Stash space. The struggle is real.

Items and Crafting
Prev 1 5 6 7 15 Next
02/20/2015 07:44 AMPosted by Skyqula
If they can make rift stones, trial stones and ramaladni's stack higher then that would save a few more slots. Additionally, letting crafting mats stack higher would also be a big help (yes 5k is not enough when crafting ancient gear is involvolved).

We've heard from people who play the game frequently and have accumulated more Ramaladni's Gifts that these items are starting to take up more space in their stash, so starting in patch 2.2.0, we will be allowing them to stack up to 100.

Although we don't have plans right now to increase the stack size of the other items you mentioned, it would be helpful to hear from you all about any scenarios in particular that are causing you to run out of space more frequently.

Is it when you mass salvage items after running a series of Rifts, or when you don’t have items you want to enchant or craft items for a long period of time? Something else in specific?
02/20/2015 03:08 PMPosted by Tyvalir
If they can make rift stones, trial stones and ramaladni's stack higher then that would save a few more slots. Additionally, letting crafting mats stack higher would also be a big help (yes 5k is not enough when crafting ancient gear is involvolved).

We've heard from people who play the game frequently and have accumulated more Ramaladni's Gifts that these items are starting to take up more space in their stash, so starting in patch 2.2.0, we will be allowing them to stack up to 100.

Although we don't have plans right now to increase the stack size of the other items you mentioned, it would be helpful to hear from you all about any scenarios in particular that are causing you to run out of space more frequently.

Is it when you mass salvage items after running a series of Rifts, or when you don’t have items you want to enchant or craft items for a long period of time? Something else in specific?

Greater Rift keys take up a slot for each different level (and can't be dropped or sold- ironically enough if you inventory is full they will go on the ground when you get one).

Trial keys stack only to 100 and can't be deleted. I really shouldn't have to put this on a mule (my character slots are full anyway) and then delete the character to get them out of my inventory. Making a trial and leaving the game is too slow. Give me a way to get rid of them or allow me to trade them/turn them into something else.

Rift fragments only to 100 as well and I have THOUSANDS. At least they can be dropped though.

Good news about the ramaladinis but trial/GRIFT keys and rift fragments take up way more space for me.

For other mats, why did you choose 5k and not the largest value the memory allocation would allow?
02/20/2015 12:24 PMPosted by innervation

The arguments just aren't valid. If you're P level 400 or less you can't possibly understand the difference between solo and group play. What a farce. What an absolute joke. I know you really want more stash space, but you can't spout bull!@#$ and tell everyone it's raining candy bars. (and by you, I mean them, Trinity).

It is.

One does not need to take a math class to learn 1+1=2 , but if he doesn't, people are going to tell him to take a math class before jumping into a math discussion.

It isn't the lack of experience that makes you ignorant. It is the ignorance that makes you ignorant, so people suggest you either 1) reach high paragon level, so you are more likely to understand what we're talking about or 2) play HC, so you are more likely to understand what we're talking about.
it would be helpful to hear from you all about any scenarios in particular that are causing you to run out of space more frequently.

do you guys expect that we farm exactly all mats to craft ONE single item and then repeat?
this would take ages if we want to test/try something and need certain rolls...

same story with keys of any sort...
if you find a decent group you dont want to leave cuz you are out of keys or something...

salvaged a complete rainment+rolands one day before the rework announcement cuz of stash issue and have to farm them again i gues if i like the coming changes... YAY!

This is off-topic but I don't want to make a new thread. I just want to say thank you for the sentry counter!
This should be wayyyyy down on the list of things to get changed. Im 600+ paragon and 275+ on the season and played season one. It was pretty simple to say welp this isn't going to be needed and I should break this and this down when season one ended. I even kept some sets for when they are redone so its not like im keeping just potential stuff I am going to use right away and guess what still plenty of space. The crafting argument is also pretty darn silly if you need the mats for crafting and our saving over 5k of everything and not crafting then you are hoarding that is plenty of crafts even for things that are 80 mats a piece of a certain item like weapons or reapers wraps etc. You will have plenty of ancient crafts with that many mats. If more space is needed for something it would be the blood shard cap the stash can wait. I would even be for more char slots before the stash is touched not a pressing need for me but I can at least wrap my mind around people needing more char space if you have seasonal guys, hardcore guys and non seasonal people.
Things clogging up my stash space.

