[Mechanics] Davlok's Random Testing Shack

Monk
Prev 1 14 15 16 32 Next
Davlok,
I seen about serenity-unwelcome disturbance being describe with Static Charge, a good proc for it.

So I'm interested in its tick per second, and its proc coefficient (not sure does it changed since long ago) mainly for using it with static charge.
Hi, anyone tested Inna 2 piece with the Mantra of Healing - Time of Need? Since it doubles the passive effects of the Mantra, does it mean that the player takes 60% less dmg when below 50% life?
10/10/2015 01:08 AMPosted by uNick
Hi, anyone tested Inna 2 piece with the Mantra of Healing - Time of Need? Since it doubles the passive effects of the Mantra, does it mean that the player takes 60% less dmg when below 50% life?

Doubles the BASE passive effect, not the runed passive.
10/01/2015 06:51 PMPosted by Davlok
I keep hearing about a 1.9 APS "breakpoint" for the new generator build, and as far as I can tell, this is meant to describe the sheet APS needed before conditional buffs like STI/Radiance before reaching the APS cap of 5.0 (assuming FD is cubed). So how many affixes is this in terms of "item rolls used to roll IAS?" It depends on what other items you are using: Gogok? IAS on weapon (bad)? Radiance or Blinding Speed? The reason given by the Chinese monk is that 1.9 is needed to proc Flying Dragon gooder! ^_^

A SC monk passed GR75 in China gave a reasonable answer about the 1.9 APS.

she said 1.9 APS can guarantee
A. keep the spirit if only FD is triggered (without Breath of Heaven) (5.5 punch/sec.)
B. slowly raise the spirit up if only Breath of Heaven is triggered (without FD) (3 punch/sec.)

and make the operation smoother because the DPS depends on how much current u have in FoF's 3 sec.

http://bbs.d.163.com/forum.php?mod=redirect&goto=findpost&ptid=173235676&pid=193538278&fromuid=1128138
一个是没回天触发翔龙至少保证精气不掉(1秒5.5拳),以及有回天无翔龙(1秒3拳)的精气微微上涨。

还有是为了输出平滑,DPS是否打得出来取决于你在3秒百烈Dot时间内拉出多少条电涌

i dont know if these translation is acuuracy enough to make everybody understand. cause im not a native speaker. lol
and i think smoother means u will feel smoother when swtiching between 2 generator to get more current.
@Uncle MacD,
Thanks for the quote, helps alot. However I will help to translate into better (some correction)
Only the last paragraph's meaning has been twisted, so I will correct it.

还有是为了输出平滑,DPS是否打得出来取决于你在3秒百烈Dot时间内拉出多少条电涌
For maintaining constant damage output(not surging or doing less damage), how many monster with SC debuff link (current you mentioned) you can maintain within the 3 second FoF DoT, to maximize DPS.

It seems they apply/maintain debuff & DoT with different sequence. Possibly they make use of first hit FoF. (aka first approach of monster using FoF(max proc co.) then change into FoT to apply debuff to pull strands of current into web)
10/08/2015 08:01 PMPosted by Bahamut
Davlok,
I seen about serenity-unwelcome disturbance being describe with Static Charge, a good proc for it.

So I'm interested in its tick per second, and its proc coefficient (not sure does it changed since long ago) mainly for using it with static charge.

It ticks once per second for... 3 seconds. So I wouldn't use it to proc anything.

10/10/2015 01:08 AMPosted by uNick

Nope, Sustenance is the only rune that is special as it modifies the runeless values as far as I know.

10/10/2015 08:59 PMPosted by 麥當勞爺爺
A SC monk passed GR75 in China gave a reasonable answer about the 1.9 APS.

she said 1.9 APS can guarantee
A. keep the spirit if only FD is triggered (without Breath of Heaven) (5.5 punch/sec.)
B. slowly raise the spirit up if only Breath of Heaven is triggered (without FD) (3 punch/sec.)

and make the operation smoother because the DPS depends on how much current u have in FoF's 3 sec.

Cool, thanks for the insight. I agree that spirit management using IAS instead of CDR is a bit cloudy as far as a specific value. A lot of times the player gameplay dictates how much time is spent with or without spirit.

10/11/2015 04:55 AMPosted by Bahamut
It seems they apply/maintain debuff & DoT with different sequence. Possibly they make use of first hit FoF. (aka first approach of monster using FoF(max proc co.) then change into FoT to apply debuff to pull strands of current into web)

I took a gander at a chinese monk forum and they have some interesting discussions on hardware macros for duogen as well. Don't think its to the level of programming specific conditions for FD on/off or STI on/off. Pretty sure that is a european level of coding! ^_^
For those monks looking to reroll their Shenlongs/Fists of Thunder/Witching Hour to have Chance to Stun/Freeze on hit, here are some (rough) numbers on why it's so damn rare! I spent around 1.5b to reroll 4% to stun on a normal String of Ears, and it worked pretty good. I'm not at the level to need APDs (that's really 76+) so don't feel you -HAVE TO- suddenly swap to APD/chance just because. Its typically best to get enough toughness for the GR you are targeting, not above.

