Patch 2.2.0 Focused Feedback

Blizzard Archive
1 2 3 52 Next
Last Updated: March 10

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Welcome, nephalem, to the Patch 2.2.0 PTR!

This upcoming patch features numerous quality of life and item revisions for Diablo III: Reaper of Souls. For more information on the full scope of Patch 2.2.0, please check out our latest PTR patch notes here and our Patch Preview here.

We want to make the most of your testing efforts, so while we welcome any and all feedback, we are currently looking for focused discussions on the following topics:

• Updates to existing Class Sets
    • Immortal King's Call
    • Roland's Legacy
    • Natalya's Vengeance
    • Inna's Mantra
    • Raiment of a Thousand Storms
    • Zunimassa's Haunt
    • Firebird's Finery
    • Tal Rasha's Elements

• New Class Sets
    • Wrath of the Wastes (Barbarian)
    • Unhallowed Essence (Demon Hunter)
    • Delsere's Magnum Opus (Wizard)

• Other Legendary Items
    • Bastions of Will
      • Focus
      • Restraint

To help guide your feedback, we ask that you use the following format:

• Name of the set you are testing:
  • What do you like most?
  • What do you like least?
  • How do you feel about the playstyle provided when this set is fully equipped?
  • Approximate power level (Highest Greater Rift reached, Torment difficulty played, etc.)
    • Do you feel this compares with other sets for your class? Why or why not?
  • Additional comments:

With that said, thank you to all our PTR participants. Your feedback is appreciated and continues to be integral to our design and iteration process. Happy testing!

Please Note: In order to facilitate focused feedback, posts in this thread that are not relevant to the topics listed above will be deleted. Please create a new thread for your concerns if they are outside the above topics. Thank you!
(*Psst* Wrath of the Wastes !)
I really like the new new IK set... but he needs a Upgrade:
i think a new item for the set could be amazing. a shoulder maybe.

also : Immortal King's Boulder Breaker SUCKS HARD !!!!

Primary
+495–787 Strength
Secondary
Ignores Durability Loss
One of 7 Magic Properties (varies)
+(732–894)–(877–1111) Arcane Damage
+(732–894)–(877–1111) Poison Damage
+(732–894)–(877–1111) Lightning Damage
+(732–894)–(877–1111) Holy Damage
+(732–894)–(877–1111) Cold Damage
+(732–894)–(877–1111) Fire Damage
+(732–894)–(877–1111) Damage +4 Random Magic Properties

FOR THE GODS.. remove this Ignore Durability Loss.. worst add ever created.

make it have 5 primaries affix.

maybe give it : Call of ancients deals 50% more dmg.

This Weapon should be the MUST GO for IK set.

current it's so bad that make Ring of Royal Grandeur fell more part of the set than the Breaker !!

BLIZZARD REWORK THIS WEAPON !!

EDIT:

i just remembered something. With Perma Call of the Ancients and Wrath of the Berserker those 2 skill feels dead o the our skill bar. We never use it.. only if we die.

my suggestion : give then some buff for activation.

Call of the Ancients: change this rune and make it native from the skill.

Ancients' Blessing: Heal for 65% Life when the Ancients are called.

Wrath of the Berserker: change this rune and make it native from the skill.

now we hava reason to active it again.

Arreat's Wail: Activating Wrath of the Berserker deals 3400% weapon damage as Fire to all enemies within 15 yards.

this change would solve 2 problems. 2 useless runes and the lack of reason to reactive the skills.
I'm currently using an Inna-Wuko set-up. While I was a bit disheartened by the adjustment to Inna's in removing the 3p bonus (Spirit Regen boost and Sweeping Winds spirit cost reduction), I've quickly changed my mind. The bonus I receive from the Mantra and Mystic Ally boost is much more significant, especially since having the four-mantra bonus stacks with the 100% Mantra boost - which significantly increased my damage and survivability.
I'm going to adjust my set-up in an attempt to work on having the 6-piece for Inna's as well to see how it will work out, if possible.
02/25/2015 04:32 PMPosted by Lyho
(*Psst* Wrath of the Wastes !)

