Patch 2.2.0 Focused Feedback

Blizzard Archive
Prev 1 19 20 21 52 Next
When the PTR was launched and I saw the IK set buff for perma WOTB and pants with WOTB gains all runes I thought awesome.

But then I see this...

03/04/2015 10:01 AMPosted by Nevalistis
Immortal King's Call - Legs

So my only question is, how do we equip two pairs of pants on the one Character?
You know, if you're going to add the set pieces to hotly contested slots, can we get non-garbage legendaries for the slots that have zero options? There's currently one good legendary (non-set) drop in the game for shoulders: Vile Ward.
03/04/2015 10:12 AMPosted by Tiem
So Zuni gets pants that directly conflict with the new Zuni pants that are not actually part of the set. Can't win for losing -_-

Before we get off track - try not to take the above change in a vacuum. As mentioned, there's a lot of other changes coming, I just don't have the ability to list them all right here, right now (I'd essentially be writing the patch notes, which is already being worked on by one of my colleagues).

Rather than focusing on just this change, treat it as additional information when considering your feedback. And remember:

02/25/2015 02:40 PMPosted by Nevalistis
Please Note: In order to facilitate focused feedback, posts in this thread that are not relevant to the topics listed above will be deleted. Please create a new thread for your concerns if they are outside the above topics. Thank you!
03/04/2015 10:18 AMPosted by Nevalistis
Before we get off track - try not to take the above change in a vacuum. As mentioned, there's a lot of other changes coming, I just don't have the ability to list them all right here, right now (I'd essentially be writing the patch notes, which is already being worked on by one of my colleagues).

Rather than focusing on just this change, treat it as additional information when considering your feedback.
Yes, but we don't know about those other changes yet. What we do know is that, as currently described, the additional slot options aren't helpful because they're in contentious slots, and there are obviously non-contentious slots that could have been chosen instead. You could be moving other legendaries to less contentious slots (i.e. Mortick's Breeches made into shoulders). Or not. All that we do know is that, as described, the additional slots fail to provide much build flexibility.

So that's my feedback; unless Mortick's Breeches are being moved into the shoulder slot, adding a leg slot to Immortal King's Call is strictly inferior (by a substantial margin) in promoting build diversity to adding a shoulder slot.
So Zuni gets pants that directly conflict with the new Zuni pants that are not actually part of the set. Can't win for losing -_-

Rather than focusing on just this change, treat it as additional information when considering your feedback. And remember:

Please Note: In order to facilitate focused feedback, posts in this thread that are not relevant to the topics listed above will be deleted. Please create a new thread for your concerns if they are outside the above topics. Thank you!

I know. I'm excited about 2.2. There's some wicked cool stuff in there. And I'm not trying to troll. The WD pet doc (despite not getting my first SMK till about P750) has been one of my fav classes and was the first I pushed into T6 (and did well with). So I was eagerly awaiting some love for it. The new non-set Zuni pants are awesome. A game changer for me.

But the rest is a lateral move, as is the new Zuni set. Competition from TNT and MOJ are too strong to warrant its use. Shoulders would have been ideal, not pants as pants conflict.

If you don't want to hear suggestions about one of those specific items but rather as a whole, here goes: rethink the 7th piece on ALL of them :p (but especially Zuni). Hehehe

You may realize now in hindsight that releasing this information so soon may have been a poor decision then. The community is always going to react based on what they currently know. Assuming otherwise is wrong.
Tal Rasha's Elements

Like Most

The best thing about the current and previous iteration is the meteors triggered on elemental damage. Great stuff.

Least Liked

Getting the 6 piece stacking bonus is far too fiddly. It should work exactly like the meteor bonus and trigger on *damage* from any skill you use including armors, familiar, whatever. 3 seconds is also too short for a buff. I am completely fine with lowering the overall damage if the OCD promoting playstyle were relaxed.

Playstyle

Just trying to keep the bonus up and juggling a bunch of attacks in a certain order made me physically ill after a short time. I had to go back to playing M6 to unwind.

Power Level

It's obviously powerful. I was able to one-shot elites when timing things right. However, I have no intention of using this set due to its clunky, aggravating mechanics.

Other Comments

The meteor part feels right. What I'd like to see is a return to the playstyle of the previous iteration where you could channel a spell and have good uses for various runes of Storm and Ice Armor, Magic Weapon (this whole concept needs work btw), and Familiar.

Also, this set still encourages the use of one element type and uses the others only to buff. Instead of the stack bonus, I'd rather see something like all +element damage affixes work as buff all elements affixes. So if you had +20 fire and +20 cold on two pieces of equipment, you would get +40% to arcane, cold, fire, and lightning. Something like that for starters at least.

On top of that, Tal Rasha's Allegiance really ought to roll with elemental damage. The +VIT modifier is just insulting. If anyone actually wanted VIT, Myriam is glad to offer it up *every* *single* *time*.