially in the right build, with ingeom, possibilities for abuse are rife. Blazar Spam Molten Impact Spam perma teleport etc so many broken things you can do.
It's amazing the things Blizz even puts into their PTR. Things obviously broken.
the 1 sec cooldown the ring provide is randomly picked between all skill currently on a CD timer.

If you only have 1 skill on CD, then the 1 sec will go there. If you have 2 it will pick at random between the 2.

This is FAR from what CM was and the only way to make it close is to have only 1 skill with a CD and a 0cd spender that doesn't empty your AP pool quickly.
02/26/2015 03:46 AMPosted by Mochan
Yes, especially in the right build, with ingeom, possibilities for abuse are rife. Blazar Spam Molten Impact Spam perma teleport etc so many broken things you can do.

It's really not that bad. A lot of the effective CDR that 6 seconds equates too is already achievable with Leoric's Crown and Evocation (40% CDR).

Explosive Blast:
- 0 CD. But you're using In-Geom, not Wand of Woh. But this can be a substitute for Wand of Woh.

And think about it. In-Geom makes EB+Firebirds work as desired (your EB consistently starts and contributes to DoT). You just give up 9 free blasts. In fact, the 9 free blasts that come with Woh with 60% CDR may effectively be the same as 0 seconds CD EB without Woh.

Black Hole:
- It's the same as 50% CDR

Slow Time:
- It's the same as 40% CDR without Time Shell, and 50% CDR with Time Shell.

Archon:
- It's the same as 5% CDR without Pure Power, and 6% CDR with Pure Power.

Mirror Images:
- It's the same as 40% CDR

Meteor+Molten Impact:
- It's the same as 40% CDR

Frost Nova:
- It's the same as ~55% CDR without Cold Snap, and 80% CDR with Cold Snap.

Teleport:
- It's the same as ~55% CDR. But you could just use Aether Walker for 0 CD. I don't see the issue here.

Wave of Force + Impactful Wave:
- 0 CD. This skill is so awesome at repelling projectiles. It might be too powerful to be 0 CD.

All of this looks very reasonable to me except for Cold Snap. But Halo of Arlyse gives you free Frost Nova so maybe it's not a big deal!

EDIT:
Forgot Wave of Force + Impactful Wave.
That ring could make Cold the goto element for Archon with Ray of Frost: Cold Blood.
You know whats broken ? Perma - FEAR.

Sure blizzard saying perma freeze go ahead wizards. Followed by an evil laugh. You ever try to actually perma freeze ? The strict gear requirements ? The fight against input PING and CC immunity ?

It doesn't really matter because WDs offer the same utility except 100% more reliable, easier to apply to a larger area, better group buffs, have better escape and survivability and require less gearing then a "perma" freeze wizard. Yes, EVEN WITH THIS RING.

And i'm talking about fear-docs, not even the zero dog legacy spec.

Not sure about the sword not working at the moment on PTR. Doubt will see the light of day on live.
Even if we could get the Cooldown to 0 we would never have perma freeze. We lost so much APOC there is no way to compensate for that. Which means you'll just run out of arcane power which stops the freeze.
02/27/2015 10:21 AMPosted by mat82284
Even if we could get the Cooldown to 0 we would never have perma freeze. We lost so much APOC there is no way to compensate for that. Which means you'll just run out of arcane power which stops the freeze.

There are ways around this, even single target RG.

Your real problem is input lag.
02/25/2015 07:43 PMPosted by Malakai
And I can only imagine what other classes are doing with the ring right now, and Monks and 'Saders really shouldn't have access to it honestly.

Monks are doing perma-serenity builds. With the new set changes, crits in the billions and permanent damage and CC immunity.

WD - perma spirit walk, take no damage or CC indefinitely.

DH - perma Rain of Vengeance and perma smoke screen - massive damage and complete damage immunity indefinitely

Barbs and Crusaders have CC immunity but not damage immunity (just reduction). However Barbs have the new ground stomp/Avalanche boots, the ring will give ground stomp constant uptime which means the class will get single-target damage finally.

Crusaders need a 56% CDR for full uptime on Akkarat Champion, the ring will let them trade off the CDR on their weapon on shield for damage.
You can never perma freeze again because of diminishing returns as elite build up resistance. Stop dreaming, bliz won't be so nice to wiz.
Only WD is the most special class who can perma fear.
02/27/2015 12:11 PMPosted by Spaceship
You can never perma freeze again because of diminishing returns as elite build up resistance. Stop dreaming, bliz won't be so nice to wiz.
Only WD is the most special class who can perma fear.

Perma fear doesn't affect Greater Rift Guardians. There's also a trade off in damage for CC.

SNS builds affected ubers just fine and did a ton of damage.