Psst!

02/25/2015 02:40 PMPosted by Nevalistis
For this first PTR, we've left out the Wrath of the Wastes (Barbarian) set as it's still receiving iteration. While you're welcome to test it out in its current state, we’re not yet looking for feedback on it and you should expect changes in a future PTR patch.
Whoopsy daisies :D

I'll give some nice wizard feedback as soon as I can play with decent latency to apologize^^
The change to inna's literally virtually killed Sweeping wind, the cost of 75 is simply not worth having it on the skill bar on stop of it's stacking condition. Having mystic ally copy skills still wont allow it to compete with SWK at all.
Raiment is a mess still. The 2 pc is cool for generator builds, it will be possible to make something with them I think, but the dashing strike is a failed idea that needs to go. I think SSS will have a better home in this set.
Name of the set you are testing: Zunimassa's Haunt
What do you like most? It's currently a bad bonus, so nothing
What do you like least? It has an incredible high opportunity cost in form of: loss of TnT, loss unity/soj/tmf, loss of a good mojo, and for carnevil it forces an additional spender (at the expense of e.g. a group damage buff via hex).

How do you feel about the playstyle provided when this set is fully equipped?
Even if the set bonus is tuned accordingly it doesn't change all that much over non 6pc. Still plays nearly the same as with a 4pc Zunimassa's, just being considerably more restrictive in item choice

Approximate power level (Highest Greater Rift reached, Torment difficulty played, etc.):
As it stands, the opportunity cost it so high, that it's not stronger than any of the prominent S2 builts.

Do you feel this compares with other sets for your class? Why or why not?
The new 6pc is neither built defining, nor actually as strong as the Jade Harvester.

Additional comments: Zunimassa's shares the underlying problem of all WD 6pc sets (regardless of the actual use of the resp. bonuses). The set masks lack unique affixes, yet those happen to be built defining (both strength and skillset wise) for all of our builds, and whence it's more an 5pc+RoRG bonus, as we're a priori locked down to the 5 remaining items. It's exacerbated for zunimassa's, because the set also includes up to three (at least two) slots for items with usually strong affixes (gloves, ring, mojo) - something the zunimassa items themself lack.
02/25/2015 06:07 PMPosted by Blackglitch
The change to inna's literally virtually killed Sweeping wind, the cost of 75 is simply not worth having it on the skill bar on stop of it's stacking condition. Having mystic ally copy skills still wont allow it to compete with SWK at all.

At 3 stacks of Sweeping Winds, I currently have 28 Spirit Regen per second. Given Sweeping Winds lasts for 6 seconds, I can afford to keep it up between enemy groups currently. :3
I'm going to try to adjust my set-up for more Resource Cost Reduction while also getting an Inna's Radiance and Inna's Reach so I can have the 4p Sunwuko, 6p Inna's, and Crudest Boots all at once and see how it works.
Tal Rasha's Elements

I did a quick test on the set, and here is what i found:
I like the damage buff of the 6 pc bonus, increase extremely high in damage, making the meteors so powerful. The 4pc bonus gives a nice defensive bonus.

I don't like the way the damage stack of the 6 pc bonus reapplied. After four elements casted, the damage buff will disappear after 3 seconds, and you have to restart again. This makes the channeling builds harder to maintain, or that the set doesn't allow channeling build to reach potential.

Overall the set offer very high burst damage style, which also put a strain on resources. This is good because it will encourage the generator-spender alternatively. It is also a fast-pace casting skills style, not kiting type. It would be better if we can some how maintain the fully stacked buff for a bit longer, because the change in element is strictly bad to use on skills with "high" cool down, such as Black Hole (12s cd). Thus, to be able to reach max stack again and as fast as possible, then skill such as Black Hole is a no no. Having a way to some how maintain the full stacked buff for 2 more seconds would be much better.

I tested at T6, which the fully stacked meteors blew up everything, the instant i finished casting the fourth spell, everything disappeared.

EDIT: Found a Blizzcon Ring.

I just had a blast with the set and the ring.

