Stash space. The struggle is real.

Items and Crafting
Prev 1 4 5 6 15 Next
The struggle is to stop hoarding, not stash space.
02/20/2015 05:39 AMPosted by bigkdub92
02/20/2015 04:18 AMPosted by !@#$%sword
it's not about hoarding. how many times have a patch or some other change been made where suddenly that legendary you never used is suddenly worth using, or an alternative build is now much stronger than previously oh but damn you scrapped those cool legendaries that would've worked for that build because you don't have space for them. it's not uncommon, or hey maybe god forbid you want to have the option to run a different build in the future just because you can.

You know they don't change affixes on items that you already had correct? Just making sure...You seem the type to not be able to fully read and comprehend things.

Even more reason to keep it, Perhaps that items stats worked or will work for one of your builds but the change prevents that? I Recall some Zero dog zdps gear that is not obtainable now but enables some play styles that im sure many would have wished to keep if they would have known.
02/20/2015 12:03 PMPosted by SirDerp
The struggle is to stop hoarding, not stash space.

What difference does it make to you if they increase the space? Why are you so against it? It makes no sense other than to curry favor with Blizz. It's certainly not like Trade or the AH issue, which could negatively affect certain players. What's the beef? Why do you keep shooting this down and defending Blizz? Are you aware of the new currency that will be introduced in Asia so that people on that Server can purchase more space? What happened to those pesky "technical limitations"?

Seems to me they have been withholding it so they can sell it to us in micro-transactions. You just look like an overzealous fanbois when you defend Blizzard on this issue.
Those reasons are all very valid.

Either way, if you want to throw that term around, make sure you are talking to the same person, because two different people with two goalposts that are in different positions in the first place, would invalidate your use of "moving the goalpost."

The reasons are not valid, and don't require the experience they say it does (keep in mind - they still haven't listed an amount of hours played (which is actually a better indicator) or paragon levels reached to have a valid opinion - still waiting on that one).

02/20/2015 03:11 AMPosted by bjornh
When you know all the items in the game, know their roll ranges, know their rarities, you learn to appreciate what to keep and what to throw away. Of course you should be able to keep the best versions of an item - and nuke everything else.

You don't need to be P900 for this.

02/20/2015 07:46 AMPosted by Phatty
Sorry, if you don't want to take the wisdom, experience, and knowledge from a player who admins multiple end game communities - I can't help you.

Apparently this is a fair standard?

Deadru with more experience, comes wisdom to theorycraft. To theory craft, you need gear. To have said gear, you need space.

Very simple.

To have said gear, you don't need to be Paragon xxx, you just need the gear. And if you're a rational non-hoarding person, you can judge the efficacy of your testing, and make value judgements about whether or not it merits being saved.

02/20/2015 10:58 AMPosted by Nikorr
Lots of ppl use diff items in solo play and diff in group.

But yea, p300-400~ cant have a clue about that yet.

[/quote]

The arguments just aren't valid. If you're P level 400 or less you can't possibly understand the difference between solo and group play. What a farce. What an absolute joke. I know you really want more stash space, but you can't spout bull!@#$ and tell everyone it's raining candy bars. (and by you, I mean them, Trinity).

The fact is, they play the game in a way that limits their stash space - constantly trying to be ready for the next cool build for every possible element (and non element - zdps) of every class. That's not how the mainstream plays and that's not how the devs ever pictured that anyone would play. Which is why we're here - with Blizz finally getting around to doing the work to make more stash space a thing in the form of microtransactions. Maybe. If you play in the right region. Years from now.
02/20/2015 12:24 PMPosted by innervation
The reasons are not valid, and don't require the experience they say it does (keep in mind - they still haven't listed an amount of hours played (which is actually a better indicator) or paragon levels reached to have a valid opinion - still waiting on that one).

3500 hours on my Barbs alone. Does that mean anything? I play mostly solo so I miss the party buffs. I can't even guestimate how many hours I've spent reading the Barb forums and watching vids and researching my character as much as possible.

I wish these profiles listed our hours played like our in-game profiles do.
02/19/2015 11:18 PMPosted by Spartan112
There is almost no reason to keep all the legendary items that drops, only keep the extra rare drops like shard of hate, most items that have no use to me just gets broken down to mats. "space saved"

Just before S2, I tried clearing up some space in my stash. Salvaged my Roland's set because I never used it. Guess what? 2.2, it's getting buffed.

This is one of the best reasons to keep at least sets and any unique mod legendary - new build possibilities/combinations. Stash space is a HUGE problem.

02/20/2015 06:00 AMPosted by Shark

Devs forgot the math apparently.

We had no stash space issues in Diablo 2,
we had no stash space issues in Diablo 3 vanilla

...but we have huge stash space issue in Reaper of Souls.

What went wrong in RoS?

Are you kidding? D2 practically invented the concept of mule alts, mule accounts, stash was a huge problem there as well.
To have said gear, you don't need to be Paragon xxx, you just need the gear. And if you're a rational non-hoarding person, you can judge the efficacy of your testing, and make value judgements about whether or not it merits being saved.