The following is based on some (older) datamined rarity tables for affixes, so might not be totally accurate, but basically each roll is given a weight (100,1000,10000, etc) and given the number of allowable affixes / total sum dictates how hard something is to roll. Chance to Freeze/Stun is weight 100, while pickup radius is 1500, etc. Since you get (2) options each reroll and the fact the the second option omits the probability of the 1st option, probabiltiy is probably slightly better than what is listed below; hence the ~.

Ideal Unrolled Shenlong
Damage Range
Dex
Vit
LoH
+Spirit
_____

= ~9.5% chance to roll Chance to Freeze -or- Stun per roll
= ~19% chance per reroll (2)
= ~5 tries to get at either at least once.

Ideal Unrolled Fists of Thunder
Dex
Vit
CC
CD
Resist
_____

= ~2.3% chance to roll Chance to Stun per roll
= ~4.6% chance per reroll (2)
= ~22 tries to get one stun roll.

Ideal Unrolled Witching Hour
Dex
IAS
CD
FoT
Resist
_____

= ~2.3% chance to roll Chance to Freeze per roll
= ~4.6% chance per reroll (2)
= ~22 tries to get at one freeze roll.
Thanks Ravashak and Davlok.
Hadn't done any of my typical testing validation lately, and felt the need to get back to the basics with some MS-painted glory! So decided to provide some verification for some of the Fists of Fury mechanics as described here: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/11882328396?page=17#321

Testing below is to verify the validity of the formula below:
10/14/2015 10:12 AMPosted by Davlok
FoF's DoT stacks to a maximum of ( 9 )*(Sheet-APS)

Screenshot of Testing = http://i.imgur.com/zthgIud.jpg

Control Test #s
-1-2-3-
-4-5-6-

Control Test#1 = Basic Attack
Basic Attack Damage = 1846 = 100% wd

Control Test#2 = FoF's DoT Tick (1)
DoT Tick = 4% weapon damage = 1846*.04 = 73.85
Conclusion
FoF DoT tick does correct damage.
This will be used as the base 1x DoT tick value for tests 4/5/6.

Control Test #3 = Display sheet APS unbuffed
6% IAS from gear, 0% from all other sources.
No +FoF damage gear.
1.0 APS weapon (Staff of Herding)
1.0 * 1.06 = 1.06 APS unbuffed

Control Tests#4,5,6
@ 1.06 sheet APS
Max Stacks = 1.06 * 9 = 9.54
9.54 * 73.85 = 704
@ 1.36 sheet APS [STI]
Max Stacks = 1.36 * 9 = 12.24
12.24 * 73.85 = 904
@ 2.92 sheet APS [STI+FD]
Max Stacks = 2.92 * 9 = 26.316
26.316 * 73.85 = 1943
Conclusion
Max Stack formula verified.

Summary FoF Mechanics
- FoF DoT's Max Stacks can be a fractional value.
- FoF DoT's Max Stacks are snapshot at application ( 9 * sheetAPS )
- FoF DoT's Proc Coefficent is snapshot at application depending on which strike lands first. (.75 > 0.09 > .5 )
- FoF DoT deals it's damage every 12 frames regardless of your attack speed. (5 times per second)
- FoF DoT's Duration is refreshed every new DoT application.
- FoF DoT's Damage is -NOT- snapshot (no power pylon shenanigans here!)

And as a bonus mechanic! - FoF's DoT is applied before STI buff is gained.
Cool stuff davlok, and thanks for making the post.

I know from personal experience that presenting and formatting the information in a presentable way takes easily 10x longer than just running the test itself.
09/09/2015 10:29 AMPosted by Davlok
Passive LPS Calculation

A = Base LPS = Gizzard + Items + Paragon + Templar
B = Base Mantra (Sustenance) = 42,913.6
C = Base Ally (2x Enduring) = 42,913.6
D = Enduring Ally Bonus = Base LPS x ( 30% ) x 2 x 2
E = Sustenance Bonus = (Base LPS + Base Ally + Enduring Ally Bonus ) x ( 30% ) x 2 x 2

Total LPS = A + B + C + D + E
Gizzard Shield = 2 x Total LPS

I'm working up a spreadsheet at the moment, so I have a question about this equation....

Namely, why do you multiply by 2 twice in the sustenance bonus? The first time is to apply the 100% increased effect from the Inna set bonus, but where does the second multiplication of 2 come from?
"Burst" LPS Calculation (Soothing Light Active)

A = Base LPS = Gem + Items + Paragon + Templar
C = Base Ally (2xEnduring) = 42,913.6
D = Enduring Ally & Soothing Light Bonus = Base LPS x ( 30% x 2 x 2 + 90% )
E = Sustenance Bonus = (Base LPS + Base Ally + Enduring Ally Bonus ) x ( 30% ) x 2 x 2
F = Soothing Light = 26,821
G = Mantra Bonus for Soothing Light = 26,821 x ( 30% ) x 2 x 2

Burst LPS = A + B + C + D + E + F + G

Also on this part, when in D you combine both enduring ally and soothing light, am I right in assuming that this makes blinding flash an additive 90% bonus to the existing enduring ally 30% of your base life/sec?

