[Mechanics] Davlok's Random Testing Shack

Monk
Prev 1 15 16 17 32 Next
Any chance we could get a summary of Tempest Rush mechanics? Tick rate, scaling, proc coefficient, etc.
Sure, I had actually started a "draft" of a TR mechanics post during 2.3 PTR when the speed normalization was added. Not exhaustive mechanically, but should hit all the important points:

- TR cost remained the same (scales with IAS)
- TR tick rate normalized (doesn't scale with IAS)
- TR base weapon damage scales linearly with APS
- Damage per second = 390% weapon damage x APS
- IAS is dynamic, so FD proccing = damage + cost go up.
- TR "tick" damage = (390%xAPS)/5 - All TR runes tick every 12 frames (5x/sec)
- Electric Field AoE Ticks every 15 frames (4x/sec)
- Flurry gains 1 stack per tick (5stacks/s), and stacks to infinity. (buff display caps at 100)
- All runes have .25 proc coefficent per tick. (very good)
- Mythic Rhythm works with TR can lasts the full channeled duration

Screenshot of Testing:
http://i.imgur.com/JUtBxB2.jpg

1-2
3-4

Test#1
Crit = 473,827,442,688 = ~900 stack flurry
Conclusion I have too much time on my hands.

Test#2 = Basic Attack
100% weapon damage = 2273
Conclusion That staff is sexy.

Test#3 = TR Tick
2273 * 390% / 5 * 1.46APS = 2589
Conclusion TR scales with IAS

Test#3 = TR Explosion @ 1898 stacks
2273 * 90% * 1.46APS * 1898 = 5,669,652 damage
Conclusion Flurry stacks above 100.

Summary / Conclusion
Tempest Rush may see a comeback in 2.4 when Sunwuko gets reworked, but for now it is still a pretty fun / lazy playstyle for those that want to endlessly twirl into enemies and blow stuff up with massive crits.

Just for fun:
If you were to use some super-burst damage setup like CoE/SoJ/BP/Furnace/FD/Soj/MR/RA and just TR around an entire rift, you could build almost 4500 stacks of Flurry in 15min to likely one-shot any RG up to around GR60 provided you could survive/sustain spirit that long and had a large first floor map...without any indestructible doors ^_^;
hi Davlok!

what's the spending skill that do more procs to Static Charge?
I know none of them can be compared with FoF, but which of them would be the better choice?
Thanks for your awesome work!
i remember stacks where caped last season, or that was the usual gimmick bug that above 100 stack the game system had problem to visualize them?

So no cap...that is huge

no snapshot tricks involved?
Thanks Davlok, you're a hero as always. I'm off to roll a monk and find ways to abuse that tick rate and proc coefficient lol.
without any indestructible doors ^_^;

They are the worst enemies! Maybe the next legendary gem opens them automatically. I would use it. :-)
Cant wait to see redesigned Inna and Wuko.
Would be interesting to see how EP is interacting with class A debuffs. We know the class A buffs get snapshotted into the EP on application, but how is it working with debuffs.

I did a little testing, but only got 1 result for sure and 1 a bit unsure. Whats for sure is that the DoT part of EP (if you have a rune with a DoT) snapshots the class A debuffs. The thing Im not sure is about an EP spreaded by Gungdo, cause it seemed to me the DoT of the spreaded EP didnt include the debuff.

That leaves the following questions:

1) How exactly are class A debuffs working with the explosion part of EP?

2) How exactly are class A debuffs interacting with spread by Gungdo gear

I dont think any of the results are gamechanging, but its always nice to completly understand/know the mechanics
10/24/2015 02:43 AMPosted by Goldarm
Would be interesting to see how EP is interacting with class A debuffs

I'll say yes... if the explosion remembers the MR buff, it should remember everything else.

10/22/2015 07:47 AMPosted by Enoone
i remember stacks where caped last season, or that was the usual gimmick bug that above 100 stack the game system had problem to visualize them?

So no cap...that is huge

no snapshot tricks involved?

I wasn't a big TR or LTK user with Sunwuko, so never really played with Flurry on PTR back when it was capped/uncapped/recapped. We could see all the Sunwuko buffed skills reworked for 2.4.. but if SSS rune changes in 2.3 are any indication, maybe not. ^_^;
Hack & Fulminator Mechanics with FoT:Static Charge
Since I am seeing the question pop up more frequently as static based groups become more popular, decided to find the video of the Fulminator/Hack test I did a while back and do my usual screenshot testing excercise instead of just being a footnote here: ( http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/11882328396?page=13#255 )

Fulminator Proc:
555% weapon damage per second
"Ticks" twice at 277.5% weapon damage per second
12 total procs per activation.
No ICD, doesn't stack, doesn't hit the target it is on.

