2.2 during Season 2?

General Discussion
I'm pretty sure I heard one of the devs say something about not doing big content patches during a season, instead they would do that in between seasons. Am I mistaken?
It's more likely that we'll see the PTR sometime next month with the release of patch 2.2 between seasons two and three.
2-4 months maybe longer you never know
That's what I assumed. At least knowing that we'll have a little better of an idea as to when the season will end.
02/19/2015 05:22 PMPosted by DatDynoMight
I'm pretty sure I heard one of the devs say something about not doing big content patches during a season, instead they would do that in between seasons. Am I mistaken?

You are not mistaken! We discussed this during the Tavern Talk last week. :)

The plan from here on forward is to (1) end a season, (2) patch, then (3) launch the new season. However, there may still be cases where a small patch for a critical bug fix or something similar is necessary.
Could we get a small patch for blood shard cap, g rift trial stone tedium, set imbalance (firebirds *cough*), monster affixes with no available counterplay, and some skill coefficient tweaking for the least used skills in the game?
02/19/2015 06:08 PMPosted by Nevalistis

You are not mistaken! We discussed this during the [url="http://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/17963737/"]Tavern Talk[/url] last week. :)

The plan from here on forward is to (1) end a season, (2) patch, then (3) launch the new season. However, there may still be cases where a small patch for a critical bug fix or something similar is necessary.

Why does this make it sound like a "season" is a beta for the current patch to address changes for the subsequent patch?

EDIT: Beta is the incorrect term. It sounds more like "seasons" are embedded lengthy PTRs under this model.
The plan from here on forward is to (1) end a season, (2) patch, then (3) launch the new season.

A moderate goal for the season is 5 months, hope we wont have 2.2 on the PTR for 4.

Kind of dampens the excitement of the announcement knowing it's 4-5 months off. =/
You're kidding right?

We have to wait another HALF A YEAR for you to actually try and fix the abysmal state of itemization in this game.

I mean... god damn it Blizzard.

Right now the class balance is a freaking travesty, the difficulty is equally stupid with the addition of your genius *ancient legendaries* and thanks to the XP changes you will have people at paragon 800 within the next few days.

I mean it really doesn't take a genius to see that there is NOTHING TO DO in this game given the current state of pigeon holed builds and T6's laughable difficulty.

So unless your planning on making seasons last 2 weeks this just kills any and all hope I had for this miserable title. Not to mention your steadfast determination to NEVER IMPLEMENT any quality of life changes, tavern talk made that pretty obvious.
02/19/2015 06:24 PMPosted by Malecite
Your kidding right?

We have to wait another HALF A YEAR for you to actually try and fix the abysmal state of itemization in this game.

Where on earth did you take that itemization would be 'fixed' from reading 2.2 notes?!
Your kidding right?

Where on earth did you take that itemization would be 'fixed' from reading 2.2 notes?!

It says right in the post that they are trying to introduce more sets to fix build diversity and changing many of the existing legendary items.

If that isn't "trying to fix" the current itemization then I don't know what you would interpret it as.

What annoys me is the fact that the patch following season one introduced way more problems than it solved and now we are left waiting for god knows how long before they probably muck it up further.

Right from the start I knew seasons would be a stupid idea, and now it appears they are also serving to delay vital patches and content updates if the Devs are only going to patch between them.
02/19/2015 06:26 PMPosted by Vresiberba

It says right in the post that they are trying to introduce more sets to fix build diversity and changing many of the existing legendary items.

If that isn't "trying to fix" the current itemization then I don't know what you would interpret as.

Well, heh, that's not itemization.
patch 2.2 would've been so good this season..
02/19/2015 06:33 PMPosted by joblagz
patch 2.2 would've been so good this season..

What you mean more goblins and ancient legendaries that completely trivialized any difficulty remaining in the game wasn't enough for you?

Now your just getting Greedy, like Greed, whose Gem also makes you permanently invincible 100% of the time.

Not like that would have any impact on the game either.
02/19/2015 06:17 PMPosted by innervation
Could we get a small patch for blood shard cap, g rift trial stone tedium, set imbalance (firebirds *cough*), monster affixes with no available counterplay, and some skill coefficient tweaking for the least used skills in the game?

LOL...That reminds me of my Chilton's Auto Repair Manual, specifically, the instructions for rebuilding an engine in a 1978 Chevy Monte Carlo:

Step 1: Remove Engine.
Step 2: Support engine on engine stand or other suitable fixture...

HA! What you are asking is pretty easy to say, but you are talking in vague concepts there, and whatever would end up fixing it would sure as heck not be a "small patch!"

Now, raising the Blood Shard cap would actually be a small patch, and the devs are dicks for not giving a little bit of ground on that one...

You are not mistaken! We discussed this during the [url="http://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/17963737/"]Tavern Talk[/url] last week. :)

Wow, that's ridiculous.

Please have mercy and don't make those new Sets Seasonal (timed) only. Everyone wants new builds :(
The plan from here on forward is to (1) end a season, (2) patch, then (3) launch the new season.

While this seems obvious it is shame you realized this after ruining my 6 month effort by introducing 2.1.2 month before reseting era.

why no date for the end of season 2? its not professionnal ^^
So then no 2.2 until S2 ends? Then why do we need to play. Part of the reason I was gearing up in S2 was for the P2.2 set stuff that I thought was coming later.