Fresh Meat, ‘n’ Greet - kiza#1883

Wizard
I'm a J2E (or J2EE) developer, so Java. Right now, I'm focusing more on Ruby for a specific project. My last two projects dealt with searching.

Like most games, D3 is probably based on C/C++ with a 2D/3D rendering framework or specialized engine. The UI seems to be build on layers, but I'm guessing at this point. I like the idea of developing something in my spare time, but I work with computers during the day, play games with computers after work, and just adding computers again for spare time development seems a bit too much.

If I could develop an addon, it would probably be something similar to turbohud.
Seeing as you loved UT and can do some coding, what's your take on the Unreal Engine 4.0 being free for all for some royalties (for purchased game)?

Should other engine follow the same idea or would it hurt the gaming industry and potentially hurt the image of the engine due to potential really bad game using it's name?
Epic's decision to make the UT4 engine free is definitely a good move. Hundreds of games already use their engine and this incentive will make it even more popular. Cryengine4 might be pushed to do something similar, maybe. From what I hear, the UT4 engine is pretty good and people who criticize games know the distinction between a bad engine and a bad game.
Bro, do you even lift?
03/02/2015 10:27 AMPosted by Grimiku
I'm big into fitness and like running and lifting weights

Ok fair enough.

Answer these:
1. Outside of D3, what is the most embarrassing moment you're willing to admit to?

2. If a zombie apocalypse broke out, what 3 tangible items would you take with you, and where would you set up camp/fort?

3. Out of all 5 former spice girls, pick one to shoot, pick one to shag, pick one to marry.
03/03/2015 06:55 PMPosted by Ryoka
Answer these:
1. Outside of D3, what is the most embarrassing moment you're willing to admit to?

2. If a zombie apocalypse broke out, what 3 tangible items would you take with you, and where would you set up camp/fort?

3. Out of all 5 former spice girls, pick one to shoot, pick one to shag, pick one to marry.

1. This was a while back when I wanted to see Ratatouille. But all my friends and coworkers were busy or didn't want to watch a movie about a cartoon rat, so I said eff it, I'll just see it by myself. Few minutes before the movie starts, I noticed I'm by myself in a theater full of parents and kids.

2. I don't really watch enough zombie shows to give a good answer.
a) if truly any items, then a magic lamp, so I can make more wishes?
b) if real items, then another Earth and a spaceship to take me there?
c) if not crazy items, a bashing weapon of some kind, a gun with a lot of bullets, and food/water.

Then probably head off to a police station or FBI/CIA headquarters.

3. I've heard of the spice girls, but I don't really know them to answer those questions. I've heard that the one that married David Beckham was really nice in person tho.
03/03/2015 04:38 AMPosted by kiza
He did ask, but I don't think it was posted. Maybe I answered it wrong? This was my answer:

17. Malakai asks: Choose a skill and come up with a Legendary item power (not a set) that augments it for the better.

[quote]Gesture of Orpheus: It makes Arcane torrent Death Blossom more accurate over time.

That's exactly the kind of answer I was looking for, so no, you didn't answer it wrong. LOVE the idea, btw. An affix like that would be VERY cool. Hopefully he passed it along to the devs. :)
Hey Kiza,
If D3 wasn't around, what game would you be playing right now mostly?
and
PC or Console game?
Nice! I thought that you are Diablo veteran too.

Btw just thinking now about going seasonal. What's your PoW on seasons?
03/04/2015 06:06 AMPosted by yodatoy
If D3 wasn't around, what game would you be playing right now mostly?
and
PC or Console game?

I hate consoles with a passion.

Right now, I wouldn't be playing any games. I haven't really played D3 in 3 weeks. Just on and off. It's supposed to snow big tomorrow, so I might play then. If not D3, I would try out civ5.

03/04/2015 11:11 AMPosted by RobertVarga
What's your PoW on seasons?

What's PoW?
03/04/2015 11:11 AMPosted by RobertVarga
Nice! I thought that you are Diablo veteran too.

Lore wise, I honestly have no idea what's happening in Diablo. At one point in the campaign, I was in town, then on a boat, then in another town on fire, then in green plains, then in a spider cave, all in the span of a few minutes. It's like the art department made these environments and the story was sort of shoe horned in, even if didn't make sense. Then later on, a butterfly women (I mean really, is this the best we can do?) tells us where the next piece of the sword is. Why is she telling us this? Doesn't she want to prevent us from... ah you know what. click, click, click, click.

And that's how much I know about Diablo.
03/03/2015 08:21 PMPosted by kiza
3. I've heard of the spice girls, but I don't really know them to answer those questions. I've heard that the one that married David Beckham was really nice in person tho

Another diplomatic answer :>

4. Design a passive for your favourite class. Make it plausible (so "wizards spells dont cost anything" is out.)
03/04/2015 05:12 PMPosted by Ryoka
4. Design a passive for your favourite class. Make it plausible (so "wizards spells dont cost anything" is out.)

I'll pick Wizards cause they really need some good passives.
* Allow two armor skills to be worn at the same time.
03/04/2015 06:29 PMPosted by kiza
* Allow two armor skills to be worn at the same time.

That is not bad at all.

I'm waiting on the legendary affix like Inna's set - "you all all base effects of all armors".
03/02/2015 10:27 AMPosted by Grimiku
kiza: Yodatoy. He's such an iconic figure in the Wizard forums.
http://diablo.wikia.com/wiki/Adria%27s_Hut?file=Adria_the_Witch.jpg
Good read. Great wizard, friendly guy, technical testing expert, has made numerous engaging and thought provoking threads over the years...need I go on?

Wait a tick...he doesn't know who Deckard Cain is!?!?!

/pitchforks
OMG iBR ut2k3. Probably my favorite game type and from my fav game.

Low grav or reg?

Wonder if there is still a community...