This totally isn't true. There is a learning curve and a mechanics curve involved with theorycrafting. It's hard to say where that paragon level is. I also know that you have end game gear sets at around 400+ paragon.

Having more paragon with multiple classes gives you breath and depth usually, but of course, not always and there are exceptions to the rules.

This is a general statement. It generally holds true.
Which is why we're here - with Blizz finally getting around to doing the work to make more stash space a thing in the form of microtransactions. Maybe. If you play in the right region.

Seems to me the "technical limitations" involved figuring out how to make more money off of more stash space, hmmmm?
02/20/2015 11:26 AMPosted by innervation
If it is true that it would take them a lot of work to add more stash space; I'd much rather they do a laundry list of other things first.

I'd rather they focus on the stash space before absolutely anything else.

It's the biggest issue in this loot-hunt game, by far, and it grows worse daily. For me at least, it's very clearly the #1 funkiller, above lack of content, lack of class balance, lack of build diversity, lack of pvp, everything.
We have 20+ new items coming in 2.2 and I bet stash space won't change at all to allow accommodation for that, let alone the old sets we now salvage will be once again useful, so more space for that is also needed.
Why are there so many people against changes like more stash space?? Obviously there are some people that like to collect items and are running low on space, there are some other people that play only one class and salvage almost everything unless it's a direct upgrade.

Guess what, if blizz gave us more space, you can choose [u][/u] if you want to use it or not.

Because they are trolls and people STILL fall for their shtick. Too bad this place isn't properly moderated, any half decent message board would ban these obvious trolls.
02/20/2015 06:37 AMPosted by NoxeOut
I don't even use all my stash space, there's no point. I, for one, am very happy with the current stash space allowed.

Yeah I imagine all those yellows your chars are decked out in don't take up more than a tab or two.

GG.

Saying that this is about hoarding is quite simply wrong. .

It's all about hoarding. It's been about hoarding for 10+ years in this game.

Instead of creating a whole new thread full of the same bull !@#$, go post in one of the many other threads on the same subject.

We do not need a new thread every day about your personal issues getting rid of items you never use.
02/20/2015 01:39 PMPosted by Ryken
02/19/2015 11:17 PMPosted by HappyPants

Yeah it is.

Wow! You are sure one smart little cookie, aren't you? What's this, the fifth or sixth time you've posted this nonsense? Well, keep it up because, well, as Fox News has proven, the more you repeat a lie, the truer it becomes.
Typical threat of people that can't sort or give up on stuff they aren't going to ever use. Learn to f***ing make decisions
Switch to Asia and start hoarding now. You'll be able to buy your precious stash space soon.
02/20/2015 02:08 PMPosted by Avalona
Typical threat of people that can't sort or give up on stuff they aren't going to ever use. Learn to f***ing make decisions

Oooooooo! Your use of the "F" word makes me stand in awe of your superior intellect! You must be a grown up! Wow! Imagine that in these Forums...
Those reasons are all very valid.

Either way, if you want to throw that term around, make sure you are talking to the same person, because two different people with two goalposts that are in different positions in the first place, would invalidate your use of "moving the goalpost."

02/20/2015 03:11 AMPosted by bjornh
When you know all the items in the game, know their roll ranges, know their rarities, you learn to appreciate what to keep and what to throw away. Of course you should be able to keep the best versions of an item - and nuke everything else.

You don't need to be P900 for this.

02/20/2015 07:46 AMPosted by Phatty
Sorry, if you don't want to take the wisdom, experience, and knowledge from a player who admins multiple end game communities - I can't help you.

Apparently this is a fair standard?

Deadru with more experience, comes wisdom to theorycraft. To theory craft, you need gear. To have said gear, you need space.

Very simple.

02/20/2015 10:58 AMPosted by Nikorr
Lots of ppl use diff items in solo play and diff in group.

But yea, p300-400~ cant have a clue about that yet.

The arguments just aren't valid. If you're P level 400 or less you can't possibly understand the difference between solo and group play. What a farce. What an absolute joke. I know you really want more stash space, but you can't spout bull!@#$ and tell everyone it's raining candy bars. (and by you, I mean them, Trinity).

The fact is, they play the game in a way that limits their stash space - constantly trying to be ready for the next cool build for every possible element (and non element - zdps) of every class. That's not how the mainstream plays and that's not how the devs ever pictured that anyone would play. Which is why we're here - with Blizz finally getting around to doing the work to make more stash space a thing in the form of microtransactions. Maybe. If you play in the right region. Years from now.[/quote] This is by far the solidest argument here, I personally have no stash issues and also dont have any problem with storage being increased. The biggest issue in this thread is all the people saying they have no issues being called "blizzard fanboys" "trolls" ect. or all these bs reasons to why they dont. Just stop trying to make everyone who doesn't agree invalid. Your just making it sound like less of a problem.
02/19/2015 11:17 PMPosted by HappyPants
02/19/2015 11:10 PMPosted by bjornh
This is not about hoarding

Yeah it is.