-Rift Keystone

I have over 900 in my stash because I ran a ton of bounties before the fix that increases the chances of getting a cache legendary to 100% at T6. That's 10 spots in my stash that are being hogged by these things. If it weren't for goblins and season 2, I'd probably have that down to under 900. Please, make these stack to 5k.

-Greater Rift Keystones

Can't remember if I have over 100 trial keys or not. Again, these should stack much higher. Also trails blow and the current system for GR lvls is quite obnoxious. Over shoot and the options are either sit on the keystone until it's feasible to do the level without too much pain or deal with some major pain if one over shoots by quite a bit. Not only raise the cap on these things, just do away with trials and let players select the GR lvl they want to run, assuming they've unlocked it.

-Legendary Gems

Since it's time consuming to level these, it's just more practical to level one of each gem and get into the habit of pulling them out of sockets and storing them in the stash. That means a number of stash slots that can't be used for gear. Worse, seasons are going to give players, who play a character seriously, an influx of ranked legendary gems that may be worse than the ones they have, but are loath to chuck. There really needs to be a different system here because it's not going to feel fun nuking o selling ranked up legendary gems to claim inventory space.

As for the OP's point. I agree, my experience with the game, leaves me to feel that stash space wasn't designed with the idea that people play more than one class. The various builds from just one class, can easily suck down a decent chunk of stash space. A player isn't going to have enough room, if they want to play all six classes and try out the different builds.

Also the layered RNG encourages players to save well rolled pieces of gear because they will be punished if they salvage such gear. Get a well rolled item and you don't know the next time you'll see something similar to it drop; especially, class specific non-weapon off-hands (it's hard to get a well rolled one and they are awful to enchant most of the time).

I'd strongly suggest you guys look into skill boost stats. These are probably one of the biggest offenders in causing loot bloat. These stats also make the previously mentioned off-hands obnoxious to farm and enchant. You guys really should look into consolidated those down into a smaller pool of stats, ideally something that is more class agnostic.

I'd also suggest looking into doing a pass on some of the stats that roll on certain slots or items. As I said, the layered RNG encourages players to hoard gear. I really have to wonder if there is any reason to say armor roll on a Crusader Shield, since I'm pretty sure no one wants that stat on their Crusader's Shield. It won't completely stop people from saving items, but maybe people wouldn't feel a need to do so with the most common non-trash legendary items. I mean remove armor and consolidate skill boost stats and I'm willing to be that class specific non-weapon off-hands will still have the widest range of possible rolls.
I like to change things up so as to the higher stacks for things like lesser rift keys, and greater rift trial keys I personally have at least a couple thousand lesser rift keys. Those are from leveling characters, helping friends and clan mates power level, doing bounties with friends for a change of pace, and many of them were from the stash merger after season one.

Honestly I have more keys than I anticipate needing for some time however they are taking up so many spaces in my stash I can't keep actual gear that interests me. I no longer have space to put away set pieces for other characters if something interesting drops. I keep them because I want to be able to do bounties whenever I like instead of being forced to do bounties when all I want is to rift.

Sometimes I just want to run lesser rifts for legendary drops, gold (seasonal mostly), crafting materials, gems, or blood shards. I can get many of these things from greater rifts but not in the same way or quantity and I find greater rifts tend to get stale quickly. Every now and then it's exciting when a goblin pack shakes things up. This tends to result in having more trial keys than I will use fast enough to keep them from overtaking my stash. Having easier ways to dispose of them would be nice. Selling them (even for one gold), or what if I could salvage them for a chance to get a Death's Breath or a Forgotten Soul? That'd be cool.

