Sad day for me in D3

General Discussion
I manage as low as 20fps solo, in certain spots.

http://imgur.com/a/eHONf#0

http://imgur.com/a/lgLIM#0
minimum system requirements = Win 95 does not mean it will work on Windows 7
03/01/2015 10:02 PMPosted by prusswan
minimum system requirements = Win 95 does not mean it will work on Windows 7

Dunce.
03/01/2015 01:14 PMPosted by hal8999
03/01/2015 11:44 AMPosted by SteLitY
It really annoys me that people think it's an internet issue when I specifically wrote that I can make out any game except for diablo.

Different games take different paths to different servers located in different places. Just because you don't have problems with those other games doesn't necessarily mean that your problem with D3 isn't network-related.

Do you know the difference between FPS lag and internet lag?! Judging by this unfortunate comment, the answer is clearly not.

It's a D3 issue. The graphics, i.e. FPS, not internet connection, for D3 is very poorly optimize and it FPS-lags (not internet-lags) like crazy when there's a lot of units and spell animation on screen, even with a super high-end computer.

In fact, it's a Blizzard issue more generally. The same problem occurs in SC2.
03/01/2015 11:37 AMPosted by nslay
03/01/2015 11:31 AMPosted by SteLitY
The game still lags in 4 player games. People, like me, are running high end PC's that can max out any game except diablo. It still hasn't been fixed 2 years later. They are aware of it and they just don't care about it anymore.

Is it possible that the lag is due to Internet issues (not necessarily on your side or anything)? I've got a high end system built 5 years ago (first generation i7 and Fermi), and it chews through this game like nothing. What's your rig?

No. The GPU/CPU balance is very poorly optimized overall. Even on my fairly cutting edge rig I get the occasional patch that lags hard in games. It seems to be certain 'seams' between areas that do it. Cesspools is probably the biggest offender, as well as Silver Spire.
03/01/2015 06:32 PMPosted by Joemama
03/01/2015 06:07 PMPosted by MerLock

I've learned to not believe everything my mom tells me.

You lost me on this one?

Look at your nick.
Try disabling sound or lower the sound quality to low, from my experience this has been what's causing most fps drops.

ctrl+s is a handy shortcut to disable and enable sound during certain areas or intense fights.
03/02/2015 07:36 AMPosted by Neptos
Try disabling sound or lower the sound quality to low, from my experience this has been what's causing most fps drops.

ctrl+s is a handy shortcut to disable and enable sound during certain areas or intense fights.

Thanks for confirming this thread that blizzard doesn't care. We have to disable our sound to play the game?
ram doesn't stack when sli.. it's still 4 g.
I had crappy AMD cpu before (weak single core even after oced to 4.8).

After I switched to Intel 4690k and Oced it 4.5 , now frame stays above 50 fps with full group in grifts with v-syn on...

Buya cheap g3258 and oc it to 4.5. What can we do when bliz's games just USE NO MORE THAN TWO CORES.
03/01/2015 01:18 PMPosted by nslay
03/01/2015 01:17 PMPosted by Bricktop

location?

Without being too specific:
North East US on Comcast.

To be fair, Comcast and TWC run through XO Communications which has been crap the past several years. All internet issues with Comcast and TWC have been a result of XO. Running a tracert while having internet issues shows that the affected jump is within XO.

Ever since I moved and got TWC our internet has been spotty and intermittent. This has caused me to lose connection to bnet so many times.

I also think that Diablo public games run off the hosts/party leaders system/connection...Do not have confirmation of this.
For those who want to post screenshots of the game "running fine", please post them from the Act V cemetery with 4 players and a champ pack on the screen. Every toaster in the world can run the game at 60 FPS if you're standing solo on 5 mobs.
03/02/2015 09:22 AMPosted by Demonkiddee
To be fair, Comcast and TWC run through XO Communications which has been crap the past several years.

My Comcast connection is practically flawless. To the point that I don't recall being disconnected in the first year I played D3 from release.
This game is not hard to run on medium hardware tbh
If I'm remembering right it's the way CPU is utilized then?

If you run a 2 core CPU and a high end GPU it will probably affect you more than someone running an I7 and a 6 year old GPU.

For whatever reason Blizzard games are geared to consume more CPU than GPU which is odd considering the games themselves.
03/02/2015 10:39 AMPosted by Helikzhan
If I'm remembering right it's the way CPU is utilized then?

If you run a 2 core CPU and a high end GPU it will probably affect you more than someone running an I7 and a 6 year old GPU.

For whatever reason Blizzard games are geared to consume more CPU than GPU which is odd considering the games themselves.

It's so that every computer made since the the game was made has the ability to run the game. Right now I'm on a machine with no graphics card, just the Intel HD chipset on the board. I can still fire the game up (on all low settings of course), fight some mobs, and do whatever. The game is made to run on absolute minimum specs, but the problem is that it still can't run well when 4 players are on the screen all using abilities on a champ pack.
all the bots and hotboxers drain the servers.
I have no issues with lag, graphics. My cpu does run hot, but that's to be expected of amd fx 6300, my gfx is like... a radeon 6800HD, and I have no graphics lag, so something is up with your computer.
03/02/2015 12:09 PMPosted by JoJo
I have no issues with lag, graphics. My cpu does run hot, but that's to be expected of amd fx 6300, my gfx is like... a radeon 6800HD, and I have no graphics lag, so something is up with your computer.

"I'm fine, it must be you..."

I'm glad you're not a software developer.