Also:
Ally LPS Calculation

A = Ally's personal LPS Total from Paragon, Items, Gizzard
C = Healing Monk's Sustenance Bonus

Total Ally LPS = A + B + C.

Where does soothing light fit in there for allys? Is it hidden within the healing monk's sustenance bonus since that in turn gets increased by the ally bonus which is augmented by soothing light?
10/16/2015 05:26 AMPosted by Davlok

Summary FoF Mechanics
- FoF DoT's Max Stacks can be a fractional value.
- FoF DoT's Max Stacks are snapshot at application ( 9 * sheetAPS )
- FoF DoT's Proc Coefficent is snapshot at application depending on which strike lands first. (.75 > 0.09 > .5 )
- FoF DoT deals it's damage every 12 frames regardless of your attack speed. (5 times per second)
- FoF DoT's Duration is refreshed every new DoT application.
- FoF DoT's Damage is -NOT- snapshot (no power pylon shenanigans here!)

And as a bonus mechanic! - FoF's DoT is applied before STI buff is gained.

Davlok, the statement a bit unclear to me, does previous statement about FoF on RG still stay true?

Does proc coefficient have usage on single target? Now I thought of a way to apply 1st FoF everytime, need skillful hand though.

To confirm, is proc co. is snapshot on first application until DoT expire? (refreshing DoT won't change the proc co.)

If so, its ideal to apply FoF first to monster (before RG) for maximum proc. Then only start to FoT to spread web. To ensure first hit of FoF is apply, dashing strike is used to re fresh sequence.
10/16/2015 08:12 AMPosted by BDF
Namely, why do you multiply by 2 twice in the sustenance bonus? The first time is to apply the 100% increased effect from the Inna set bonus, but where does the second multiplication of 2 come from?

Sustenance is 30% x 2 = 60%. At least that is my best guess starring at my horribly organized excel file I havent looked at in a while.

blinding flash an additive 90% bonus to the existing enduring ally 30% of your base life/sec?

Yea, makes total sense right? ^_^

10/16/2015 08:24 AMPosted by BDF
Where does soothing light fit in there for allys? Is it hidden within the healing monk's sustenance bonus since that in turn gets increased by the ally bonus which is augmented by soothing light?

I have no clue. I only asked one random party member what his LPS was before and after BF and whatever values he told me didnt match up exactly with my guessed forumla, and haven't looked into it since. It does work, and increased LPS by ~40% I think. (I don't group much)

10/16/2015 04:58 PMPosted by Bahamut
Does proc coefficient have usage on single target?

If we were all still using Mirinae! But I suppose if you were using APDs you may or maynot want a higher proc on the RG. I wouldn't worry too much about landing specific strikes of FoF on trash.
Edit:

Nvm, looks like when you pick the sustenance rune you get another 30% of your base life/sec in addition to, and not instead of the base 30%.

That's not really reflected very well in the tooltips.
And also since I was just a bit confused by the format, since I wanted things broken down by ability contribution, it seems like your formula could be re-written as:

A - Flat Life/Sec from Gear+Gizzard
B - Life/sec from Mystic Ally
C - Life/sec from Blinding Flash: Soothing Light
D - Life/sec from Mantra

Without Inna's, using Unruned Mantra, and no Crudest Boots:
A = Gear + Gizzard
B = 10,728.4 + 0.3 * A
C = 26,821 + 0.9 * A
D = 10,728.4 + 0.3 * (A + B + C)

Total = A + B + C + D

Using Inna's, Sustenance Mantra, and Crudest Boots
A = Gear + Gizzard
B = (10,728.4 + 0.3 * A) * 4
C =  26,821 + 0.9 * A
D = (10,728.4 + 0.3 * (A + B + C)) * 4

Total = A + B + C + D

Group-wide bonus is just C+D

Did some of my own in-game testing, and other than some small rounding errors the math holds up for both yourself and your teammates.
Finally got around to testing, updated my previous posts.

On a side note, did you ever notice your final life/sec alternating between two values dynamically? about once a second would swing between to numbers roughly 60 life/sec apart?
Thanks for the soothing light group formula. I didn't really simplify the contributions as much as I should have, mostly just fiddled around with excel until the number matched what the game did, then attempted to decipher the equation into text.

I also did notice it would fluctuate between 2 similar values, much be some coding thing with one frame dropped somewhere along the line.
There is also some small amount of rounding error that still exists.

Either the .4 decimals aren't exact, or there is some round-up or round-down in one or more of the equations for calculating life/sec bonus to skills.