Hack Proc:
Deals your total thorns damage scaled by proc coefficents every attack.
No ICD.

Screenshot of Testing:
http://i.imgur.com/EIq5CmW.jpg

1-2
3-4567
8-9

Test#1&2 - Baseline
Basic Attack = 100% wd = 1696
Stactic Charge Punch = 200% wd = 1696x2 = 3392
Static Charge Proc = 180% wd = 1696x1.8 = 3053
Conclusion That staff is sexy.

Test#3,4,5,6,7 = Fulminator Test
Fulminator Proc = 555% wd
2x Ticks per second = 555%/2 = 277.5% wd
Fulminator Proc Damage = 1696x2.775 = 4706
- None of the Fulminator damage procced Static Charge - (no 3053s)
Conclusion
Fulminator proc only looks like Static Charge proc. If it did proc SC, you would see a ton of 3053 damage numbers as well.

Test#8,9 = Hack Test
Frame 1 Left Skeleton HP = 29,569,338
Frame 1 Right Skeleton HP = 43,545,248
Frame 2 Left Skeleton HP = 29,565,880
Frame 2 Right Skeleton HP = 43,541,792
Delta HP between Frames 1 & 2 = 1 x 3458
Conclusion
Hack does not grant a duplicate/additional SC Proc.

Summary
Fulminator proc looks exactly like Static charge proc, but does NOT proc static.
Hack procs on every attack with a proc coefficent, but does NOT proc an additional static charge.
Procs do not proc procs.
I'm sorry if I'm being stupid here, you say hack does not give SC procs, does this mean that thorns damage (on gear or weapon gem) do not give SC procs?

Also, does mirinae gem give SC procs? I saw some support crusaders using that gem instead of toxin to reduce lag.
Will a wizard spike dagger proc on a support barb? Static Charge that is
10/29/2015 04:51 PMPosted by Aegorex

It should, pretty sure it's not a wizard-only proc.

I think the proc rate is bugged though. I was testing out a 24% proc roll dagger on my wizard using a 1.0 proc coefficient skill (Magic Missile: Charged Blast) and was only seeing it proc about 10% of the time, not 24%.
Alright thanks, friend of mine is planning to use it on his support barb. Was discussing if worth trying.
10/29/2015 01:04 PMPosted by narkki
I'm sorry if I'm being stupid here, you say hack does not give SC procs, does this mean that thorns damage (on gear or weapon gem) do not give SC procs?

Also, does mirinae gem give SC procs? I saw some support crusaders using that gem instead of toxin to reduce lag.

Neither Thorns nor Mirinae proc SC. THere was some speculation that the reflect from Shield Pylons might, but haven't see any clear indication it does. Shield Pylon seems to cap at 500% weapon damage.

10/29/2015 04:51 PMPosted by Aegorex

No. Orb does slow enemies for BotT though! :)
Hey Davlok, does a skill's/ability's proc coefficient in any way affect whether it can proc static charge or how often?

From all the claims I'm seeing of stuff that does or doesn't proc static charge, a handful are things that I thought had no proc coefficient whatsoever.
11/06/2015 06:31 AMPosted by BDF
Hey Davlok, does a skill's/ability's proc coefficient in any way affect whether it can proc static charge or how often?

From all the claims I'm seeing of stuff that does or doesn't proc static charge, a handful are things that I thought had no proc coefficient whatsoever.

As far as I'm aware it's the damaging skill's proc that determines if SC activates it not.

So a simple test would be that any attack that also procced Hack would also proc SC. :)
11/06/2015 07:44 AMPosted by Davlok
So a simple test would be that any attack that also procced Hack would also proc SC. :)

That's just the thing though, I'm seeing claims (I've not been able to test) that the Wave of Destruction from the wizar'ds Chantodo 2-set bonus can trigger static charge. But also that it can trigger thunderfury.

However when I tested it with hack, it would not trigger the proc whatsoever, so I'm not sure if this is some exception/bug or if it is representative of a larger underlying pattern.
A question here
Does this passive
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/class/monk/passive/resolve
stack from 2 or more monks in party?
Davlok
from 1 to 10
how happy about new affixes to shorten damage numbers?
the B M and K

totally making easy to test somethings and see difference really totally extremely easy >.>
seams as if blizz is afraid for ppl to understand how their spaghetti code works in this game :P

PS: ye i know that maybe... probably... helps for visualizing better numbers or round them up so there is less lag in calculation

But at least they could let us see the full number when is under 1 Million >.>