You might want to consider equalizing the drop chances of Gifts. I'm nowhere close to getting aggro about Gifts stacking. They hardly ever drop for me.
Stack rift keystones and trial keys up to 500. Why restrict us to stacks of 100?
auto pick up crafting material pls
Stash space:

You have legendary bracers with 6 elemetal dmg. Asume you keep just one (very very nice elemental bracers ) of each str/dex/int. That is 18 Strongarm bracers that any of us have. I also kept 4 Furnace, one piece of each set item for every class, one piece of ancient build defining weapon/class type and also one full mule with hellfire ammy crafting mats together with blue/white/yellow stacks rift fragment keys and also specific build items for dps WD, support WD, movement sped items for each class with every elemental dmg ( rings for WD, belt for Dh, belt for barb, danneta etc) 18 SOj (str/dex/int - each with its elemental dmg), 4 hellfire amulets. This are just from the top of my head. In total of 6 mules, and 80% full stash Mostly it is due to elemental dmg on gear that brings diversity and makes me keep a strongarm bracer 640Dex/19%cold/580VIT/all rez ( Since i know i need to reroll all rez to 6%cc)

If we were able to reroll 2 stats instead of just 1, most stash space problems would be gone.
02/20/2015 04:37 PMPosted by Millin

-Legendary Gems

Since it's time consuming to level these, it's just more practical to level one of each gem and get into the habit of pulling them out of sockets and storing them in the stash. That means a number of stash slots that can't be used for gear. Worse, seasons are going to give players, who play a character seriously, an influx of ranked legendary gems that may be worse than the ones they have, but are loath to chuck. There really needs to be a different system here because it's not going to feel fun nuking o selling ranked up legendary gems to claim inventory space.

Excellent point, I had forgotten that. I'm too lazy to move gems around so I'll typically level up a bunch for the toons I don't play much.

IMO a better system would just be if we unlocked global ranks for gems and could get as many extra copies of that highest ranked particular gem from Shen or whoever. Really all woulud be is a QoL improvement to save me some time swapping gems around if I want to really min/max (my personal laziness aside). Not having to do this saves server load as I wouldn't have to create a bunch of games to shuffle around gear (which is why we need a better UI to manage inventory across characters regardless).
There is almost no reason to keep all the legendary items that drops"

Yeah, because we want to farm 20000 hours for ancient legendaries each time set bonuses change.
Since they are asking about items and I am happy they are doing this so I would say for me it is:

-Regular Rift Keys and Trial Keystones which could use stackable amount increases to a much higher number definitely.

-An option in the menu to have enabling/or disabling automatic regular health potion pick up would be good too.

-Ramalandi gifts are stacking now too apparently now? I welcome this change.

-I would suggest also raising the blood shard cap.

Thank you Blizzard.
it would be helpful to hear from you all about any scenarios in particular that are causing you to run out of space more frequently.

There have been about 20 very good, non-flaming, detailed posts on the issues we are experiencing. I'm pretty sure we've been telling you. Now it's obvious no one was listening because you still want "to hear from you all about any scenarios in particular"

Stash space is a no brainer problem, I usually stash at least 3 different versions of the same item for the SAME character, you want to do this usually for different elemental damages, getting area damage instead of cooldown, cooldown instead of AD, attack speed instead of cool down, maybe crit damage instead of attack speed, life per hit instead of life per resource spent or % damage? you name it, each one of these items is better at something and it promotes testing and build diversity since every build benefits differently from each piece.

This is specially true today with developers increasing the item diversity on each patch and steadily adding new affixes on items for the player base to test.

Stash space is limited and mule characters defeat the whole purpose of an ARPG , why are we indirectly encouraged to create a hero just to hold up stuff and temporarily solve our space needs? that is a huge offense for the character creation system in my opinion, every player having a mule represents every time the stashing system has failed.

The number 1 scenario that causes me to run low on stash space is finding really well rolled loot for my alts or a build I'm not currently playing.
That gifts have not stacked from the beginning show that the devs have zero clue on what players actually deal with.
More stash space

Bam Bam

More stash space

Bam Bam