Here's the build i just tried around the set: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/wizard#bNPOSl!TZXR!bYZbbb

1.Getting three stacks of Arcane Dynamo first. Wait for elemental ring to cycle to Lightning again.

2.Cast Shock Pulse (lightning meteor, first element buff, 4th Dynamo)

3.Cast Blizzard (Cold meteor, bane of the trapped, element buff x 2, 4th Dynamo)

4.Cast Black Hole (Fire meteor, element buff x3, 4th Dynamo)

5.Cast Shock Pulse again (Lightning, element buff x3, 5th Dynamo)

6. Cast Black Hole again (you will auto attack, and if your weapon damage is arcane, it will proc Star Pact)

7.Cast Star Pact (Kaboom, damage from BlizzCon ring, 5th Dynamo, element buff x 4, bane of the trapped, EE passive, Strong Arm brace debuff, other gems depend on how you set it up)

The BlizzCon ring and the set makes the gameplay more interactive and require timing the skills, especially for Dynamo stacks to be able buff the last 2 Star Pacts, and the BlizzCon ring to get the maximum damage. Overall, the set and the ring gave me satisfaction of being the true Element Master.

Note: I specifically test the BlizzCon ring, not doing a damage race, because focus and restrain set would out damage the BlizzCon ring by far.
02/25/2015 06:16 PMPosted by stupidhero
Name of the set you are testing: Zunimassa's Haunt
What do you like most? It's currently a bad bonus, so nothing
What do you like least? It has an incredible high opportunity cost in form of: loss of TnT, loss unity/soj/tmf, loss of a good mojo, and for carnevil it forces an additional spender (at the expense of e.g. a group damage buff via hex).

How do you feel about the playstyle provided when this set is fully equipped?
Even if the set bonus is tuned accordingly it doesn't change all that much over non 6pc. Still plays nearly the same as with a 4pc Zunimassa's, just being considerably more restrictive in item choice

Approximate power level (Highest Greater Rift reached, Torment difficulty played, etc.):
As it stands, the opportunity cost it so high, that it's not stronger than any of the prominent S2 builts.

Do you feel this compares with other sets for your class? Why or why not?
The new 6pc is neither built defining, nor actually as strong as the Jade Harvester.

Additional comments: Zunimassa's shares the underlying problem of all WD 6pc sets (regardless of the actual use of the resp. bonuses). The set masks lack unique affixes, yet those happen to be built defining (both strength and skillset wise) for all of our builds, and whence it's more an 5pc+RoRG bonus, as we're a priori locked down to the 5 remaining items. It's exacerbated for zunimassa's, because the set also includes up to three (at least two) slots for items with usually strong affixes (gloves, ring, mojo) - something the zunimassa items themself lack.

I make his words mine, I've come to the PTR to see the changes in the Zunimassa Set, unfortunatly so far they are useless...

My opinion:
  • The fact that the new set piece is a gloves slots makes the melee (physical) fetish build weaker, you have to take out your Tasker gloves which are insanily good to the build.
  • Also, I really think that the Zuni set should be a SUMMON based set, not only focused on fetish army but also/maybe zombie dogs and gargantuan.
  • The last thing to say are about the overall set bonus, since the release of this dagger (http://us.battle.net/d3/en/item/starmetal-kukri) you no longer need the "fetish army lasts until you die" bonus cause you can easily get your army to hit enemies enough times to reset the cooldown from the fetish army summon skill before the end of it's own duration.
  • I would love to see some really cool bonuses been added to this set, compared to the other classes changes, WD seems to get the worst changes.
    It seems that 2.2.0 raiment set bonuses are disconnected. The 2pc bonus has very little to do with the 4pc and 6pc bonuses. There is no easy way to fix this unless dashing strike connection is removed from the set bonuses.
    the zuni set changes are terrible.
    they force you to either give up the mask of jeram which is already 100% pet damage, for proc based 100% pet damage.... or the taskers - which is 50% pet attack speed.

so its just making them hit harder, but far less, which is no buff at all.

the changes to zuni, should either be shoulders or necklack, not gloves.
    witch doctor is not playable in 2.2.0 nothing I have to say Im very disappointed is my favorte class
    02/25/2015 07:01 PMPosted by Kunaak
    the zuni set changes are terrible.
    they force you to either give up the mask of jeram which is already 100% pet damage, for proc based 100% pet damage.... or the taskers - which is 50% pet attack speed.

so its just making them hit harder, but far less, which is no buff at all.

the changes to zuni, should either be shoulders or necklack, not gloves.

