Cursed Realms! (Found in Datamine)

General Discussion
So it looks like Blizzard is adding some new content in 2.2.0 called Cursed Realms. Big whoop, right!? WRONG!

Look at this!

For All Cursed Realms - Your skills and gear do not function in this realm. / Healing is Supressed. / Pets and Followers are Removed. / Collect Vials by walking through them or all at once with the Ethereal Grasp power.

It looks like the game is adding a mode that's 100% skill based and independent of builds / gear!!!!

What do you guys think these Cursed Realms are!?

EDIT: After looking this over it appears to be a little minigame that you have a random chance of being able to play. Perhaps it spawns randomly after a bounty or after killing a goblin!

Cursed Realm Results - Final Reagent Total: You Collected: [VALUE] / You lost: [VALUE]

It looks like you earn rewards and or lose rewards based on how well you do.

There looks to be 7 different modes.

Explosive Wake - You drop Explosions behind you every 2 seconds! Don't stop!

Permenant Conduit - Lightning strikes everything around you! Enemies explode in Molten death!

Arcane Death - Nearby enemies die, creating dangerous arcane beams! Your Movement Speed progressively increases!

Random Teleportation - You teleport up to 5 times times every 5 seconds!! Enemies cast Thunderstorm all around you!!

Random Speed - Your movement Speed changes randomly every 4 seconds!! Enemies cast Thunderstorm all around you!!

Spirit Totems - Spirit Totems explode when you are near!

Frozen Statues - Enemies are Frozen Statues. They explode into Frost Nova's on approach!!

I don't even know what this is but it already looks like so much fun!
Sounds like a waste of time unless you can target legendary items.

Ie: I use nothing, but I need a Torch. Target Torch, if win realm, win Torch (not guaranteed Ancient but you get the item).
I'm curious. Since none of your skills and items work, you are basically walking naked in that realm. How's that going to work?
^^^
So a survival twist to D3, where you can't do jack but run and CC enemies, lol.
02/24/2015 08:37 PMPosted by Wilson
^^^
So a survival twist to D3, where you can't do jack but run and CC enemies, lol.

Kind of.

You are possibly gambling something in return for something else. Maybe this is a crafting materials sink!?

02/24/2015 08:36 PMPosted by Highborne
Sounds like a waste of time unless you can target legendary items.

Ie: I use nothing, but I need a Torch. Target Torch, if win realm, win Torch (not guaranteed Ancient but you get the item).

Why would it be a waste of time?

If you refer to the OP, it looks like one of the game modes has you dodging arcane beams. If you get hit once, you probably lose.

How is that even remotely a waste of time!? Hell, I'd do it even if there wasn't a reward because I like things like this.
Interesting.
I don't get it, what's the point in that.. I hope it's just a new way of leveling 1-70 why would you want to run around using 0 skills of your own, sounds like a one time ride and then ignore it.
I'm game.
02/24/2015 08:41 PMPosted by Behemoth
I don't get it, what's the point in that..

What do you mean what's the point?

It looks like a challenge mode where you wager something and get something valuable in return. Depending on how well you perform, you earn better and better rewards.

AND, to top it all off it looks like it's NOT subject to RNG based progression like the rest of the game is!

I'd do it just for the S&G's because I find skill based content incredibly fun. I'm super excited to find out what these are!
I'm game.

Might as well throw in a 1-2 damage dagger and we can play resident evil with the zombies. Pretty certain its gonna be all slow mobs anyhow.
Sounds like a Super Mario game mode to me.
Looks fun :)

Maybe a chance to appear when you kill a goblin or complete a cursed chest. I prefer after a goblin, I like goblins and for sure will be better then raibow hell.

Waste of time? Some fun in a GAME is waste of time?

Some people play this game like they are working, what a crazy world...
02/24/2015 08:46 PMPosted by Drothvader
02/24/2015 08:41 PMPosted by Behemoth
I don't get it, what's the point in that..

What do you mean what's the point?

It looks like a challenge mode where you wager something and get something valuable in return. Depending on how well you perform, you earn better and better rewards.

AND, to top it all off it looks like it's NOT subject to RNG based progression like the rest of the game is!

I'd do it just for the S&G's because I find skill based content incredibly fun. I'm super excited to find out what these are!

You seriously would do this over and over again like Grifts/rifts with zero variation? Dodge arcane turrets, 10 hours a day, every day? Hm...

You can't even play fun builds in there you are forced to what they give you.
02/24/2015 08:49 PMPosted by jtcdgroup

Yeah, somewhat.

02/24/2015 08:49 PMPosted by Bolander

I know, right!?

People whine and complain that there's nothing skill based in D3 and it looks like Blizzard is adding that very thing and people want to complain about it being pointless when they don't even know what it does...

02/24/2015 08:51 PMPosted by Behemoth
You seriously would do this over and over again like Grifts/rifts with zero variation? Dodge arcane turrets, 10 hours a day, every day? Hm...

Yes, yes I would.

I'm confused, why is this remotely even pointless if you don't know what its function is?
If there was a significant reward at the end of it and you have to turn in a certain amount of "Vials" to get said reward, then yeah, it sounds awesome. If it's just for funsies then naw dawg.....naw.
02/24/2015 08:52 PMPosted by Drothvader
02/24/2015 08:49 PMPosted by jtcdgroup

Yeah, somewhat.

02/24/2015 08:49 PMPosted by Bolander

I know, right!?

People whine and complain that there's nothing skill based in D3 and it looks like Blizzard is adding that very thing and people want to complain about it being pointless when they don't even know what it does...

02/24/2015 08:51 PMPosted by Behemoth

Yes, yes I would.

I'm confused, why is this remotely even pointless if you don't know what its function is?

I hope your ready for a 24h marathon stream, I wanna see that if it's what I think it is going to be. :D
This sounds awesome. I really hope its not a super rare occurrence like The Vault.

Also would be amazing if you could compete in a hosted game.
@Drothvader Exactly

it looks like there was a very, very secret closed beta working around and the top player already now everything about the never told cursed realms.
And I was thinking that a non oficial information in a datamine was just description of some content... How dumb i am.
02/24/2015 08:55 PMPosted by DewFuel
Also would be amazing if you could compete in a hosted game.

Dude, that would be cool too!

Like you and a friend queue up and see who can live the longest!