Unfortunately that would still leave you having to take the ring, mojo, and helm (or any 2 of those 3 if you also use a RoRG- which locks out unique, build-defining helms, SoJ/Unity/TMF/LMF, or any number of utility enhancing mojos). Lots of bad choices here and for no real improvement in game play.

Are the 2p/3p (mana buffing bonuses) not changing because of the 6p being a conditional on casting a spender? Even if you keep those (which are underpowered and uninspired), mana on kill DOES NOT SCALE, and the int/AR bonuses are pretty anemic, not to mention boring in the context of all the other reworks that went on giving new, unique bonuses to the 'old' sets. We got stuck with the same old, same old. Feels like you either don't understand or don't care about WDs.
    02/25/2015 06:16 PMPosted by HyperFusion
    02/25/2015 06:07 PMPosted by Blackglitch

At 3 stacks of Sweeping Winds, I currently have 28 Spirit Regen per second. Given Sweeping Winds lasts for 6 seconds, I can afford to keep it up between enemy groups currently. :3
    I'm going to try to adjust my set-up for more Resource Cost Reduction while also getting an Inna's Radiance and Inna's Reach so I can have the 4p Sunwuko, 6p Inna's, and Crudest Boots all at once and see how it works.

Yea but remember the fight against the first season legendary that increased SW time to 6 minutes; it wasn't needed because the inna set effect rendered the cost meaningless. Now there is no reason to have it on your skill bar, it eats more spirit than it is worth. On top on making a skill useless vengeful wind is now a guaranteed soul.
    02/25/2015 07:35 PMPosted by Blackglitch
    Yea but remember the fight against the first season legendary that increased SW time to 6 minutes; it wasn't needed because the inna set effect rendered the cost meaningless. Now there is no reason to have it on your skill bar, it eats more spirit than it is worth. On top on making a skill useless vengeful wind is now a guaranteed soul.

I understand many may think it is useless, but on a personal level.. I still enjoy Sweeping Winds. I'm already a melee class, so anything near me takes additional damage from it without me having to do much else besides attack anyway (since it refreshes) plus I gain the 8 more Spirit per Second. Combined with using it as a Holy skill and using Holy Damage +% stats, what isn't to like about it? :D
    With my current Inna-Wuko set-up, I myself am perfectly content. Sure, it may not work for other folks.. and yes, it isn't -perfect-, but I am happy with it. :3
    02/25/2015 07:57 PMPosted by HyperFusion
    I understand many may think it is useless, but on a personal level.. I still enjoy Sweeping Winds. I'm already a melee class, so anything near me takes additional damage from it without me having to do much else besides attack anyway (since it refreshes) plus I gain the 8 more Spirit per Second. Combined with using it as a Holy skill and using Holy Damage +% stats, what isn't to like about it? :D
    With my current Inna-Wuko set-up, I myself am perfectly content. Sure, it may not work for other folks.. and yes, it isn't -perfect-, but I am happy with it. :3

it is too far from perfect. It sounds like your running a niche build around generators, otherwise you are being wasteful with your spirit. with the full SWK + full inna you lose use of torch with bells, cindercoat and furnace with ltk(niche build of it's own), fist of az for the ep buff. All you have left is tempest rush which is useless with 6 pc inna's and cyclone strike which is again another skill that isn't really worth it, and I know because i run a cyclone SWK build myself, and only because i wanted something different, it isn't competitive.
    New sets arent dropping mister blue, you can ask anyone...
    the funny thing is u just said you want feedback about it.. -_-
    brb tomorrow!

btw make the 2000% bonus drop last until sunday the 7? thkx :)